Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Saturn V and the base of the tall neck provide good inspo for making round shapes out of LEGO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Thanks for the tips, I will check those out!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the submarine stuff is legit inspiring. please keep posting updates

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Is super glue the best option for gluing Lego? Building a table for my kid. Planning to glue smaller plates to the table to attach baseplate sized 3rd party plates to so that they can be swapped out.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Scipiotik posted:

Is super glue the best option for gluing Lego? Building a table for my kid. Planning to glue smaller plates to the table to attach baseplate sized 3rd party plates to so that they can be swapped out.

Sounds like a job for velcro

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Scipiotik posted:

Neighbor of mine used a bunch of magnetic strips, on the table itself and on the bottom of the baseplates

Also, kraggle is the obvious move if you're going to glue

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scipiotik posted:

Screws.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was on bricklink a couple weeks ago and had a moment of weakness. I feel guilty but happy.

And now the minifig from the lunar new year set that lets me complete the purple space figure is showing up for sale. $25. Do I wait and see if it goes down? :ohdear:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

My wife grabbed a handful from the impulse rack at Target.

It went swimmingly.

:negative:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wanna see that paperboy face on a benny.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I grabbed a couple for myself and my wife for valentines and they were both Marie Antoinette

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

xzzy posted:

I was on bricklink a couple weeks ago and had a moment of weakness. I feel guilty but happy.

And now the minifig from the lunar new year set that lets me complete the purple space figure is showing up for sale. $25. Do I wait and see if it goes down? :ohdear:

No. You buy the parade set because it is awesome.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Blue Moonlight posted:

It went swimmingly.

Just LOL if you don't think every single spaceman is getting felt up and bought by scalpers and collectors whenever they see an open box.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Waltzing Along posted:

Just LOL if you don't think every single spaceman is getting felt up and bought by scalpers and collectors whenever they see an open box.

Guess I'll be avoiding the toy aisle for a while then.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Blue Moonlight posted:

It went swimmingly.

Jurassic Newsies

Look at me, I'm the king of Isla Nublar!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Brawnfire posted:

Jurassic Newsies

The news, ah, finds a way

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I didn’t realize the spaceman was harder to find or had any extra value, we got one recently. So far we’ve not had any duplicates but only have a few of each series we’ve seen, I’m sure it’ll happen soon though.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
It's pronounced "Spa-CHEmen"

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
But seriously, I would like to bounce this idea off of you fine folks:

My plan for the next compartment is Torpedo Room on the bottom, head/berthing above it, nothing on the top level. So I'm thinking I build the TR like this:

I can then build the head/berthing as it's own rectangular modular thing and drop it in to sit on the white tiles there (that are only white to denote new things to my model, they will be black). There would be another row of inverted bricks on top of the white row, so it will help hide the construction/provide more support. This would let me make the hull separately and hopefully not crush everything from the top when I try and get that last piece in (which will happen anyway but maybe not who knows). The front of the head/berthing is open on the front so I would only have to worry about building the hull pieces in the rear.

I'm thinking that I need to also have a "hole and pin" setup on the outside of the head/berthing to help hold it in place a little better. Thoughts? And don't hold back if I'm missing something really dumb.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Are submarines diamond shaped?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

HootTheOwl posted:

Are submarines diamond shaped?

I think we both know they are turd shaped. I was having a hard time making round.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

EL BROMANCE posted:

I didn’t realize the spaceman was harder to find or had any extra value, we got one recently. So far we’ve not had any duplicates but only have a few of each series we’ve seen, I’m sure it’ll happen soon though.

I got 4 out of 6 Miss Piggy’s on the muppet set. I should have just bought a complete set from a third party.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flyinglemur posted:

I think we both know they are turd shaped. I was having a hard time making round.

Well if it's an insert you can make it diamond shaped and then make a round tube to insert it into. This would also help with the cut away

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Trying to make a round tube the size in making this was what was challenging me. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying though. Pretend I'm an idiot. :)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Brb, gonna go sell those sub schematics to our geopolitical rivals.

Edit: so I can buy more Legos. :homebrew:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Hey this isn’t the warthunder thread

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Moving Truck GWP is up. $180.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

Moving Truck GWP is up. $180.
I do like that all the furniture fits inside at the same time. What a fun idea for a set. Thematically, it would be perfect with something like 41732.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm in awe at the size of that sub (lad)

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
drat, way cooler than this stupid ambulance thing. Should have waited!

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

The A Frame is 179,99 and doesn't qualify you for the GWP. Like, sure, it's below the limit but it feels kinda petty.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's because the GWP isn't actually a gift, it's an incentive to spend more money! :v:

At least you can get over this limit by adding a minifig bag or something.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Bag of DOTS is my go-to.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Asnorban posted:

I got 4 out of 6 Miss Piggy’s on the muppet set. I should have just bought a complete set from a third party.

Seriously, if you pre-order a complete set right when it's announced they basically charge $5 over retail with free shipping on ebay. Any set I really want even half the figures it just makes sense.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

EEKA GEEK posted:

drat, way cooler than this stupid ambulance thing. Should have waited!

i ended up biting just for the double points more than the ambulance. although given that im gonna be moving apartments in a few months, seems auspicious to go in on the moving truck

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Finished my first Rebrickable MOC - Leatherface and matching bone wall. My first Breakheadz too!

Nice.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

This kind of went by without comment, and I just want you to know I appreciated it.

"That's my dinosaur..."
"You'll clone another."
"Hey Nedry you've got work to do."

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

engessa posted:

The A Frame is 179,99 and doesn't qualify you for the GWP. Like, sure, it's below the limit but it feels kinda petty.

Yes it does. They give you 1 cent of leeway. So you can qualify at 179.99.

SUB TOTAL: $179.99
SHIPPING: $0.00
TAX: $17.55
ORDER TOTAL: $197.54
Price QTD. TOTAL
A-Frame Cabin V39 $179.99 1 $179.99
Moving Truck V39 $0.00 1 $0.00

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Definitely won't be the case in Canada then - A-Frame is 239$ CAD and moving truck wants 245$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes it does. They give you 1 cent of leeway. So you can qualify at 179.99.

SUB TOTAL: $179.99
SHIPPING: $0.00
TAX: $17.55
ORDER TOTAL: $197.54
Price QTD. TOTAL
A-Frame Cabin V39 $179.99 1 $179.99
Moving Truck V39 $0.00 1 $0.00
https://imgur.com/cHBjpKd
https://imgur.com/J0YasdN

In Europe we include taxes in the prices. Could you try adding something that's just below the treshold including taxes? I don't think you'll get the GWP.

Or they give you a little leeway in the USA, who knows?

engessa fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 21, 2023