Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

QFT if anything she should be made an admin

Seth is a creep who is desperately Horny for the other female mods, probing him is an act of mercy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cuttlefush posted:

nhd gently caress off

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

nhd gently caress off

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
btw did azathot say anything about abdicating his throne

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

terrible probe, seth does not need his honor defended in cspam

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

however i am remembering this incredible post so whos to say if seth is bad or not

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So now that this has been resolved, I do have a question about the OP that's been weighing on me since you posted your last thread. I want to say that I realize as a mod there's going to be the inevitable comments and such, which I know are coming and resigned myself to.

I need to preface this by saying I like anime. I watch it (Attack on Titan and Spy x Family right now, finished Psycho Pass Season 1 a while back). It's something to watch when I'm bored or I just need to veg out for a while. When I saw your username and profile pic, I was like "Wonder what anime it is" and googled your username. OP, I absolutely wish I hadn't because my life was richer and fuller before I found out.

I guess this brings me to this question: out of all the anime characters out there that you could have chosen from all the animes that exist in the world, is there a particular reason you chose the one who continually rapes his underage sister and is part of the plotline of the entire show?

According to the wikis that I read, at least: https://utena.fandom.com/wiki/Akio_Ohtori

From another wiki: https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Akio_Ohtori

Under this wiki, his hobbies are listed as "seducing women" and "sexually abusing his sister".

The 14 year old sister in question: https://utena.fandom.com/wiki/Anthy_Himemiya

I could be absolutely wrong! Maybe I looked up the websites of two people who hate the show and are trying to destroy it for whatever reason. If I am, I absolutely and sincerely apologize and retract anything I said here. Or maybe I totally misread it. I've been known to misunderstand things occasionally.

If not, I mean, were there other characters you could have used? I'm sure these two are not the only characters in the entire anime. I didn't know what this anime was and now I know what to avoid in the future. Even if you want to go with the argument "she's an immortal witch and not really 14" (I have no idea if this is true or not) you still have the problem that part of the plot of your avatar is the continual rape of his sister, which, not cool!

So that's my question to you, I suppose. I'm curious about your answer. I'd also like to point out that I'm not picking on you personally, but the forums have had a fraught history with underage anime poo poo and uh, probably not good to add to that.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

500 good dogs posted:

Lmfao it was like 2 lines long, I got nothing out of it, no idea how to read it

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
nhd would be more at home in gbs

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
or a hot car

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
ah there it is thanks kirb

Azathoth posted:

Probably best if I step in and say that yeah, everything is fine. Life has just gotten incredibly busy and isn't slowing down anytime soon, so I thought it was a good time to step away. I've had to draw back from reading a lot of faster threads these last few months, this one included, just because I haven't had the time, and that's a recipe for bad decision-making if I don't have time to read and mod.

Also, it's good to normalize stepping down before burning out. That was something I told myself when I started that I was gonna do, and I'm glad that I stuck to that. As much as I'm sure everyone would enjoy a good meltdown, you're all just gonna have to live with disappointment.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tristeham posted:

nhd would be more at home in gbs

:hai:

Cuttlefush posted:

or a hot car

lmfao

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
but we let him out just in time and repeat until he's loyal to us instead of the big wigs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

500 good dogs posted:

he has aids

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Lmfao it was like 2 lines long, I got nothing out of it, no idea how to read it

I'm not sure what more there is to say. There's no behind the scenes forums drama behind it, if that's what you mean. I've just had a lot of life stuff happen since I became a mod/admin and forums stuff was competing for time with RL stuff. Basically I had to make a choice between either offline poo poo or forums poo poo, and I chose offline poo poo.

And so rather than trying to burn the candle at both ends and burn out, I took a step back and made the conscious decision to deprive everyone here of what would have been a spectacular meltdown. I wish I had the time to do this and offline poo poo, because I really did enjoy my time overall as a mod and admin, but that's just not in the cards.

I've only posted when people start speculating about there being something more than what I've said, as I'd prefer to not have dumb rumors floating around about me.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

QFT if anything she should be made an admin

Seth is a creep who is desperately Horny for the other female mods, probing him is an act of mercy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

what was this probe for?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Azathoth posted:

I'm not sure what more there is to say. There's no behind the scenes forums drama behind it, if that's what you mean. I've just had a lot of life stuff happen since I became a mod/admin and forums stuff was competing for time with RL stuff. Basically I had to make a choice between either offline poo poo or forums poo poo, and I chose offline poo poo.

And so rather than trying to burn the candle at both ends and burn out, I took a step back and made the conscious decision to deprive everyone here of what would have been a spectacular meltdown. I wish I had the time to do this and offline poo poo, because I really did enjoy my time overall as a mod and admin, but that's just not in the cards.

I've only posted when people start speculating about there being something more than what I've said, as I'd prefer to not have dumb rumors floating around about me.

can i be admin

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!

Jose posted:

what about white genocide

been in development hell for years, its never coming out

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Azathoth posted:

genuinely glad you didn't melt down. nobody can liquidate a deviantart thread unharmed. hope it doesn't haunt you. becoming a mod or unbecoming a mod should be a normal thing and frequent rotations would probably help people from getting too weird in one way or the other. hope your real life is doing well.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I’m going to start rumors about azatoth. I hear he and smythe got a little too heated (iykwim) and one of ‘em had to go

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Azathoth posted:

This is all cover for a forums putsch by putin to continue to wage war on Ukraine through the SA front.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
despite decades of research and funding, nobody has figured out how to actually kill whitey (common phrase, not actionable)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

I’m going to start rumors about azatoth. I hear he and smythe got a little too heated (iykwim) and one of ‘em had to go

lol i typed up a story about how smythe got mad at azathoth over the bjork interview (he loved her) but deleted it. shouldnt have though

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

lobster shirt posted:

however i am remembering this incredible post so whos to say if seth is bad or not

Did they grow seth in a lab somewhere, perfect mod brain?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
wait a minute. is hitler where ‘screwed the pooch’ is from

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!
lol @ complaining that you didnt get enough background and detail on a mod stepping down

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Homeless Friend posted:

wait a minute. is hitler where ‘screwed the pooch’ is from

i dont think so but "screwed the pooch" apparently came from "hosed the dog" in the '30s in North America. and something about selling the puppies? wouldnt have guessed.

lmao at google just obliterating a simple search query though

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Was the title always "CSPAM poser?" I could have sworn it was poster at one point. Talk about being gaslit by the Mandela effect in hellworld/

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
you sure you want all the rest of the words you typed? i found hitler and nothing else. good enough right?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

i dont think so but "screwed the pooch" apparently came from "hosed the dog" in the '30s in North America. and something about selling the puppies? wouldnt have guessed.

lmao at google just obliterating a simple search query though

We must screw the existence of our pooch and a future for pooch children

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
search history and everything turned off btw. absolutely pure result

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

We must screw the existence of our pooch and a future for pooch children

morally inept T_T

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

what was this probe for?

CODChimera posted:

seems like a pretty clear cut case of abusing the buttons

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

genuinely glad you didn't melt down. nobody can liquidate a deviantart thread unharmed. hope it doesn't haunt you. becoming a mod or unbecoming a mod should be a normal thing and frequent rotations would probably help people from getting too weird in one way or the other. hope your real life is doing well.

yeah, the life stuff has gotten hectic and stressful but like, not in a bad way. id rather not talk about specifics but it just means that i have a lot less free time than when i signed up for it.

rather than become absentee or try to push through it and burn out, i stepped away, exactly for the reason you say. mods and admins changing out should be boring and id counselled mods that if they don't have time or feel like they're burning out they should step away, and who would I be if I didn't take my own advice?

sorry to disappoint everyone that there's not more to this than boring nonforums stuff.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

lol i typed up a story about how smythe got mad at azathoth over the bjork interview (he loved her) but deleted it. shouldnt have though

did smythe say something bad about bjork? *cracks knuckles ominously*

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

croup coughfield posted:

lol @ complaining that you didnt get enough background and detail on a mod stepping down

I figured people would eventually ask and I only just don't want people to spin up weird tales of drama or whatever that I then have to address in an unrelated thread in a couple years as the game of goon telephone makes up that I quit because I tried to close C-SPAM at midnight and Jeff pulled my buttons because of it.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Azathoth posted:

did smythe say something bad about bjork? *cracks knuckles ominously*

i think he'd be the one defending bjork from spacehost

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

croup coughfield posted:

its good, probably the best kind of mod/admin stepdown

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

I quit because I tried to close C-SPAM at midnight and Jeff pulled my buttons because of it.

Oh wow just hearing about this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you should have gassed the trump thread before you left, that would have led to some cincredible meltdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Terminal autist posted:

Im gonna make the red-brown alliance real

yes it's real, and it's incredible