Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don’t think the stones need a nerf, it’s still a fairly weak deck overall, this just makes it so Thanos is more usable if you haven’t managed to get out all 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

AzureFlame posted:

For Thanos they also added animations at the start of the game of the gems entering your deck. It's one by one, kind of jank, and takes too long.

Honestly, they should do something similar with Agatha. You can gain information on your opponent by checking how many cards they have in their opening hand and deck before they even play any cards.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I don’t think the stones need a nerf, it’s still a fairly weak deck overall, this just makes it so Thanos is more usable if you haven’t managed to get out all 6

It is not a weak deck. The refined versions are starting to show up on tier 1 lists.

Edit: also, Hit Monkey is the next Season Pass card, and he is going to be a huge boost to any deck that can play a lot of cards in one turn.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Opopanax posted:

It's been climbing the meta ladder steadily as people refine the Lockjaw list and this will be a reasonable bump. It also won the largest organized tournament which used battle mode and is pretty solid backup of its strength and consistency.

That said, I wish they had held off on buffing Thanos until I have him unlocked :argh:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Holy poo poo.

There's an April Fools bundle coming that gives you a Rock, like, the in-game card Rock, for you collection. Also the title "I got a rock."

I'm gonna have to buy that.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Double holy poo poo. START STOCK PILING YOUR GOLD

The revealed bundles coming in march include a slew of token bundles: https://marvelsnapzone.com/marvel-snap-upcoming-bundles/

Like, 400-700 gold for 400-700 tokens, week after week.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

February 28 – March 1: March 2023 Token Tuesday
March 1 – March 4: More Magic
March 1 – March 9: Momoko Magic
March 7 – March 8: March 2023 Token Tuesday
March 9 – March 16: Rivalry Week
March 14 – March 15: March 2023 Token Tuesday
March 16 – March 25: Mutant Masterpiece
March 16 – March 20: March 2023 Special Offer
March 21 – March 22: March 2023 Token Tuesday
March 25 – March 27: March 2023 Weekend
March 27 – March 28: March 2023 Daily
March 28 – March 29: March 2023 Daily
March 29 – March 30: March 2023 Daily
March 30 – March 31: March 2023 Daily
March 31 – April 1: March 2023 Daily

:lol: so the only way to catch up in the game will be to bust out the credit card

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Well, most of them will be offered for gold, which you can save up through play.

From a quick skim, it looks there'll be about 4,000 tokens on offer for an equivalent amount of gold. 6,000 tokens if you include the bundles with cosmetics and boosts and poo poo, but obviously, those'll cost a lot more.

That chance to turn gold into tokens 1:1 is pretty dang good, and that's a decent volume of them. Every other bundle up to this point was a 1:0.5 gold-to-token conversion, or worse.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im sure ill be corrected here but snapping on gimmicky locations like weirdworld, district x, tva, mindswap, lamentis seems like a really good way to earn 1 cube instead of 2

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

the_american_dream posted:

Im sure ill be corrected here but snapping on gimmicky locations like weirdworld, district x, tva, mindswap, lamentis seems like a really good way to earn 1 cube instead of 2

Yeah if you’re playing a boring rear end lameo

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

Well, most of them will be offered for gold, which you can save up through play.

From a quick skim, it looks there'll be about 4,000 tokens on offer for an equivalent amount of gold. 6,000 tokens if you include the bundles with cosmetics and boosts and poo poo, but obviously, those'll cost a lot more.

That chance to turn gold into tokens 1:1 is pretty dang good, and that's a decent volume of them. Every other bundle up to this point was a 1:0.5 gold-to-token conversion, or worse.

I don't play enough to know, but the bottleneck in the game is tokens?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Skippy McPants posted:

thats good because i was having some serious CL 600 anxiety as my credits climb closer to the cap and i was stressing about buying the deadpool bundle and pushing it even closer

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

obi_ant posted:

They give out the tokens at a glacial pace. I feel like I'm getting 100 tokens every 60 levels or so. I'm at collection level 2,400 at the moment.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

thats good because i was having some serious CL 600 anxiety as my credits climb closer to the cap and i was stressing about buying the deadpool bundle and pushing it even closer

What's special about level 600?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

100 per 48 levels (2200 credits)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

obi_ant posted:

It's the bottleneck that comes after S3 completion. Once you're out to S3 cards to unlock, Tokens are basically the only way to get new cards. S4 are a 1-in-40 chance from reserves, and S5 are 1-in-400.

Edit: also, as Chainclaw pointed out, if you're not S3 complete, you basically don't get tokens from reserves. So buying them is the only way for S3 players to use the shop.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You could just go over CL 600!

But yes, it looks like you can skip the Deadpool bundle and still have plenty of tokens to buy next month.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Chainclaw posted:

What's special about level 600?

Players below CL 600 are in a matchmaking kiddie pool, so it's a lot easier to get Infinate if you stay below that threshold.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Players below CL 600 are in a matchmaking kiddie pool, so it's a lot easier to get Infinate if you stay below that threshold.

Ah that seems stupid. The higher level cards are more fun to play with.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hm my gold hoarding is paying off now, yay. Might go for the tokens directly over that birthpool bundle. Will wait to see some numbers crunched on the values..

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Chainclaw posted:

i agree but also i will have like 8 hodge podge s3 cards and after 600 ill be playing with people that could have all of them plus s4 and s5 stuff. i just want one more infinite season before i take the plunge

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Chainclaw posted:

Well, it is an easy 500g for Rank 90, and until you're credit capped (10k credits), there's no progression downside. From a pure optimization standpoint hovering at CL ~550 for a month or two is ideal.

I didn't have the patiences for that, personally.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How many times can you split a card before it's at max?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm only at CL 360 or so right now and I'm super worried about progression. It's getting to the point where upgrading my cards is getting expensive and I know it's only going to get harder, so what am I supposed to do?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Youremother posted:

I'm only at CL 360 or so right now and I'm super worried about progression. It's getting to the point where upgrading my cards is getting expensive and I know it's only going to get harder, so what am I supposed to do?

play more

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Skippy McPants posted:

I didn't have the patiences for that, personally.

Neither did I. I jumped right in a took a beating for a season or so. I'm pretty good at spotting good decks as they play, but also developed a lingering resentment for the game as I got pounded over and over again by decks made of cards I didn't have. I know conventional wisdom in this thread says that's they way to go (get your rear end beat and learn), but it's really not fun at all.

On the other hand, sandbagging and playing with against the same pool of cards isn't much fun either. I think they will have to tweak the matchmaking to accommodate the growing gulf between top and bottom once you've crossed into that 600+ level. I know it's been discussed to death in this thread, but I'm sure they are working on it.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Youremother posted:

If you're talking about boosters, then yeah, play more. Card Boosters are not the hurdle the seem at the start, and you will soon have more than you know what to do with. Exampled: I'm at CL ~4500 and I have 200+ cards in my collection waiting for upgrades.

Credits are the game's first big bottleneck.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love Poker Face, it’s old fashioned tv in the best way possible.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Skippy McPants posted:

If you're talking about boosters, then yeah, play more. Card Boosters are not the hurdle the seem at the start, and you will soon have more than you know what to do with. Exampled: I'm at CL ~4500 and I have 200+ cards in my collection waiting for upgrades.

Credits are the game's first big bottleneck.

I am playing a lot and getting plenty of boosters, it's credits that are the bottleneck for me. I get like what, 300 creds a day from dailies? Most of my cards are at rare level and it takes eight CL to get a new card, so I get a new card every two days or so where I'm at and that's only going to slow down the closer I get to Pool 3.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Youremother posted:

I am playing a lot and getting plenty of boosters, it's credits that are the bottleneck for me. I get like what, 300 creds a day from dailies? Most of my cards are at rare level and it takes eight CL to get a new card, so I get a new card every two days or so where I'm at and that's only going to slow down the closer I get to Pool 3.

Yeah that's by design, and card acquisition will only slow down more as you go on. You do get some big chunks of credits from the season pass (even the free version) and from the weekly mission milestones, and dailies add up to 450 a day. You'll always have many, many more boosters than you have credits.

Speaking of, by the way, cool new change in the patch I didn't see anyone mention -- boosters are 2x as likely to go to cards in your deck that currently need boosters to get upgraded.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

priznat posted:

I love Poker Face, it’s old fashioned tv in the best way possible.

Hell yeah!

I'm actually to the point I need more boosters but it's just so I can level my Devil Dino more.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Youremother posted:

dailies and season passes are your best bang for buck in terms of getting more credits. then using your gold either for cheaper bundles, buying missions or straight buying credits are the next best

I started end of Nov and only have like 20 pool 3 cards left to get and I'm mostly f2p

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Youremother posted:

Okay, yeah, that is how it goes. Once you are into Pool 3 expect to unlock ~12 cards per month if you're buying the season pass and nothing else. That's just the rate of progress once you're through the initial "first ones free" hit of P1/2 progression.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Youremother posted:

it's 500 (3x 50 from normal missions + 3x 100 from hard missions + 50 free credits from store) minimum, which equates to 10 CL (a bit more once you factor-in the discounted uncommon upgrades, but 50/lvl is what you can count on) plus more from weeklies/if you spend gold to get extra missions

it definitely slows down quite a bit once you get to pool 3+ (and progression won't necessarily be steady on a day-to-day basis depending on how levels/boosters/etc. are falling out) but overall you'll make steady progress if you keep playing, and the nature of the game makes each acquisition significant (though obviously you're a lot happier when you pull a deck-defining card vs. something like Quake)

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 21, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Hell yeah!

I'm actually to the point I need more boosters but it's just so I can level my Devil Dino more.

Dammit I did it again! I swear the awful app is fuckin with me

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm not going to spend a penny on this game if it kills me so I know I'm going to deal with the hell grind. Thanks for all the tips everyone.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Skippy McPants posted:

Holy poo poo.

There's an April Fools bundle coming that gives you a Rock, like, the in-game card Rock, for you collection. Also the title "I got a rock."

I'm gonna have to buy that.

I was just thinking I would honestly pay good money for a Token Variant pack. Rocks, Squirrels, Ultrons, Dooms, etc.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
trip report: they changed something about pre-600 CL because im suddenly fighting post 600 decks now at 578

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It'll take that as good news since it shows they're at least aware that matchmaking has holes big enough to fly a truck through.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I think the best solution is just splitting pool 3. it's such a wide net and a lot of people hit that wall post 600. so smoothing out the ramp to op bullshit decks would help a lot of the good will of the game

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If we think the pools 1 and 2 experiences are good then it would make sense to design a pool 2.5 that is as good an experience and have it last to 1000CL. I don't hate the concept of pool 3 but it contains lockjaws (essential cards) as well as jane fosters (optionals that require other pool 3 enablers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
im still beating them with the most basic of ongoing decks ft. electro but still