Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i called him a deadbeat dad rworded fword on twitter and got permasuspended

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You do not actually have Elon's permission to say what you will about him, dude will have you banned on the flimsiest of pretenses.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Chinatown posted:

i called him a deadbeat dad rworded fword on twitter and got permasuspended

:69snypa:

You’d get the same treatment here, and rightfully so.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Icon Of Sin posted:

You’d get the same treatment here, and rightfully so.

speaking straight facts shouldnt be a bannable offense though

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Chinatown posted:

so you just compared my son who has a learning disability, and my daughter who is gay, to Elon musk then, cheers thanks a lot.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Non profits usually have the aim of helping society you stupid pillock

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Forums Favorite Derek Smart in the replies

Unrelated question - I subscribed to the Block The Blue blocklist but I see a lot of blue in Elon's replies, does that mean they're not added to the blocklist yet?

I'll have to go Block On Sight

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Forums Favorite Derek Smart in the replies

Unrelated question - I subscribed to the Block The Blue blocklist but I see a lot of blue in Elon's replies, does that mean they're not added to the blocklist yet?

I'll have to go Block On Sight

You'd think Elon would be used to disappointment after public unveilings by now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the block bot has to add users to your blocklist one at a time so it takes a while to import all 200k+ users on the twitter blue list

i subscribed a few days ago and it's only imported about 4k to my account so far

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Firstly, he's been teasing open source algorithms for a while now.

Secondly, I'm really not sure how making them open source is going to do anything but make it easy for bots and scammers to abuse the gently caress out of them

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What was the cost of curing hunger and homelessness in the USA?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Holy poo poo this has very strong Soccer Practice vibes

edit: In case you never saw it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rex1ub5VJo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

Firstly, he's been teasing open source algorithms for a while now.

Secondly, I'm really not sure how making them open source is going to do anything but make it easy for bots and scammers to abuse the gently caress out of them

It's how he gets to crowdsource the "find the hidden leftist code" effort and not have to admit he's not smart enough to have found it himself

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Data Graham posted:

It's how he gets to crowdsource the "find the hidden leftist code" effort and not have to admit he's not smart enough to have found it himself

Mr vox peepee vox doodoo would do basically anything to not admit left leaning stuff is simply more popular due to there being more left leaning people, and that's all the algorithm is reflecting.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Data Graham posted:

It's left_pad in the npm files.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

no matter which date format this is , this pretty great.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Holy poo poo this has very strong Soccer Practice vibes

edit: In case you never saw it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rex1ub5VJo

Soccer practice vid rules

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

so you just compared my son who has a learning disability, and my daughter who is gay, to Elon musk then, cheers thanks a lot.

my bad

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Such a successful business model that noted business knower Mark Zuckerberg is now bringing the "pay me $12 for a useless verification checkmark" to """"Meta"""".

Just proves that tech CEOs are among the dumbest people in our society.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1628127415074492438

the help desk is open again

I'm sure once ~tHe AlGoRiThImS~ are open source, there will be no more whining from conservatives about being suppressed

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
New comedy option: twitter engineers just made Elon's account add a few zeroes to any view count he sees.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Elon sure looks like a boss that would be easily gamed but i dunno if it would be worth putting up with his tantrums.

Buddy_Cthulhu
Jun 10, 2005

If they actually go through with it, I hope the git history is intact. The commit comments from the last few months must be absolute gold.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

goatface posted:

New comedy option: twitter engineers just made Elon's account add a few zeroes to any view count he sees.

No, it's real (or at least broken in an no exclusive to Elon way).

My guess is the chuds just found a new way to get boosted by using the World's Most Pathetic Man

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Prettz posted:

that sounds like a lot of effort. if you want to look at a video that's questionable or might mess up recommendations, just watch it in a private window.

This was before I figured out how to turn off the "hover over to play videos" setting, which is a bad thing if you accidentally hover over something due to an emergency bathroom bugout :lol:

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

i want to play Guess Who? with elon just out of the morbid curiosity of how the gently caress he'd try to "4-D Chess" his way through it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRlbNOno5VA

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
elon should open source his bank account, specifically the account and routing numbers

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

I'm sure once ~tHe AlGoRiThImS~ are open source, there will be no more whining from conservatives about being suppressed

They’re all going into it expecting to find “if {strong_conservative_voice > 0}
shadowban=true;
canceled = true;
endif;”
And get totally confused by the reality of what an algorithm actually is and then yell some more about how the left is trying to obfuscate the truth in coded language or something.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Hotfix: Police cars are no longer able to be identified as enemy cars.

The toggles for firetrucks and ambulances remain available.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Butcher posted:

Hotfix: Police cars are no longer able to be identified as enemy cars.

The toggles for firetrucks and ambulances remain available.

Fire trucks will always be the enemy for a Tesla. Their natural state is on fire, and fire trucks always arrive to try and stop them from becoming the glorious inferno they always knew was bottled up within.

Even if the fire truck doesn’t put out the Tesla, it spits out people that steal the Tesla’s hard-earned meal of man-flesh from the raging inferno it is destined to become.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Steadiman posted:

They’re all going into it expecting to find “if {strong_conservative_voice > 0}
shadowban=true;
canceled = true;
endif;”
And get totally confused by the reality of what an algorithm actually is and then yell some more about how the left is trying to obfuscate the truth in coded language or something.

If only someone who programmed in C in the 90s could decipher it for them

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1628127415074492438

the help desk is open again

Sounds like Elon is admitting to being a net negative to peoples Twitter.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Icon Of Sin posted:

Fire trucks will always be the enemy for a Tesla. Their natural state is on fire, and fire trucks always arrive to try and stop them from becoming the glorious inferno they always knew was bottled up within.

Even if the fire truck doesn’t put out the Tesla, it spits out people that steal the Tesla’s hard-earned meal of man-flesh from the raging inferno it is destined to become.

In a battle of Fire Truck vs Tesla, Fire Truck wins easily

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

thathonkey posted:

elon should open source his bank account, specifically the account and routing numbers

That reminds me, has he even said anything lately about those plans to turn Twitter into a payment processor, or did his interest wander away to all this other stuff to gently caress with?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

kazil posted:

In a battle of Fire Truck vs Tesla, Fire Truck wins easily

One to one, yes. But teslas are a crafty bunch, and much like orcas or wolves will soon hunt in packs to bring down the larger solitary vehicle.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Captain Hygiene posted:

That reminds me, has he even said anything lately about those plans to turn Twitter into a payment processor, or did his interest wander away to all this other stuff to gently caress with?

His attention is diffuse and reactionary, he’ll circle back to that after he’s hosed six other metaphorical pies and two literal ones

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Chinatown posted:

If you are going to say those are straight facts, I'd be more than happy to issue you a mod challenge where I require you to write anannotated summary Where you attempt to justify the language you are saying is "Straight facts".

Care to revise your statement?

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
:munch:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Help the algorithm is being mean to me after I used easily avoidable slurs

and then doubled down