Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Infinitum posted:

The best part of the rebirth process is it involves a mutant called Goldballs who was straight up a joke mutant who shot gold balls out of his stomach.

Turns out those balls are actually infertile eggs.. and yeah then it gets weird.

His name is now Egg tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Elendil004 posted:

Ant Man & The Wasp was pretty solid, lots of setup but will probably pay off big time for the rest of this series. Felt like the ending was a reshoot though and Scott and the Wasp were supposed to get left down there. I was gonna post this in the CineD thread but its madness there and you people are mostly normal.

A look at some leak threads somewhere else on the internet spells out that your spoiler is correct!

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Elendil004 posted:

Felt like the ending was a reshoot though and Scott and the Wasp were supposed to get left down there.
would have preferred it, then something notable would've happened in the movie rather than a big cul-de-sac ending back at exactly the same place as the end of Loki

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sivart13 posted:

would have preferred it, then something notable would've happened in the movie rather than a big cul-de-sac ending back at exactly the same place as the end of Loki

I wonder if it was a worry people wouldn't like it, or they were writing themselves into a corner. Feels like it would have been easy for a Quantum Rescue at the start of whenever else they needed them so I bet it was the former.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of Magneto, how do the Marvel comics’ sliding timescale handle him being a Holocaust survivor (and thus being, you know, exceptionally geriatric by our present time)?

In the comics, Magneto has:

- An extended life due to his mutation.
- Been turned into a baby and then re-aged into an adult, but several decades younger.
- Had an alien do surgery on him to make him live forever.
- Had his consciousness transferred into a new younger body.
- Uses his ability to control magnetism to modify his own cells to age slower.
- Been cloned into a younger version.

Magneto basically has enough de-aging to live 500 years in the comics.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

swickles posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if instead of Latveria, they just made Doom become a mysterious dictator who managed to take over all of Sokovia in the aftermath of both Age Of Ultron and the blip. Maybe he was one of the warring factions that are never described in Wandavision and came to power after Ultron, and consolidated it during the blip.

I'm sick of all these fake marvel countries. Why not make him the dictator of Lichtenstein? No one will care. :colbert:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Charlz Guybon posted:

I'm sick of all these fake marvel countries. Why not make him the dictator of Lichtenstein? No one will care. :colbert:

Considering you could at one point rent the country on Air BnB, Disney could just probably jsut license the country and monarchy for it. Hell, pay THEM to rename themselves to Latveria.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

swickles posted:

Considering you could at one point rent the country on Air BnB, Disney could just probably jsut license the country and monarchy for it. Hell, pay THEM to rename themselves to Latveria.

Really? The whole country?

It's a tiny country, but it's still 158 square kilometers

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Charlz Guybon posted:

Really? The whole country?

It's a tiny country, but it's still 158 square kilometers

Yes, the whole country* was available to rent.

But, it was only for a brief period and part of a marketing campaign. It wasn't a really serious thing.

You could also rent "entire towns" in Germany.

*Whole country being all the public parks, some restaurants inside a museum, and other public tourist spots.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Disney buying an entire country would be a good step towards the cyberpunk dystopia but they can't even keep control of Florida.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

LongDarkNight posted:

Disney buying an entire country would be a good step towards the cyberpunk dystopia but they can't even keep control of Florida.

I had a conversation yesterday where someone actually told me that this is all Kayfabe because Disneyworld, Disneyworld Paris, and Ron DeSantis are all CIA operations and they are just faking conflict to keep the cover story. Euro Disney was apparently a CIA op that started in 1945, but didn't actually open until 1992.

I thought they were joking initially, but they had a very long conversation about how they are for real.

quote:

disney is a CIA op you stupid motherfucker it's not unique or crazy at all. it's the same as everything else.

quote:

it's called Gladio, dipshit, and if you had any clue whatsoever you'd already know this

quote:

you post a *lot* with a tone of someone who thinks they know a lot of important things, but you lack very basic knowledge. you think I'm the source for documentation on GLADIO ? thanks but also lol

quote:

i think desantis is cia too..

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Y'all should read books of Doom. His Romani background is more than just set dressing. doom is held by his father as his father does from frostbite and exposure trying to keep his son alive. They were trying to flee the then ruler of Latveria's reprisals.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Shut up leon

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Parkingtigers posted:

The BSS thread is the "mostly normal people" superhero movie thread. I sometimes forget and still post here, as there's an overlap, but yeah gently caress CineD stay in the chill threads.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938397&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

lol

Retreat! Retreat! MCU is love. MCU is life. How dare people talk poo poo.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

lol

Retreat! Retreat! MCU is love. MCU is life. How dare people talk poo poo.

Yeah this is about the discourse level of the CineD comic book thread, thanks for the example.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Current talk there is about Scott Grapling with the changes he caused. There is actual good discussion. Who cares if some people didn't like it. Move on and post about what you want re: the movie.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

LongDarkNight posted:

Always a good time to recommend the Defunctland episode of the original plans for EPCOT which was Disney wanting to make his ancap theifdom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKYEXjMlKKQ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I got into a clipping mood, one for each of the 10 MCU shows out. 56k eat poo poo.

Everything has audio if you want to turn sound on

https://i.imgur.com/wSkMJKR.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/zANLF2U.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/oLHrc3o.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ljc60JK.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/9WsZfZj.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/429NU0W.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/o5Qlu8c.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/MX6HBDT.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/otq0FH0.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/uSXsjUy.mp4

MCU is pretty great, warts and all :allears:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

So good. Genuinely would have watched this show.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
that clip from Loki is better than the whole Quantumania movie

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Everyone posted:

But I think Spencer Ackerman has the right of it that Magneto needs to be a Holocaust survivor. Right now, in the real world where we all have to live, there's a lot of voices, especially from the right/alt-right questioning/doubting the Holocaust. Did it really happen? Was it really intentional? Is whatever happened back then really as bad as what the Israelis do to the Palestinians?

The answers to those questions are Yes. Yes. And No, it was much worse.

For now and in the future we need a touchstone to that era even in the form of a fictional comic book character to remind us and future generations of those truths so the Big Liars can't cover it up.
This a good argument, I retract my Balkans genocide idea. Literally lets figure something out to keep it the Holocaust to stick it to Kyrie Irving, gently caress that guy. Maybe his power more fully activated after hunting Nazis in South America when he was in his 30's and he was in a magnetic cacoon comatose and not aging like after Asteroid M crashed in X-Men#3 or some poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sivart13 posted:

that clip from Loki is better than the whole Quantumania movie

The 2nd stinger made me crave more - I cannot wait for season 2!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

KurdtLives posted:

This a good argument, I retract my Balkans genocide idea. Literally lets figure something out to keep it the Holocaust to stick it to Kyrie Irving, gently caress that guy. Maybe his power more fully activated after hunting Nazis in South America when he was in his 30's and he was in a magnetic cocoon comatose and not aging like after Asteroid M crashed in X-Men#3 or some poo poo.

Well, the good news is that it's not on us to figure that stuff. Magneto is a comic character in a comic book known for its soap-opera story-lines. There's going to be something that explains why he's still kicking around and possibly still looks like Michael Fassbender.

BTW, we might actually get to see Fassbender kill Hitler because this movie is an actual thing.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
People are overthinking this. Magneto not being a frail withered husk of a 100 year old isn't a problem in the MCU where we've already seen characters like Carol Danvers get powers and just straight up stop aging. All the comic stuff where they de-aged him multiple times can be skipped over, just "powers awakened, aged slowly, done".

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Now I want to see Magneto crushing the last operational Tiger Tanks in some Argentina Nazi Last Redoubt, Feige LETS GO

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Parkingtigers posted:

People are overthinking this. Magneto not being a frail withered husk of a 100 year old isn't a problem in the MCU where we've already seen characters like Carol Danvers get powers and just straight up stop aging. All the comic stuff where they de-aged him multiple times can be skipped over, just "powers awakened, aged slowly, done".

Weird how Carol stopped aging for 30 years then started again once she was back in the movies :thunkher:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
It’s hell what reading the internet comments can do to your body.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Weird how Carol stopped aging for 30 years then started again once she was back in the movies :thunkher:

When you're in space you don't age, obviously.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

The 2nd stinger made me crave more - I cannot wait for season 2!

Props to whichever goon it was who made this originally, I love it and am sad it's not real :allears:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Luca was so loving good - underrated.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Vintersorg posted:

Luca was so loving good - underrated.

It's actually pronounced, "Loki."

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I rewatched Dogma the other day and it made me appreciate even more that they got Matt Damon to be actor Loki in the MCU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Tony Stark wanted to build an iron suit around the Earth. Doom will hold the Earth within the palm of his iron gauntlet. Only Doom can save us from ourselves.

That’s how Doom has to be presented in the MCU. They should lean into the Killmonger effect and have the audience leave the thinking “maybe…maybe only Doom should rule…?”

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Marsupial Ape posted:

That’s how Doom has to be presented in the MCU. They should lean into the Killmonger effect and have the audience leave the thinking “maybe…maybe only Doom should rule…?”

So pull the dirty centrist trick of presenting an entirely correct antagonist with goals that we should support, and have them kill a puppy on-screen to make sure you don't end up buying into them for what, the eighth time?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

stev posted:

So pull the dirty centrist trick of presenting an entirely correct antagonist with goals that we should support, and have them kill a puppy on-screen to make sure you don't end up buying into them for what, the eighth time?

Yes, but intentionally. Punch it up with some jokes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Marsupial Ape posted:

Yes, but intentionally. Punch it up with some jokes.

"Well that puppy death really happened."

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

stev posted:

Multiverse of Madness does vindicate Agatha.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The wonder and splendor of DOOM will not be denied, you degenerates.

I mean he's horrible, but he is also DOOM.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Would Doom stans be called "doomers"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ApeHawk posted:

Would Doom stans be called "doomers"?