Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
WD owned when that rain of frogs build was good. Because raining frogs is good.

How that's not the best skill in almost every season is a huge miss by blizz. It's a rain of loving frogs, man. Let me kill the heck out of demons with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Little Kielbasa posted:

WD owned when that rain of frogs build was good. Because raining frogs is good.

How that's not the best skill in almost every season is a huge miss by blizz. It's a rain of loving frogs, man. Let me kill the heck out of demons with that.

This but zombie bears.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Re: the first challenge rift on Friday, is it to be done on a new naked seasonal character or a pre-leveled strong standard character?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

chird posted:

Re: the first challenge rift on Friday, is it to be done on a new naked seasonal character or a pre-leveled strong standard character?

You’ll want to cash it in on the new nude seasonal fella; the actual rift will be some random build the Diablo intern has chosen.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Make seasonal character, I don't think this next step is for sure needed but I always make a game with them and immediately exit then go do the CR and then play the season like normal.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Nfcknblvbl posted:

That exploding chicken be fast, though.

Shame it doesn't do anything useful while you move and costs you 2 item slots that usually have big damage multipliers.

Bemused Observer
Sep 21, 2019

chird posted:

The Challenge Rift is done on a premade character that's the same for every player. When you successfully complete it, you'll get the cache in the mail on your "normal" characters. I think you should should have an existing seasonal character before you do it, though, so just create a seasonal character and start (and immediately quit) a campaign/adventure mode game, then do the challenge rift, then go back to your seasonal character and receive the cache.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Ah, I see, thanks all!

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Oh thank god they changed the free barb set to 90Saveges instead of the normal rotation, which would be IK iirc.
Can't wait to turn hordes of monsters into thinly sliced gyros.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Frenzy is my favorite Barb build in the game. Any spec where the animation starts clipping gets an automatic +10 points in my book.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Frenzy is my favorite Barb build in the game. Any spec where the animation starts clipping gets an automatic +10 points in my book.

Blizzard : How fast do you want to attack?

D3 barbarian: YES

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Field Mousepad posted:

I feel like that's just ranged characters/builds in general. It's just not going to feel the same as bashing heads with a melee character.
I dunno, the wizard has some pretty pop-y stuff. Disintegrate feels (and sounds!) amazing, Meteor is great, even something like Magic Missile has a bit of weight to it that, imo, WD spells just don't have.

Special shoutout to Arcane Orb - Obliteration for most wasted potential.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah there are always exceptions, I think that's why I gravitate towards meteor builds when I'm playing a wizard, it definitely has more stank on it.

But as a dh main that kinda takes a back seat to just melting things off screen and I'm cool with that too.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
I changed my mind. I'm going to go WD to start the season and then make a wizard later to get my first ever 150.

I'm just not a big fan of wizard which is why I've never really played it much.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You're gonna be missing out on the best crusader set

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

AlbertFlasher posted:

I changed my mind. I'm going to go WD to start the season and then make a wizard later to get my first ever 150.

I'm just not a big fan of wizard which is why I've never really played it much.

How much paragon do you think will be needed for 150 this season? 127 is my highest but that's with plenty of time left last season. For some reason I just like speedy runs and get bored if they take more than 5 minutes or so. Still, I'd like to check that 150 box someday.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Tal and Tragoul will both be able to do it under 1000 paragon is my guess. You may want more to make it easier/less keys/etc.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I haven't played since just before the release of the Necromancer DLC and now LLJK chat is a ghost town. Anywhere to find fellow goons to play and chitchat? Some kind of Discord maybe?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Danakir posted:

I haven't played since just before the release of the Necromancer DLC and now LLJK chat is a ghost town. Anywhere to find fellow goons to play and chitchat? Some kind of Discord maybe?

give it three days and there will probably be a lot of people

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

yeah, the game is 28 seasons deep and like 11 years old. No one is playing outside of season launch weekends anymore.

LLJK will be very active on Friday night

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
If I understood correctly the new season's feature will require not more than 1x weekly challenge-cache?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Just the 1 cache for your 15th unlock. Either Friday's or Monday's- if you're planning to really blast opening weekend you should probably use Friday's, if you're playing Switch during bathroom breaks you should probably level fast with Friday's cache and use Monday's for the altar.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Did a quick GR120 with the revamped Nat's on my NS Demon Hunter. The newer playstyle kind of lands closer to Shadow where you're zipping around with near-infinite Discipline hunting for elites and big groups to pop with spike traps, except instead of Vault you're using Smokescreen. It's way more active and fun than Strafe was but I don't think casual players are going to like it as much since you do have to press a lot of buttons. Also I'm not sure if Caltrops is really working as intended with the 4pc bonus, enemies barely seemed to get dragged into them or not at all. Maxroll guide recommends wearing the ring so that you can use Dawn but if you have really high CDR you can get by with Natalya's Slayer and keep a ring slot open for CoE or Endless Walk or w/e.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I now have everything but Barb up to 70, I will finally get around to rolling one this season. I tried out my 70 crusader and 70 necro who I had actual playtime with. I recall being able to do Torment 3 with both of them. No idea if stuff scales differently now, if things are balanced differently, or if I just completely forgot how to play, but I cannot really imagine doing a rift at Torment 3 with my gearing right now on those characters.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Just the 1 cache for your 15th unlock. Either Friday's or Monday's- if you're planning to really blast opening weekend you should probably use Friday's, if you're playing Switch during bathroom breaks you should probably level fast with Friday's cache and use Monday's for the altar.

Cheers, I'm busy all weekend but I'll try to complete the challenge this friday and get going properly next week.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Suburban Dad posted:

How much paragon do you think will be needed for 150 this season? 127 is my highest but that's with plenty of time left last season. For some reason I just like speedy runs and get bored if they take more than 5 minutes or so. Still, I'd like to check that 150 box someday.

Like 1000 at least for tal rasha meteor and death nova necro. Everything I have seen so far is that there will be a solo 150 with meteor and death nova on day 1 easily.

Outside of those builds I don't know. I am aiming for 2000 paragon this season because of the big xp boost. So I figure with that lvl of paragon with one of the big meta push builds I should be able to do a 150.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Here's an updated fast leveling 1 to 70 with changes for the altar thing. Bottom line is its even quicker than usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNnTNi73dQU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Coming back to this after a few seasons, this new (? to me at least) Crusader set that's the s28 bonus looks interesting. How does it play, is it good out of the box without a bunch of load-bearing separate uniques? The last time I played I tried a Necro set that just flat out didn't work without some unique items, so I'm hoping that's not the case here.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

AlbertFlasher posted:

Like 1000 at least for tal rasha meteor and death nova necro. Everything I have seen so far is that there will be a solo 150 with meteor and death nova on day 1 easily.

Outside of those builds I don't know. I am aiming for 2000 paragon this season because of the big xp boost. So I figure with that lvl of paragon with one of the big meta push builds I should be able to do a 150.

I forgot that they didn't fix the necro skill that reduces the potion cooldown. :lol: I normally hate necro but I hate it less than wizard so maybe I'll finally do it this time.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I'm going to try to NOT play wizard this time. Its hard though, I love being able to throw on Aether Walker and the off-hand that goes with it with Tal-Rasha's set to just teleport infinitely. Probably my favorite way to speedrun poo poo. I use the arcane damage rune for teleport for the arcane meteor. I was able to do the "all bosses in 20 mins" conquest in 15 minutes like that. I was clearing GR 75s for gem leveling in under 2 mins. Being able to jump over walls is great too. It's basically like always having In-Geom up.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Coming back to this after a few seasons, this new (? to me at least) Crusader set that's the s28 bonus looks interesting. How does it play, is it good out of the box without a bunch of load-bearing separate uniques? The last time I played I tried a Necro set that just flat out didn't work without some unique items, so I'm hoping that's not the case here.

It's stupid fun, you poo poo out lightning bolts that wipe out the entire screen while moving at 150% move speed. It's my favorite crusader set by a country mile.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
lmao you can stack warcries in town for solo pushing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMr305qL6M
wonder what other buffs this might work with

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I'm gonna do DH or Monk as primary, and then maybe do something I haven't done (Barbarian? Crusader? Witch Doctor?). Or I'll just en up rolling a mage as second as usual.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Field Mousepad posted:

It's stupid fun, you poo poo out lightning bolts that wipe out the entire screen while moving at 150% move speed. It's my favorite crusader set by a country mile.

Sold.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I play characters/specs by how fun they are and it's legit in my top 5

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You spend most of your time farming/grinding so make your picks based on that because you can always build a push set for any class with the output of your farming and paragon xp applies to all your characters.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I wish Darkening of Tristram wasn't just a limited-time event. It's fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Just one more day until it's wizzin' time, baby!

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Field Mousepad posted:

The first legendary I ever got was a Darklight. I've been chasing that high ever since. FotH is still my favorite build and I have to fight to not play crusader every season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Just one more day until it's wizzin' time, baby!

Gonna go DH for speeds and do my best to farm up a tal's set to try to take down a 150. It looks easier to clear 150 with tal's than blood nova play style wise so I'm gonna try it. Every time I try to play wizard as a second class I get to 70 and acquire 3-4 pieces and stop playing. It should be better this time around with double kadala leggies...I hope.

If there's any euros that want somebody to burn their cache for them I should be around to do so. I think that's like 11EST if I googled the time right.