Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

If you've got a cleave setup already it's just free damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

CainFortea posted:

If you've got a cleave setup already it's just free damage

The ultimate form of this is demon's claw + lich's tome on Sharpshot

If any monster ever has 4HP or less you get to wipe the board

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

silvergoose posted:

I never, ever take that damned book

I never will again!!

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I have like 15 easy wins and have played like maybe 15 runs of normal with only 1 win there. I suck rear end but this game whips and has whipped ever since I played with it in its earliest days. The long term support and continued quality of its design is incredible. My favourite of the roguelike deck/dice builder genre by far.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I can confirm that casting Hex on Hexia will get you a secret achievement.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Mattybee posted:

The ultimate form of this is demon's claw + lich's tome on Sharpshot

If any monster ever has 4HP or less you get to wipe the board

Dancer + Enchanter/Valkyrie does the same with no other items required. Put any enemy to 2HP or less, then put self-heal on Dancer's rampage/pain whirlwind side or make it death immune. Literally everything gets annihilated except occasionally one Bones on 1HP that then flees. You don't need the other character if you have a Thimble, but it's easier to get one of them than to get a Thimble.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."

Jedit posted:

Dancer + Enchanter/Valkyrie does the same with no other items required. Put any enemy to 2HP or less, then put self-heal on Dancer's rampage/pain whirlwind side or make it death immune. Literally everything gets annihilated except occasionally one Bones on 1HP that then flees. You don't need the other character if you have a Thimble, but it's easier to get one of them than to get a Thimble.

Set this loop up at your own risk. After summoning and killing a few dozen bones in a single turn my phone (pixel 6) couldn't cope and would crash even after a reload no matter what next action I took. I can't remember what I was fighting but it was on blursed a few loops in and was clearly a stage with lots of enemy hp on the field to whittle down.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Aguamoose posted:

Set this loop up at your own risk. After summoning and killing a few dozen bones in a single turn my phone (pixel 6) couldn't cope and would crash even after a reload no matter what next action I took. I can't remember what I was fighting but it was on blursed a few loops in and was clearly a stage with lots of enemy hp on the field to whittle down.
You dabbled in the dark arts and paid the price

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Not totally sure if I actually want to support this... it's been easy to add so far though.

The game is not really playable one-handed, I think that's an impossible goal for this game.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Glreiguh OP, nerf when?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Followed the thread advice and having an absolute blast with a four blue, one orange party. You either roll good and melt every single enemy on the first turn or roll bad and completely eat poo poo with no possible middle ground, it's so much fun

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Tann posted:

Not totally sure if I actually want to support this... it's been easy to add so far though.

The game is not really playable one-handed, I think that's an impossible goal for this game.

Not sure if it needs to be playable one-handed (:quagmire:) in portrait mode. I think it’s more that you less obviously look like you’re playing a game, say at work, when you can play in portrait.

I dunno, I’m still on iOS :smith:

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

Tann posted:

Snip

Hahah! Beautiful! Basic investigation looks good to me, I might fiddle with UI scale some. I have a note 10 with a pop socket like a cool dad would, and this is great when I have my kid on my lap and we're watching Peppa Pig again

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
Get hosed, Hexia

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

bet that assassin regrets life lol

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ciaphas posted:

bet that assassin regrets life lol

Hexia is going to be dead before a spell goes off the Assassin is fine. Sparky on the other hand is about to get slapped for 32 points of sympathy pains.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Tann posted:

would it be any easier if the dice auto-aligned along the 'top' of the playing field like what happens when you double-tap currently, only right above your top-most hero? i'm sure there's a lot of other issues though -- thanks for looking into it regardless! can't wait for glreiguh

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

RoboCicero posted:

would it be any easier if the dice auto-aligned along the 'top' of the playing field like what happens when you double-tap currently, only right above your top-most hero? i'm sure there's a lot of other issues though -- thanks for looking into it regardless! can't wait for glreiguh

Or in a row just above the spells

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Inceltown posted:

Hexia is going to be dead before a spell goes off the Assassin is fine. Sparky on the other hand is about to get slapped for 32 points of sympathy pains.

Ranged attack baybeeee

Had the triple shuriken on Sparky, giving all his attacks chain and ranged, and the Sorceress there had twisted bar (set all sides to 2 pips) and then wax seal (+1 pip for every other matching side). 4-mana cantrips and the odd double reroll, pumped further by the jester's rerolls, then just make sure to save one of their single-use mana sides to use before Sparky and then just fire the railgun. Did I mention that screenshot was turn 1, and that it wasn't even the highest damage I put out that run?

Still haven't beaten her in classic mode, but that run was cathartic.

Orio
May 16, 2022
I might just be completely blind, but is there a mute button for the android version?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Orio posted:

I might just be completely blind, but is there a mute button for the android version?

Gear in the top left, settings, there's a slide bar near the top labeled "sfx" that you can drag left and right to change volume.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Smythe posted:

uo deceit with lich lord room as the boss

AaaaAAaaH!

LifeLynx posted:

I like the endless aspect of Blursed. Getting a streak in any roguelike is rewarding, but I really like how Blursed lets you carry over things from run to run.

Yeah I enjoy the escalation of power / difficulty and I know it's not balanced per se but most regular mode runs are either too rough from the get-go, become too easy, or end too abruptly (at level 20).

Blursed does a good job of escalating the tension but not usually feeling like whatever specific run-end occurred was inevitable.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Demon Claw + Lichs Tome = rampage kill of Hexia by plinking her with exploding skellebums damage. Just finished blursed 200 doing exactly that. Before putting it on my Sharpshot it was on the Druid. Growth + rampage on a die is hilarious when you keep spawning an undead army too. Keep smaking the bones down until you got enough damage to take care of the next most powerful mob and go power up on bones again for a while.

And this is why I frequently pick the Lichs Tome. It's insanely funny.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

275 is now my best blursed run. Snagging permanent death wasn't as big a block as I thought it would be but it was still borrowed time from that point on.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Just popping in to say I bought the game this weekend on Android and again today when I found out there was a Windows version. I'm hooked!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any other mobile games this good. I submit the answer is no but I would like to be wrong

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

some plague rats posted:

Are there any other mobile games this good. I submit the answer is no but I would like to be wrong

there are very few games in general this good, let alone mobile...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

some plague rats posted:

Into the breach scratches the same itch, and is free on mobile if you have a netflix subscription

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I just noticed for the first time that the map of the dice in your inventory is meant to be a sword. That's why Wand Grips affects the left side and Wandify affects the right two sides.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jedit posted:

I just noticed for the first time that the map of the dice in your inventory is meant to be a sword. That's why Wand Grips affects the left side and Wandify affects the right two sides.

Also the items Shortsword and Longsword.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Tann's so good at playing with layout in this way. The cyclops having a vulnerable eye in the middle of its health-face is another great little thing.

.random
May 7, 2007

I would like a refund. This game refers to the “middle side” of a die and a side cannot be a middle nor a middle a side!

:argh:

fake edit: also this game is great, tyvm

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Jedit posted:

:eyepop::eyepop:

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
I do think it's a bit grating that spells don't count as ranged attacks but they are already pretty powerful I suppose. Guess that's just years and years of tabletop RPGs talking.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Is there any way to get inventory to work in Raid mode? I know that you don't ordinarily get any items, but you can, and when you do, it's basically impossible to actually pick where they get equipped.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

metachronos posted:

I do think it's a bit grating that spells don't count as ranged attacks but they are already pretty powerful I suppose. Guess that's just years and years of tabletop RPGs talking.

Beam is explicitly ranged, and is a pretty good spell because of it. Expensive, sure, and single-use, but when you need to obliterate an annoying backrow opponent right now, it's well worth the cost

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I always picture Burst as the mage slapping the enemy with a blue hand.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Is there any way to get inventory to work in Raid mode? I know that you don't ordinarily get any items, but you can, and when you do, it's basically impossible to actually pick where they get equipped.

They should go to whoever has the most DKP

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Been getting back into playing this and having a good time.

Am I looking at it wrong or is the urn item/endure a bit crappy? Would probably find more use for it if it changed all the sides, but maybe it's better when you have the three item slots blessing and can move stuff around potentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rookoo posted:

Been getting back into playing this and having a good time.

Am I looking at it wrong or is the urn item/endure a bit crappy? Would probably find more use for it if it changed all the sides, but maybe it's better when you have the three item slots blessing and can move stuff around potentially.

It's niche but can occasionally do wacky things. Give Wanderer a greatsword that hits 4 times, etc. I think the main problem is that it's at kind of an awkward level for a combo piece where it's a high enough level where you want something immediately useful instead of something that might be useful in the future if the stars align, but not high enough level that you're likely to already have anything to work with.