Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Norway has an ongoing "digitise all archived material" project, and idly searching it led me to these two:

That's the older brother of my grandfather's grandfather with his wife, outside the farm my surname is from. This was taken by a woman documenting traditional arts and crafts in 1937, and they were born in 1858 and 1864.

E: weird snipe, but she looks like she can handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Computer viking posted:

she was known for the most severe middle parting in all of norway

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

:golfclap:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Computer viking posted:

Norway has an ongoing "digitise all archived material" project, and idly searching it led me to these two:

That's the older brother of my grandfather's grandfather with his wife, outside the farm my surname is from. This was taken by a woman documenting traditional arts and crafts in 1937, and they were born in 1858 and 1864.

That's actually super cool that you can trace your family history like that and also just casually come across photos of your ancestors in public records :waycool:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
CLICK FOR PUPPY

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

FROM THE TOP ROPES!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRn8XGuR/ baby goat

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

bagmonkey posted:

Puppy and goat

I know I'm old man yelling at clouds here but the tiktok format is just so annoying to me, theres too much other stuff crammed on the screen :bahgawd:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

I CLICKED FOR PUPPY!!!

and goat!!!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Thought this was going to be glitterdick

That is 100% prime good dog

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Computer viking posted:

Super cool :)
I find it striking that these two of your ancestors could be swapped out for nearly anyone of prior generations in my family, it's actually kinda freaking me out

I'm guessing one of the larger crops on the farm was hardiness

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Last goat: "you got two hands there fella, how's about you make yourself useful and carry me"

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Thought this was going to be glitterdick

That is 100% prime good dog

I'm still pretty sure it's glitterdick. Fool me 11 times, shame on you. Fool me 12 times, shame on me.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I know I'm old man yelling at clouds here but the tiktok format is just so annoying to me, theres too much other stuff crammed on the screen :bahgawd:

I got used to it and it's my favorite "kill time" app now. It's entirely designed to be overwhelming and feel like way too much going on, luckily my brain loves that lol I recommend TikTok if you like the short attention span overwhelming style, just make sure to long press on fascist/right wing garbage and say not interested. If you do that, the algorithm is absolutely insane and will diagnose half your mental disorders in like a month. It's how I figured out I might actually be autistic!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

bagmonkey posted:

I got used to it and it's my favorite "kill time" app now. It's entirely designed to be overwhelming and feel like way too much going on, luckily my brain loves that lol I recommend TikTok if you like the short attention span overwhelming style, just make sure to long press on fascist/right wing garbage and say not interested. If you do that, the algorithm is absolutely insane and will diagnose half your mental disorders in like a month. It's how I figured out I might actually be autistic!

I'm all for turning my brain off and wasting time although I usually look at Imgur for memes and cute videos even though the politics and sob stories can get a little tiresome. I don't think i want a new diagnosis at this time of my life :ohdear:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I'm all for turning my brain off and wasting time although I usually look at Imgur for memes and cute videos even though the politics and sob stories can get a little tiresome. I don't think i want a new diagnosis at this time of my life :ohdear:

Gotta wait for the new insurance to kick in to see how good it is!

Today's been a good day so far fam

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Good morning everyone!

I played golf yesterday for the first time in at least 10 years. Great fun but muscles I have not used in a while are complaining today.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Also, I made Spanish Basque style cheesecake with crushed up Oreo bits for a birthday party at work today.

First time trying that style but really big hit.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I'm helping

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

Also, I made Spanish Basque style cheesecake with crushed up Oreo bits for a birthday party at work today.

First time trying that style but really big hit.

What makes it a Spanish style cheesecake?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

It is more custard texture. They use the word jiggly a lot.

Plus kind of a burnt top.

It uses twice as many eggs and also lot of heavy whipping cream in the recipe. Saw a YouTube video and was curious and was in a baking mood this weekend.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Thanks neato burrito

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
There's a list of contacts taped to my workstation and one of the names on it is Mike Hock

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

CALL IT

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

"hello... my cock?"
"THIS IS THE CEO WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS"

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
My cousin married a guy named Mike Rauch

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I have interacted with the following people:

Man Dong
Mai Kunt
Baby Juice

They all are ladies

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
People I knew/worked with/whatever:

Michael Hunt
Max Ball
Sandy Beaver
Ann Frank

Also my 96-year old grandmother's first name is Gay :laugh:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

it's now my head canon that everyone dorkus knows is named something like seymour butts, jacques strap, or I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TIP posted:

it's now my head canon that everyone dorkus knows is named something like seymour butts, jacques strap, or I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt

Don't forget Joey Jojo

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

TIP posted:

This is a Truman Show that I would watch.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I got a work email from a William Williams yesterday

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also we got dinner from the eye-talian place tonight and I’m full of meatball and sausage parmigiana and will likely pass away soon :rip:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i won one game of bowling and got beat by 1 point in the second game :argh:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

fartknocker posted:

Don't forget Joey Jojo

That's the worst name I ever heard

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also we got dinner from the eye-talian place tonight and I’m full of meatball and sausage parmigiana and will likely pass away soon :rip:

Not a terrible way to go :yum:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Apple Pazcki with an apple paczek

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
had kfc at work for lunch now too tired to give a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bring back the kfc Double Down