Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one wondering wtf holding L1 +R1 was supposed to do. Figured out the double click on accident. I’m looking forward to getting into more combat today but the melee and dodging felt solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Atomic Heart looks really nice. Probably the best lighting I've seen this gen aside from Metro Exodus. One of the best looking games too. First hour was fun, hope it holds up.

That's all open world stuff, not cutscenes.

That isn't open world, it is the opening linear area.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

That isn't open world, it is the opening linear area.
Doormat reading comprehension fr

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Two games in the last few weeks with weirdly horny refrigerators. What's going on?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Oh yeah, the New Zealand Trick works for Yakuza Ishin. You can start playing today.

I mean Digital Deluxe has has the game accessible since Friday afternoon (Americas time, was simultaneous worldwide launch). I even beat the game last night thanks to a well-placed national holiday and work snow day.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

American McGay posted:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

univbee posted:

I mean Digital Deluxe has has the game accessible since Friday afternoon (Americas time, was simultaneous worldwide launch). I even beat the game last night thanks to a well-placed national holiday and work snow day.

Yeah, I wasn't gonna pay 10 dollars for 3 days early access. How many hours did that take, that seems way too quick for a yakuza game unless you ignored sidequests, gambling etc and or gamed for like 40 hours in two days or something.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Everything I've read says Ishin should be released everywhere today no tricks needed

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

American McGay posted:

Two games in the last few weeks with weirdly horny refrigerators. What's going on?

What's the other one?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Yeah, I wasn't gonna pay 10 dollars for 3 days early access. How many hours did that take, that seems way too quick for a yakuza game unless you ignored sidequests, gambling etc and or gamed for like 40 hours in two days or something.

It took many hours. I did do some of the side content but I definitely got engrossed by the story like I tend to do with these games so I did go quite heavy on the story. My final playtime was something like 24 hours, give or take.

While on the subject of 1000 Gamerscore hunters, this game has probably the biggest grind of any RGG game to accomplish this, which is saying something. So buckle in if that's something you're looking to do, current unconfirmed estimates have it taking 120-150 hours if not longer. It also has very difficult combat even on Easy difficulty.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

1glitch0 posted:

What's the other one?
Hi-Fi RUSH

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Atomic hearts eurojank confirmed?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

They copied the eurojank loot every box and cabinet bullshit from CDPR games, added a magic loot vacuum to make that quicker, and then made that janky.

Going through 3 or 4 offices and hoovering up machine parts from filing cabinets made me appreciate, of all games, Call of Duty. At least in DMZ stuff is mostly stashed in logical places (stims in medicine cabinets, cash in cash registers, backpacks in lockers, etc).

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 21, 2023

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Blue Raider posted:

Atomic hearts eurojank confirmed?
It feels like Bioshock Cyberpunk. Fine, but not charming eurojank like Stalker.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That one had a crush. The one in Atomic Heart wants to gently caress the poo poo out of you!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

I am genuinely confused. That is not the game's open world area, and nobody uses 'open world' to refer to gameplay vs cutscenes.

1glitch0 posted:

That one had a crush. The one in Atomic Heart wants to gently caress the poo poo out of you!

It is fine being degraded and bullied.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
I wasn't going to play atomic fart b/c it sounds like garbage but it's an immersive sim so i guess i have to

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dpulex posted:

I wasn't going to play atomic fart b/c it sounds like garbage but it's an immersive sim so i guess i have to

Honestly it really isn't. It guises itself as one but there are no solutions to anything besides straightforward fighting.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just played past the intro, which was very pretty, and I'm now at the horny fridge.

So far, I'm enjoying it. The little combat I've had felt nice so far. Can't wait to play some more later.

Another win for the game pass haver.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Now Nvidia is onboard.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1628096694939156486

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

bring gamepass cloud gaming to switch pls because I ain't rich enough for no steam deck

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

drat, Sony must feel the heat. Looks like MS is on the offensive to pass the deal.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're putting Sony on an island but it isn't going to matter because the euro board is corrupt and it was never a fair fight to begin with.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1628094541382422528

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

drat, Sony must feel the heat. Looks like MS is on the offensive to pass the deal.

They're really pulling out all the stops (older news).

https://www.eurogamer.net/microsoft-admits-many-playstation-exclusives-better-quality-than-those-on-xbox

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
On one hand, mergers are usually bad and anticompetitive and done to benefit giant monolithic corporations, on the other hand lol sony

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Fuckin lol

Wild how this little hobby ended up being the largest entertainment sector in the world.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

priznat posted:

On one hand, mergers are usually bad and anticompetitive and done to benefit giant monolithic corporations, on the other hand lol sony
I would like to play Diablo 4 for free. Imho.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

American McGay posted:

I would like to play Diablo 4 for free. Imho.

I'd really like this to close soon so I can get some D3 time in before 4 releases, just to refresh the senses

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The regulators still have to go for it which, so far, they don't seem interested in changing the status quo.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I just want Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 & 2 Remaster on Steam.

Maybe Diablo 4 too please.

Appreciate your view on this may differ if you exclusively own a PlayStation, but for me the path of “Less Arbitrary Bullshit” runs through this acquisition going through.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Blocking it would be fine if it also meant that Sony couldn't buy timed exclusives anymore but that'll never happen

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am contrarian because the more Microsoft gives up the less I want the deal to go through because they absolutely think they are going to benefit enough to justify it and that probably isn't good in the long run.

But either way it is absurdly wealthy companies fighting over fake real money so eh.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

External Organs posted:

I got Marvel's Midnight Suns for my birthday and it's loving fun. Hopefully it'll come to gamepass so you folks can enjoy it.

Yikes I went off to find the thread for this game and it's loving terrible.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

External Organs posted:

Yikes I went off to find the thread for this game and it's loving terrible.

The game or the thread? I was interested in the game as well.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

priznat posted:

There's a 10 hour trial if you want to give it a shot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

priznat posted:

Thread bad, game good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

There's a 10 hour trial if you want to give it a shot.

Where’s that on?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

priznat posted:

Where’s that on?

If you search for the game on the store on your console, you get the option to 'Free Trial'.

Also, apparently it's a 3 hour trial, not 10 hours as I said before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral
Anyone start playing Atomic Heart? So far it looks like a solid 7/10 meaning it's a perfect Game Pass game.