Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1627729976903585792?t=4br2WfL3w9txYshb_088pg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Ministers to mull engineered stone import ban as unions warn of silicosis 'epidemic' among workers (ABC).

Wilcox:

Rowe:

Jim Chalmers opens door to changing superannuation tax concessions (Guardian).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Treasurer flags laws to block ‘disastrous policy’ allowing super raids (SMH).

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

pretty egotistical of him to build those houses like that

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh cool, we're doing the thing where we pretend that natural gas is clean because it has the word "natural" in the name.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
$360B in taxpayer funds? Phew I'm glad the fossil fuel industry has never cost the American People any amount of-- oh hold on

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm no car doctor, but, won't the front end of the Natural Gas car pretty much immediately run itself into the pavement like a 400 horsepower cheesegrater once it starts going?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
As someone who actually stands to make money on a natural gas well on my property if the price is high enough: gently caress you Varvel.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Microplastics posted:

Just watched Biden say "Kiev has captured a part of my heart" and immediately thought of a Branco comic:

Close up of Biden, above phrase in a speech bubble, chest is an x-ray image, his heart is a pie chart and a slice has a 10% money bag in it. Standard Biden iconography also pictured.

KEY IT IN, IT'S HAPPENING

Don’t forget the fly hovering near his rear end

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The fly hovering near his rear end is part of the standard Biden iconography OP mentioned.

The standard Biden iconography is currently: Obama teleprompter, empty thought bubble, sippy cup, fly near rear end, and blood on hands.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Twelve by Pies posted:

The fly hovering near his rear end is part of the standard Biden iconography OP mentioned.

The standard Biden iconography is currently: Obama teleprompter, empty thought bubble, sippy cup, fly near rear end, and blood on hands.

I believe the 10% bag is making more regular apperances too now, isn't it?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

Adam Zyglis

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Neito posted:

Actually the bag is $10%. Ten perdollarcent.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Neito posted:

A chart was made recently tracking the Biden symbols for the cartoons so far this year.

Microplastics posted:

when i'm bored at work i'm going to trace these all the way back to their origins

edit: shameful miss on the poopy fly on 7 january

It does look like the $10% bag has been popping up more frequently and could become the next Biden symbol. e: As well as the Classified docs, though I don't expect those to have staying power given the whole Trump/Pence stuff.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh cool, we're doing the thing where we pretend that natural gas is clean because it has the word "natural" in the name.

The "Made in China" thing is hilarious because if other countries are buying into green energy, then shouldn't we apply our good old 'Murican know-how and make the best drat green energy on the planet and sell it to them? It's a prime opportunity to grow an industrial sector in the US and sell stuff to other people!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

the_steve posted:

I'm no car doctor, but, won't the front end of the Natural Gas car pretty much immediately run itself into the pavement like a 400 horsepower cheesegrater once it starts going?

No. But it will do a wheelie and backfip into a ball of fire.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Dirk the Average posted:

The "Made in China" thing is hilarious because if other countries are buying into green energy, then shouldn't we apply our good old 'Murican know-how and make the best drat green energy on the planet and sell it to them? It's a prime opportunity to grow an industrial sector in the US and sell stuff to other people!

You'd think that good old American capitalists would put more than a token amount towards green energy but why do that when you can prop up the dying fossil fuel industry for a few more decades? Much less effort than actually improving the technology.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Angepain posted:

pretty egotistical of him to build those houses like that

And what planet is that? Why didn't Jimmy build houses on Earth?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Benson

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Twelve by Pies posted:

e: As well as the Classified docs, though I don't expect those to have staying power given the whole Trump/Pence stuff.

This, I think, is putting too much faith in conservative cartoonists' dedication to avoiding blatant hypocrisy

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

lmao

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Kellies Nomination: Worst False Equivalence

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Michael Ramirez

The biggest failure of the President in his entire term was not shooting down the balloon. It was of the utmost danger and importance and every second it remained in our airspace China was gaining valuable military secrets and embarrassing our country. The second it was shot down, shooting down the balloon became the biggest failure of the President in his entire term. It was just a harmless little balloon and mobilizing our bloated military to shoot it down was a pathetic waste and an embarrassment.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Gotta say, the turnaround by cartoonists between "OMG CHINA DEATH-BALLOONS are coming to KILL US ALL, why did WEAKLING Biden take so long to destroy them!! It may be TOO LATE for us all!" and onwards to "Tchya, look at those wimpy Dems freaking out about just hot air, so unseemly" may have been the fastest flip I've ever seen.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Even better, the Chinese spy balloon was actually part of the Biden katamari for a few days.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I'm reasonably sure Payne has a checklist of everything negative anyone ever said about Trump and is using it to figure out what to say about Biden.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

skeleton warrior posted:

I'm reasonably sure Payne has a checklist of everything negative anyone ever said about Trump and is using it to figure out what to say about Biden.

I mean, that's pretty much the game of a lot of these reactionary-types. They view a lot of the stuff that was said against Trump not as valid points by someone who disagrees, but as points scored.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1628046403397210114?t=m68734MNReggnnZ2b8Pveg&s=19

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the battle over the Northern Ireland protocol – Rishi Sunak’s Tory opponents determined not make life easy for him"

Telegraph:

Augustus Gloop no longer fat as Roald Dahl goes PC

Matt:

"The butchering of Roald Dahl is an assault on liberty by a neurotic elite"

Times:

Putin’s war is failing, says Joe Biden on surprise visit to Ukraine

Evening Standard:

Putin rages against the West in major speech on Ukraine war as Biden rallies allies in Poland

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Any other day I'd roll my eyes at the normal reactionary crying about political correctness gone mad, but in this case a lot of the changes are extremely bizarre, and also somehow don't change the actual problematic elements.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

"Channeled Aggression"

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Quite frankly, there is no way Branco isn't masturbating to this. Got all the classics and then some.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
that don't seem very kellish. my experience is the old fucks just demand that the tvs be changed

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

World Famous W posted:

that don't seem very kellish. my experience is the old fucks just demand that the tvs be changed
How dare you trivialize the suffering of Honest Families

Edit at below: yes, ha ha ha, yes

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 21, 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

World Famous W posted:

And risk starting off on the wrong foot with the bartender? Now THAT is what seems un-Kellish

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Family should have been walking into a newfangled TV-less bar, sharp-toothed elitist hostess saying "come on in, SOCIALIZE with us :twisted:"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The looney left loves banana communism.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I don't follow this thread but I did follow Bors when I still used twitter--didn't he say he was retiring from making comics less than a year ago? Either I've somehow imagined that or his retirement didn't last long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
You remembered right, but it didn't last that long. He started to do them a few months ago.