Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

No droughts or locusts under Capitalism.

Last time: It's not a drought it's the greatest drouth in the nation's history!
This time: the nefarious communist plot is revealed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Uramachi Sakaba

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

midcentury red scare comic has soupçon of legitimate criticism of the USSR (a low bar to clear), but it's just coated in so much McCarthyism as to make those critiques easy to lump into the clownishness of the rest of it

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Peanut Butler posted:

midcentury red scare comic has soupçon of legitimate criticism of the USSR (a low bar to clear), but it's just coated in so much McCarthyism as to make those critiques easy to lump into the clownishness of the rest of it
Also in retrospect it's projecting harder than Stardust.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Peanut Butler posted:

imo it's obviously riffing on the installation of communism in Eastern Europe after WW2, but jumping right in with the premise that before the comic even begins communists control Congress, the media, clubs, trade unions, Hollywood, and all major American cities immediately elevates it into the realm of absurdity.

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
A Softer World still hasn't worked its way through my system, so here's A Softer Whomp with source material chosen almost at random:

I do worry, however, that it may tire of coexisting with such a lifeless individual as myself. You may think it's foolish to worry about an inanimate object having complex negative feelings about me, but when my fish ran away from home, I became ready to accept anything.
https://www.whompcomic.com/comic/in-a-rut-shell

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SimonChris posted:

I just checked, and Stardust the Super Wizard is in the public domain, so what the hell:

Oh no! Not spy mobs! :ohdear:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Honestly, if I was a Grade-A Racketeer I’d probably call it quits when Stardust came to earth. Just not worth the risk, imo.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Snake Maze posted:

Honestly, if I was a Grade-A Racketeer I’d probably call it quits when Stardust came to earth. Just not worth the risk, imo.

Yeah seriously. I'd be listening to the radio and after the first minute of the announcer breathlessly listing his abilities and powers and invulnerabilities I'd just be like "guess I'm going legit now, see you all in hell"

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I've been posting in the CCCC Webcomics thread and just realized this thread is kind of the same thing, so I thought I might post here too.

I've been working on Blasphemous Saga Fantasy for the past 12 years and hope to see it through to the end (ideally, the end is not another 12 years away because holy poo poo). I promise you that whatever you're expecting from the title alone is not what it's like. If you've been following the CCCC thread you've seen this all before, so I apologize if this feels redundant for you but at least you get to see the Slime King again.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

A Softer World still hasn't worked its way through my system, so here's A Softer Whomp with source material chosen almost at random:

I do worry, however, that it may tire of coexisting with such a lifeless individual as myself. You may think it's foolish to worry about an inanimate object having complex negative feelings about me, but when my fish ran away from home, I became ready to accept anything.
https://www.whompcomic.com/comic/in-a-rut-shell

A Softer Whomp. Glorious.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Slime King seems like more of a figurehead monarch

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Comics by R Sikoryak:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hmmyes:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Man, those communists sure are cunning.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

LUCKY HUCKY!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah seriously. I'd be listening to the radio and after the first minute of the announcer breathlessly listing his abilities and powers and invulnerabilities I'd just be like "guess I'm going legit now, see you all in hell"

"poo poo, that guy sounds totally invincible... oh well, back to the regular schedule. We were going to kill the president today..."

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Oh, man, if we're going for insane comics, there's this from the same publishing house that did the Archie comics:

Edit:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

skeleton warrior has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Feb 21, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I mean it's superman. You're not going to get away and he's not going to break your arms for shooting at him or whatever so, you know, why not?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

skeleton warrior posted:

Oh, man, if we're going for insane comics, there's this from the same publishing house that did the Archie comics:

I forget the exact details, but is this from around the time Archie had a weird offshoot into Christian comics? Maybe it was the entire line, but I was thinking they got split off to do that.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I'm built different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMd4S-LkywI

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Splicer posted:

I mean it's superman. You're not going to get away and he's not going to break your arms for shooting at him or whatever so, you know, why not?

I bet bullets that repelled off of Superman sell as collector's items.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Presumably Batman died in that hail of gunfire, though.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Phoenix Flair

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I like how he also diverts the other guy away. He's not going to let a fellow goon walk into a batmanning.

CheeseThief posted:

I bet bullets that repelled off of Supei rman sell as collector's items.
I enjoyed this thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3991158

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

So for people who are just learning about Stardust, this is a panel from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen where they encounter Stardust encased in ice. Stardust's creator, Fletcher Hanks, was a violent alcoholic who terrorized his family and his meanness is all over his comics. The real Hanks froze to death asleep on a park bench.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Last time: the Speaker of the House of Representatives is in the pocket of the communists!
This time: the plan goes into action

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

safe?

thisis safe, thisis warm, thisis loved?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm hereby requesting a mashup of the This Is Fine comic with Together's nonsense instead of fire.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swan Boy

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

I forget the exact details, but is this from around the time Archie had a weird offshoot into Christian comics? Maybe it was the entire line, but I was thinking they got split off to do that.

Yep! That's exactly what this was. Most of their stuff was "peace, love, true hippies love Christ And His Message" but this one was straight out "only by a Christian path shall a society survive" which makes it super weird.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Not sure what was up with previous post and the images showing up as gifv. These should be better.

Boxer Hockey

hoodwinked freaking sucks

copy paste extravaganza

Aha - it's the B&W ones that do the gifv thing. That should be short lived

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Chapter 1
Update 14:
One Million Dollars

-=Author's Notes=-
Making a comic is a lot of work, luckily god invented cigarettes so you always have something to do with a comic characters hands. Thanks God, and Thank you Tobacco Companies.

Chapter 1
Update 15:
Pizza Time

-=Author Notes=-
This is a story telling tactic where you scream the exposition at someone angrily. That way you only have to draw increasingly angry faces, and it seems exciting. I call it Scream-position. (Note, do not actually go with this author's note.)

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Jun 28, 2023

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Ray has a crush on being high pass it on

!

A log cannot be boiling. That is incorrect.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I basically only like comics with extremely elaborate explanations instead of punchlines conducted entirely in shouting so I'm going to post some One Giant Hand

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Don't poo poo on good advice just because of one little mistake, Elroy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you give me advice that good you can call me any fuckin thing

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
No One Giant Hand sampler is complete without these two classics:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Chapter 1
Update 15:
Pizza Time

-=Author Notes=-
This is a story telling tactic where you scream the exposition at someone angrily. That way you only have to draw increasingly angry faces, and it seems exciting. I call it Scream-position. (Note, do not actually go with this author's note.)

let me know if this shows up as blank for you,