Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

Some people are saying "the leaked pages" etc but not sure if they mean a subset of them. The entire 204 page art book is all out there

they mean all 204

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Augus posted:

[spoilers][/spoilers]

look at the symbols on the cheese!!!! huge spoiler!!! CDI games are canon and are in the combind timeline!!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i take it back about no real spoilers in the artbook, the nerds over at resetera have been dissecting it and holy poo poo :eyepop:

11 proper dungeons its looking like, separate from shrines. theres a place that requires 11 glyphs or something, "tears" probably. like a classic zelda item youd get at the end of each dungeon, and theres a big map room with a hyrule map in the ground with symbols showing where things might be. one of the symbols is the new slate which looks like a switch of course.

also names of the one of the characters is :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 20, 2023

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Mahoning posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Mozzarella and Thyme
:mad:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

someone knew 2 years ago.

https://twitter.com/8bithero/status/1328145304735027201?s=20

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Vikar Jerome posted:

i take it back about no real spoilers in the artbook, the nerds over at resetera have been dissecting it and holy poo poo :eyepop:

11 proper dungeons its looking like, separate from shrines. theres a place that requires 11 glyphs or something, "tears" probably. like a classic zelda item youd get at the end of each dungeon, and theres a big map room with a hyrule map in the ground with symbols showing where things might be. one of the symbols is the new slate which looks like a switch of course.

also names of the one of the characters is :eyepop:

to be honest, all of this has left me with far more questions then answers

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's crazy how nintendo is holding their cards so close to their chest with this game, three months from release. Nine months before BoTW came out we had the huge treehouse showcase which showed us the basic structure of the game, all of Link's basic items and how they worked, and basically worked as a microcosm of the entire game. with ToTK though, so much is still a mystery and the artbook leak has mostly just added more questions. I get that they're confident in this gameplay now and don't feel the need to do a big demonstration to sell people on the concept of open world Zelda, but it really feels like there's way more to this game than Nintendo is letting on

Augus fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 20, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Augus posted:

it's crazy how nintendo is holding their cards so close to their chest with this game, three months from release. Nine months before BoTW came out we had the huge treehouse showcase which showed us the basic structure of the game, all of Link's basic items and how they worked, and basically worked as a microcosm of the entire game. with ToTK though, so much is still a mystery and the artbook leak has mostly just added more questions. I get that they're confident in this gameplay now and don't feel the need to do a big demonstration to sell people on the concept of open world Zelda, but drat it really feels like they're hiding something huge from us

they know we're crack whores. all they have to do is say "zelda is out on this date" with no footage at all and we would buy it.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Augus posted:

it's crazy how nintendo is holding their cards so close to their chest with this game, three months from release. Nine months before BoTW came out we had the huge treehouse showcase which showed us the basic structure of the game, all of Link's basic items and how they worked, and basically worked as a microcosm of the entire game. with ToTK though, so much is still a mystery and the artbook leak has mostly just added more questions. I get that they're confident in this gameplay now and don't feel the need to do a big demonstration to sell people on the concept of open world Zelda, but it really feels like there's way more to this game than Nintendo is letting on

It’s actually insane to me that the big reveal of the last trailer was vehicle creation and there’s not even a single mention of it in this art book, minus a single hot air balloon. The art book shows off a lot of assets and concepts, of course, but i don’t think anyone should be worried that it’s spoiled, like, the game.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Vikar Jerome posted:

they know we're crack whores. all they have to do is say "zelda is out on this date" with no footage at all and we would buy it.

they're right, i pre-ordered as soon as i could.

looked through the artbook, coolest 2 things I saw: frog version lord of the mountain and some kind of feathered flying suit.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Augus posted:

To be fair, as much as BoTW had a blowout of info, they still withheld a LOT. Like I don’t think they showed off any of the towns and villages for example.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

To be fair, as much as BoTW had a blowout of info, they still withheld a LOT. Like I don’t think they showed off any of the towns and villages for example.

IIRC for a while it wasn't clear if there would even be any towns or villages

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Yeah, I’m expecting a similar blowout to BOTW, where 4chan leaks a ton of stuff a week before release. I remember learning about the dragons, blood moons and Lyonels this way, which was extremely cool at the time. It felt like there was an entirely unexplored world to discover.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I remember playing botw a week before release because it was already sitting on Nintendo's servers and in those days you just pirated directly from Nintendo

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Kassad posted:

IIRC for a while it wasn't clear if there would even be any towns or villages

The last big trailer showed Gerudo Town, for sure.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

The last big trailer showed Gerudo Town, for sure.

Yeah, it was more back in 2016 when they only showed gameplay on the Great Plateau and it wasn't clear if the entire game was going to be like that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I remember playing botw a week before release because it was already sitting on Nintendo's servers and in those days you just pirated directly from Nintendo

I did the same with Skyward Sword but that was a mom and pop shop leak. By the time my copy of the game came in I finished it. lol

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

we still don't know what that thing on Link's Belt even does, even tho it has a picture in the art book

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm actually glad Nintendo isn't showing much off, too many trailers overplay their hand and show major spoilers.

Besides, its a new Zelda, they could have shown nothing but the logo and people would have pre-ordered it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Some good av material in this Japanese strategy guide for the original LoZ

https://archive.org/details/zelda_guide_loz_ikeda/page/14/mode/1up

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

lmao what. they were really cooking with that wiiu huh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Antonymous posted:

we still don't know what that thing on Link's Belt even does, even tho it has a picture in the art book

i think its a building power source, you can see him using something similar on the big car bit in the last trailer as the steering wheel, i bet its a resource management thing for building. or it holds the tears of the kingdom. which are the resource management for building poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao what. they were really cooking with that wiiu huh

It was the same with the Wii and 3DS, things only changed when the Switch came around and even then...

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

i have a friend who's a nurse who has a modded switch. She has said she will never pay for games, (and just wouldn't play them if they didn't show up on her switch). She has a hacker friend who's set it up to remotely send games to her switch. So she got a switch from her boyfriend once, and has played all the big hits for free. She loves playing the games, and just asks the hacker friend to send them over, and it just works. I won't do it, but I can't say i'm not impressed it appears to be that easy.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

its only easy on launch switches last i heard. i might do it to my launch unit once switch is "dead" i did it to the wii and it owns as a little emu box that runs my GC discs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Finally time to start up Minish Cap. I got a nice surprise, I was ready to pay money for it but apparently the expansion pass was what I'd already paid for back when the Mario Kart 8 extra tracks started coming out, I'd forgotten that wasn't a MK-specific thing. :homebrew:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Khanstant posted:

I felt so sad as a kid after finishing the dungeon inside the great deku tree, I know I didn't kill him, but still I think it might've been the first time I like empathized with a character only to watch them die shortly after helping then. Then there's a melancholy scene when leaving the forest first time, and you say a goodbye to Saria.

To that tree, I said "Good riddance !" :colbert:

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

MokBa posted:

Every Amiibo card scanned three times and this is all I've gotten. I'd care more if only the classic outfits weren't such a huge pain to upgrade.

Some of the rewards won't spawn until you've beaten one or two divine beasts, IIRC? or else it's "completed plateau" to get stuff that isn't really low tier and "one beast defeated" to get the actual good stuff?

EDIT: The breakpoints are indeed "Paraglider Get" and "First Divine Beast cleared." Before the first you'll mostly get Traveler's and Rusty-grade items, tho apparently a couple of links can drop Soldier's gear, the Guardian can drop basic Guardian gear, and the Bokoblin can drop basic and spiked Boko gear. Paraglider unlocks Soldier and Knight series, plus the basic forms of the thematic gear from the champion amiibos, and a little bit of exclusive stuff, including horse, horse gear and the wind waker boomerang. Most of the rest of the stuff you actually want is "not until first divine beast clear," except that I think the helmets from the four champion amiibos require the respective divine beast clear?

Apparently materials drops and elemental arrows are less restricted?

The Golux fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 22, 2023

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You can only get one clothing item per set each calendar day. (Not an in game day.) Scan the amiibo or card and if it doesn’t drop reload a save and try again.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Oh yeah, most clothing is also unrestricted (as in, can drop before paraglider).

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LionArcher posted:

i have a friend who's a nurse who has a modded switch. She has said she will never pay for games, (and just wouldn't play them if they didn't show up on her switch). She has a hacker friend who's set it up to remotely send games to her switch. So she got a switch from her boyfriend once, and has played all the big hits for free. She loves playing the games, and just asks the hacker friend to send them over, and it just works. I won't do it, but I can't say i'm not impressed it appears to be that easy.

I remember feeling like a hero this one summer after I had left for college, gave my little sisters r4s filled with games for their DSs. they were not expecting to have so many games on one little cart. Like a year later mom calls me asking how to set it up and gets the games after she bought her own, I was at work or class and by the time I could walk her through it one of my sisters did, she had already figured that out to get new games on it herself since I had given them it. Sharing is caring.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I am thoroughly enjoying my playthrough of BotW. I always raid the castle first thing but this time I'm avoiding that because I want to go in with full gear and really make it a climax.

That said, wow I hate the shrine in the desert where you put the balls in front of the correct statues. Very hard to find all the spheres and even harder to find the corresponding symbols. It doesn't help that I also haven't gotten the gerudo gear so I can't handle the desert heat lol. But that last one is on me.

I seriously can't wait for TotK. I might also finally give AoC a proper chance. I didn't get too far into it when I first tried it and it might be fun to experience once.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I started AoC last night. I only did the first couple battles but it was fun to see how they put the BotW structure and vibe into the format as much as they could.

Feel like they didn't need to follow the pattern of really dumb 'sidequests' that are just having certain materials on hand though.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

If you’re not put off by the gameplay of AOC I highly recommend playing it all the way through just for the cutscenes, some of the best in the franchise imo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I keep meaning to just do the cutscenes on youtube, the demo really hammered home that the gameplay's just not for me, but I'm still interested in the story.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Waiting for ToTK like
https://twitter.com/smaho_neko/status/1630054756885610496?s=46&t=H8KEHLLk0nOuHQlM_sPhxw

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m waiting for the port of AoC for the Switch successor when it can finally run at a consistent framerate

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MokBa posted:

I am thoroughly enjoying my playthrough of BotW. I always raid the castle first thing but this time I'm avoiding that because I want to go in with full gear and really make it a climax.

That said, wow I hate the shrine in the desert where you put the balls in front of the correct statues. Very hard to find all the spheres and even harder to find the corresponding symbols. It doesn't help that I also haven't gotten the gerudo gear so I can't handle the desert heat lol. But that last one is on me.

I seriously can't wait for TotK. I might also finally give AoC a proper chance. I didn't get too far into it when I first tried it and it might be fun to experience once.

I google the solutions for all the puzzle shrines on replays cause I’ve already solved it the right way once and can’t be hosed to do it again.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

I would never do that. Zelda are puzzle games first and foremost. The fun for me is in the puzzling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

MokBa posted:

Last playthrough I wanted to attack Ganon with Master Sword, Wild Outfit, and Hylian Shield, the Link Classic. However, I forgot how stupid the little shorts in the Wild Outfit look, so I wore the Hylian Pants instead.