Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Genesplicer posted:

If you are going to say those are straight facts, I'd be more than happy to issue you a mod challenge where I require you to write anannotated summary Where you attempt to justify the language you are saying is "Straight facts".

Care to revise your statement?

Oh for gently caress's sake, either punish him or don't.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don't even own a regular mine :(

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Can't do my job as a mod without writing a tough guy speech first. That's the most important thing.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
*3 page rapsheet of slurs*

hmm yes 1 more probe should do it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Can't do my job as a mod without writing a tough guy speech first. That's the most important thing.

First time?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Genesplicer posted:

If you are going to say those are straight facts, I'd be more than happy to issue you a mod challenge where I require you to write anannotated summary Where you attempt to justify the language you are saying is "Straight facts".

You don't have to give homophobes a chance to revise their homophobic statements, especially when they have a history of homophobia and have bragged about this same thing in this very thread in the past

Chinatown posted:

called @elon a "retarded human being"

was suspended within 10 minutes

i appealed

was un-suspended within 10 minutes of appeal.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
e: poo poo i was wrong, nevermind

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jose Valasquez posted:

You don't have to give homophobes a chance to revise their homophobic statements, especially when they have a history of homophobia and have bragged about this same thing in this very thread in the past

No, it's important for me as a mod to establish a dominance hierarchy over the filthy regular posters by writing the equivalent of a day drunk guy "do you want to step outside and say that" in a dive bar.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The funnier thing is Elon DOESN’T have an intellectual disability and yet continues to make objectively terrible decisions time after time. It’s stunning, really

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
His intellectual disability is Being Elon Musk.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
plz I beg of you good people of gbs stop using Elon Musk and intellectual disability in the same sentence

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

His intellectual disability is Being Elon Musk.

Thankfully it doesn't seem to be hereditary however his siblings/parents/cousins suffer from milder versions of it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

learnincurve posted:

good people of gbs

I feel for you, but this right here was your first mistake.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

wait until he finds out that it's a smaller non-profit than the gates foundation

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
elong wont make the algorithm open source because a billionaire will wither away if they give away something for free

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

kazil posted:

In a battle of Fire Truck vs Tesla, Fire Truck wins easily

The Tesla won that battle. Tower trucks are expensive on a level that dwarfs even the Tesla's obnoxiously overpriced tag. And those poor bastards are going to be stuck for god knows how long until it gets fixed riding in the lovely ancient reserve unit that runs like poo poo and doesn't have working AC.

I mean, sure the Tesla is obliterated beyond all recognition and its occupant is dead, but it's not like the Tesla cares about that

E: I bet that reserve leaks poo poo all over the bay floor, too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

learnincurve posted:

so you just compared my son who has a learning disability, and my daughter who is gay, to Elon musk then, cheers thanks a lot.

Forget it, learnincurve, it's Chinatown.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Genesplicer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9ArM3-KJQ

Edit: sorry for the double post.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

learnincurve posted:

plz I beg of you good people of gbs stop using Elon Musk and intellectual disability in the same sentence

You just did it! Now you'll doom us all!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

FoolyCharged posted:

The Tesla won that battle. Tower trucks are expensive on a level that dwarfs even the Tesla's obnoxiously overpriced tag. And those poor bastards are going to be stuck for god knows how long until it gets fixed riding in the lovely ancient reserve unit that runs like poo poo and doesn't have working AC.

I mean, sure the Tesla is obliterated beyond all recognition and its occupant is dead, but it's not like the Tesla cares about that

E: I bet that reserve leaks poo poo all over the bay floor, too.

It's often harder on the Tesla

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Robo Reagan posted:

elong wont make the algorithm open source because a billionaire will wither away if they give away something for free

On the other hand, it’s Elon. He’d do it if catturd2 suggested it would trigger the woke libs with an “all your algorithms are belong to us” meme

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

say what you will about me, you can't deny i'm a white supremacist lil' stinker 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

No, it's important for me as a mod to establish a dominance hierarchy over the filthy regular posters by writing the equivalent of a day drunk guy "do you want to step outside and say that" in a dive bar.

Punishing this and not the guy posting homophobic garbage repeatedly in the thread is a great way to prove his point

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Jose Valasquez posted:

Punishing this and not the guy posting homophobic garbage repeatedly in the thread is a great way to prove his point

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
There's no way this can go wrong

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1628194926113751040?s=20

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I assumed Elon is making the API open-source so he can get all his fans to crowdsource bugfixes for free and fire more staff.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

It's so obvious! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? he asks, ignoring how much Twitter was throwing at it before

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Jose Valasquez posted:

:haibrower:

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shinjobi posted:

I'm getting mad at not having video games to play in my car

I wanna play witcher 3 and cyberpunk in my manually driven vehicle, this sucks!!!

can you play cyberpunk on a tesla?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I assumed Elon is making the API open-source so he can get all his fans to crowdsource bugfixes for free and fire more staff.

maybe elon thinks that way, but open sourcing something generally leads to more work for the employed staff.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Strong Sauce posted:

maybe elon thinks that way, but open sourcing something generally leads to more work for the employed staff.

What does your heart tell you?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

It's so obvious! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? he asks, ignoring how much Twitter was throwing at it before

And a few days ago the All Hands On Deck, Must Get Done Imperative was Ebaum's view count. Working at that office is becoming like Squid Game: Each week there's a new challenge, and the remaining survivors either complete it successfully or they're eliminated.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 22, 2023

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
You'd think he'd have learnt his lesson after he convinced Grimes to open-source their relationship and ended up alone in an office in SF

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

You'd think he'd have learnt his lesson after he convinced Grimes to open-source their relationship and ended up alone in an office in SF

Lol he's not alone, he has desperate employees stuck there with him.

always there. can't leave.

with Musk.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's gotta be down to just a few days until I check the news only to learn that Elon is holed up in an office with his last remaining programmer, a gun held to their head as he screams at them to "increase engagement" while a timer counts down behind him

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ups_rail posted:

can you play cyberpunk on a tesla?

One more way to melt your car

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Burning_Monk posted:

with Musk.

"you're my polycule now"

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

with Musk.

Can't sleep or Musk'll eat me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

elon MUSK (as in he smells bad)