Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Post poste posted:

I've been playing Your Chronicle and using the guide linked inside the game on occasion, and it seems to think the Queen Bee summon is very very important, but I've been idling 40+ hours in the Deep of Moon Forest and only seen it six times.

I still have a while to go before reincarnating, but I've trounced the first ending and I'm just kind of puzzled at the low low spawn rates.

This is me but for the Ruins rare spawn. 4 total spawns in 24hr+ of idling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Does the need to min-max gluttony cool off or get an automation eventually? I can see this being more finicky than I care for in an idle game.

You unlock auto-eat automation at 200, 500, and 1000 max satiety. There's probably more later but that's as far as I've gotten. Getting the first two unlocked is a pretty big goal for your first run, since that lets you set something like Milk or Fish you get from a loop action and then whatever you're farming from dungeons like Pork.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I did my first reincarnation in Your Chronicle and took sloth with my first sin point. It's great, but is there better automation later? Paying a priestess like 7 times should be a single event, not something that you can only queue up once and then have manually have to remove the event after each payment.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tricky posted:

You unlock auto-eat automation at 200, 500, and 1000 max satiety. There's probably more later but that's as far as I've gotten. Getting the first two unlocked is a pretty big goal for your first run, since that lets you set something like Milk or Fish you get from a loop action and then whatever you're farming from dungeons like Pork.

I mean more that every DR I need to farm pork, apples, salt, then make a bunch of cooked food, associated wheat/milk/butter/fish, etc. I got the two auto-eats unlocked but its still a lot.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Toshimo posted:

I downloaded Your Chronicle on Steam last night and bounced off the UI hard. It felt weirdly unresponsive and made it hard to see what what was actually happening. Is this just how the whole thing is?

I don't remember it being unresponsive, but I bounced off it because I felt like it was hard to see what affects what with it all buried in tooltips. It makes sense if you consider that it's as much a story path game as an idle/incremental, but there's a learning curve that I didn't really like. The stark UI doesn't really help it's case for me either, and I feel like it's missing useful information because it puts it in other places than is immediately expected.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I mean more that every DR I need to farm pork, apples, salt, then make a bunch of cooked food, associated wheat/milk/butter/fish, etc. I got the two auto-eats unlocked but its still a lot.

No, eventually you won't need to worry so much about gluttony. You'll get a lot stronger through inspiration and sin upgrades, and your options for party members with combat passives will get a lot stronger too.

In general Your Chronicle rewards you for being able to push buttons as often as you can push them. One of the best buttons to be pushing early on is the reincarnate button for sin points. Just having sin gives you more inspiration, and inspiration gives you crucial upgrades such as base stats, habit speed and seed consumption speed. You want to get to where you are dumping inspiration points into the unlimited upgrades for those stats.

Gluttony will always be important especially for pushing onward, in most runs you will probably spend a few DRs cooking up your ATK or MATK stat. But soon enough you should get base stats to where you can kill the demon king without cooking, and at that point you can start chain reincarnating to get your sin cap and inspiration generation up.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The Ninth Layer posted:

No, eventually you won't need to worry so much about gluttony. You'll get a lot stronger through inspiration and sin upgrades, and your options for party members with combat passives will get a lot stronger too.

In general Your Chronicle rewards you for being able to push buttons as often as you can push them. One of the best buttons to be pushing early on is the reincarnate button for sin points. Just having sin gives you more inspiration, and inspiration gives you crucial upgrades such as base stats, habit speed and seed consumption speed. You want to get to where you are dumping inspiration points into the unlimited upgrades for those stats.

Gluttony will always be important especially for pushing onward, in most runs you will probably spend a few DRs cooking up your ATK or MATK stat. But soon enough you should get base stats to where you can kill the demon king without cooking, and at that point you can start chain reincarnating to get your sin cap and inspiration generation up.

This all makes sense, thanks. And I did finally get the silver dragon so right in pace to max that out and reincarnate with 2x sin. I think best plan will be to get Greed and keep 1 sin for the boost.

e: Am I supposed to try a different ending on the 2nd run or just rerun it?

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This all makes sense, thanks. And I did finally get the silver dragon so right in pace to max that out and reincarnate with 2x sin. I think best plan will be to get Greed and keep 1 sin for the boost.

e: Am I supposed to try a different ending on the 2nd run or just rerun it?

your first 5 clears, you get +100 destiny max, +1 destiny regen, 500 rubies, and the fifth gives 1500 rubies, a queue slot, and some blessing regen, so it's worth doing those five, especially since the other endings are some pretty big steps up in difficulty (needing to beat the tournament before killing the boss)

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

I did my first reincarnation in Your Chronicle and took sloth with my first sin point. It's great, but is there better automation later? Paying a priestess like 7 times should be a single event, not something that you can only queue up once and then have manually have to remove the event after each payment.

Sloth is useful for when you want to create a lot of something that has a couple of steps, or when you want to farm a couple of different regions (like for food). You are not really going to be using it for progressing through the story line.

Once you have 2-4 auto eat unlocked, being able to queue up rotating through Dim Cave (for Pork), Sewer-Abyss (for slime Jelly), and maybe Rocky Hill (for Salt) can make your gluttony (and physical attack) grow quickly. There is also a dungeon reset speed bonus for using sloth.

As for the Rare Spawns, the Dev embraced Rare. They have a very low appearance rate, and the rate of each rare spawn drops the further into the game you get. The Tamer Class has a Routine that helps them spawn more. In addition, if you check the bestiary, you will notice that every time you defeat any monster without getting a research drop, the research chance increases. So you will eventually get the research to drop. It’s just that it might take a day or two of farming, especially if your bonuses are low.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

USI: Will two beam lasers both set to avoid overlap both connect to, say, a boss? or should one be set to avoid and the other set to allow overlap?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Kyrosiris posted:

USI: Will two beam lasers both set to avoid overlap both connect to, say, a boss? or should one be set to avoid and the other set to allow overlap?

If there is only one target then weapons set to avoid will still all fire at it. Same if there's two targets between 4 guns. Basically they'll try to pick a different target first and if there isn't one they'll overlap fire based on priority.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 21, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
In USI are the warp core amount upgrades useful?
If they just add another empty core that would only increase the maximum time I can be offline without wasting progress, I think. Not worth the price in that case.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

VictualSquid posted:

If they just add another empty core that would only increase the maximum time I can be offline without wasting progress, I think. Not worth the price in that case.

That's what they do, and there's things that will increase the speed you gain them. There's no reason to have more cores than you will reasonably spend offline. If you are someone that only plays weekends or doesn't play weekends it could be useful.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

VictualSquid posted:

They just add another empty core, so no, not really useful (and even less useful with the AI upgrade that can automatically run warps for you when you're full). The one in the Warp Upgrade tree is okay because you can always get more Warp Essence and it's a needed prerequisite for an actually good upgrade, but the Synth Warp Core upgrade that costs the truly limited resource of Synth Points and isn't a prerequisite for anything is just a cruel trap.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I tried to go back to Dodecadragons but every new feature layer still takes way too long to automate older features. The amount of repetitive mashing "max all" on sigil upgrades you have to do before unlocking automation seems insane.

MattDarling
Apr 25, 2017

Orvin posted:

There is also a dungeon reset speed bonus for using sloth.

I think this stopped being true with the 2.1.0 update. Before that, you could skip the dungeon reset time using sloth. Which was a cheesy exploit that allowed you to farm two bosses with sloth faster than just staying on a single boss.

To make up for it, sloth now starts new dungeons faster than before. So it's not a massive nerf. It's still beneficial to rotate bosses because of the increased cost of eating the same food, there just isn't a speed bonus anymore.

That or there's a new cheese that I haven't learned about :) Entirely possible, I'm lazily farming stuff near endgame rather than trying to optimize now. I'm at 3/5 ED5 and haven't pushed for ED6 yet.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I was referring to the 2.1 (or whatever update). If memory serves, standard reset is like 10 seconds. Using sloth drops that down to like 3 seconds. The dev didn’t want to eliminate the reset bonus from sloth when so many people previous to the update had used it to farm things so quickly. You can always run a sloth queue with just a single zone in it to get the reset bonus (if you have the spare queue spot).

It’s the same reason that once you beat the Demon King once in a respawn, all the help he summons show up below him. It was in response to an exploit that people had been using for a long time to farm stuff using the demon king. Once again, the dev didn’t want to completely eliminate something that would create a huge gap between existing and new players.

MattDarling
Apr 25, 2017
Ahh, okay, I hadn't counted out the standard reset and realized how long it was. Yeah, 10x faster dungeon swap is big! Ignoring the dungeon reset speed stuff, which helps a bit but you'll still benefit from queuing up whatever dungeon you're doing.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
What unlocks the next tiers of Greed in YC? I just got the research consumption for the first area and don't see any ways to unlock other areas.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What unlocks the next tiers of Greed in YC? I just got the research consumption for the first area and don't see any ways to unlock other areas.

It’s been awhile since I have unlocked all the greed stuff, so it is a bit fuzzy. I know further in, once you clear out a level for the first time, you unlock its associated greed. You don’t necessarily need to have the summons maxed, it just usually worthwhile to wait for summons to be max level before putting more than a minimal amount of research into greed.

I think you might just have to clear out the regions, or possibly need to get further ED clears to unlock more greed options.

I also remember a couple of Astral bosses in, there is an upgrade that lets you spend Astral summon research on greed.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Orvin posted:

It’s been awhile since I have unlocked all the greed stuff, so it is a bit fuzzy. I know further in, once you clear out a level for the first time, you unlock its associated greed. You don’t necessarily need to have the summons maxed, it just usually worthwhile to wait for summons to be max level before putting more than a minimal amount of research into greed.

I think you might just have to clear out the regions, or possibly need to get further ED clears to unlock more greed options.

I also remember a couple of Astral bosses in, there is an upgrade that lets you spend Astral summon research on greed.

Weird, i am all the way to coastal city and still no other greed tiers. I have all monsters maxed out. The only thing I can think of is I didn't finish every quest.

MattDarling
Apr 25, 2017
The community wiki for Your Chronicle is generally pretty good, but this info is only in the comments for some reason. I think you get +1 Greed option per reincarnation, from what I remember, but the comments aren't especially clear about that part.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

MattDarling posted:

The community wiki for Your Chronicle is generally pretty good, but this info is only in the comments for some reason. I think you get +1 Greed option per reincarnation, from what I remember, but the comments aren't especially clear about that part.

That sounds about right. Each reincarnation unlocks another greed tier, provided you have cleared out at least the first area in the region once. Another reason to spam ED1 clears for the first 5 reincarnations for sure before moving on to ED2. Not that ED2 is particularly harder, but whatever you can do to speed things up to get through your first reincarnations will help.

Also, at some point (I think you might have to clear the first or second Astral boss) you unlock Pride. Those are challenge runs that severely weaken your character. By the time you unlock them you can conceivably do the very first Pride challenge, but it will take quite awhile if you have not been sinking a lot of inspiration into Habit+ and Stat Up+.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Ok, I won't sweat it too much yet then. Thanks.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Is there a list of unlocks for each zone in Your Chronicle? I'm on my third run and spent way too long in the forest because I didn't realise that the next zone remains locked if you don't do the first four steps of the mushroom guy's quest.

I'm trying to crank out the first ending 5 times before trying the second ending, and just kinda mashing buttons as they light up without noting which ones are actually key parts of the quest line.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I had the same issue and just sort of paid attention and figured it out. There's some info in the wiki. The biggest gates are the class specs in Academic City which unlock the next guild which unlocks receptionist sending you to kill the next boss.

I really wish monster passives were always active and balanced around that. I am getting sick of micromanaging my team so that I have the correct material inventory high while also maxing seed or research or damage.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I had the same issue and just sort of paid attention and figured it out. There's some info in the wiki. The biggest gates are the class specs in Academic City which unlock the next guild which unlocks receptionist sending you to kill the next boss.

I really wish monster passives were always active and balanced around that. I am getting sick of micromanaging my team so that I have the correct material inventory high while also maxing seed or research or damage.

The part that makes paying attention difficult is that there seem to be multiple requirements? I did mushrooms early the last run so it was something else that gated me out from the next zone, so I'm not sure what matters and what doesn't.

On the first run I was bottlenecked by destiny cap and surviving combat, but now that's not an issue at all. When I'm on my fifth swing at Ending 1 I'd rather just rush through the parts that matter and not waste time farming mushrooms (to later find out I absolutely needed some, but not all, mushrooms lol).

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I really wish monster passives were always active and balanced around that.

I wasn't a fan of that either so I edited the game to allow all pets to be active at once. I made a few other edits too if people are interested. YC is a great game but gets pretty tedious at certain points until you learn the exact paths to take to reincarnate the fastest.

Things I changed: Formations last an hour (so I didn't have to micro AOE), Max passive party size to 50, Increased shop item duration to a few days instead of an hour, Allow for DR after a minute instead of an hour, Allow to leave the village even if you accidentally click to leave with Norn so you don't have to swap out your party to get Norn to cast 10 times which fucks up the max party size thing I changed, raised Sin cap a little bit higher than the base

Garfu fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 23, 2023

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Garfu posted:

I wasn't a fan of that either so I edited the game to allow all pets to be active at once. I made a few other edits too if people are interested. YC is a great game but gets pretty tedious at certain points until you learn the exact paths to take to reincarnate the fastest.

Things I changed: Formations last an hour (so I didn't have to micro AOE), Max passive party size to 50, Increased shop item duration to a few days instead of an hour, Allow for DR after a minute instead of an hour, Allow to leave the village even if you accidentally click to leave with Norm so you don't have to swap out your party to get Norn to cast 10 times which fucks up the max party size thing I changed, Raised Sin cap a little bit higher than the base

These all sound like great edits.
Are they for the web version only?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Post poste posted:

These all sound like great edits.
Are they for the web version only?

They're for the steam version. If you DM me here or on discord (preferably (garfu#0001)) I can send the dll. I still have to make the edits for the latest version though.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Your Chronicle is great but locking the major feature of more party slots behind a crazy grind while also offering it up for a payment turned me off of it.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

https://garfu.dev/Domain.dll

Formations: 1 hour duration, 2 second cooldown
Party size: 50. Passive party display cuts off around 10 but they are still active, will need to remove party members to sort the list better
Shop item duration: a lot longer
DR time: 1 minute instead of 1 hour
DR multiplier: 10x
Norn miss-click protector: No longer need Norn to cast 10 spells to leave village if leaving with Norn
Sin cap increase: not sure exact amount but it's not much cause that kinda breaks stuff
Pay $1 for a billion rubies

Replace the dll in YourChronicle_Data\Managed - back up the original first if you need to switch back without having to redownload

Garfu fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 2, 2023

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Thanks a ton, works as advertised.

e: I just unlocked Sloth and am figuring it all out. I can do some basic loops like making bread and such but I only got 5 slots to use. Is there a way to save a routine? I want to have a gluttony farm to run on DRs but it's annoying to have to redefine it every time.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 24, 2023

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

hello, I was today years old and my warp drive upgrade tree in USI looked like this when I first realized I could uncheck that box in the corner and not have to click through a confirmation for every single upgrade level :doh:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Lol, yeah that was a game changer.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Those check boxes need to be a lot more signposted when they show up for the first time or always. I had a heck of a time trying to find the Auto Purchase for the Compute tab because it blends in so well with the rest of the UI.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Finished my first ED2 -- definitely a huge QoL bump to get 1.2k additional max destiny on every run. Capped out the desert critters too, aside from King Cobra, though I haven't seen a gold slime yet. How worthwhile is unlocking the 100 inspiration equipment versus grinding out more habit/status ups?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Garfu posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/282566331390230528/1078452975053324379/Domain.dll

Formations: 1 hour duration, 2 second cooldown
Party size: 50. Passive party display cuts off around 10 but they are still active, will need to remove party members to sort the list better
Shop item duration: a lot longer
DR time: 1 minute instead of 1 hour
DR multiplier: 10x
Norn miss-click protector: No longer need Norn to cast 10 spells to leave village if leaving with Norn
Sin cap increase: not sure exact amount but it's not much cause that kinda breaks stuff
Pay $1 for a billion rubies

Replace the dll in YourChronicle_Data\Managed - back up the original first if you need to switch back without having to redownload

Sorry to be this guy, but can anyone help explain how to implement this on MacOS?

MattDarling
Apr 25, 2017

Tricky posted:

How worthwhile is unlocking the 100 inspiration equipment versus grinding out more habit/status ups?

Unfortunately the wiki doesn't list the inspiration cost for the initial unlock of equipment, either on the equipment page or on the Astral World page. So I'm not sure which equipment is which.

I also don't remember what normal inspiration income is like around that level, so I'm not sure how impactful "wasting" a few hundred would be.

What I do remember is that equipment is a pretty slow burn, it takes a while to offer strong boosts. And there are costs to create and upgrade it after you spend the inspiration. The crafting costs are on the wiki if you don't mind spoilers for future unlocks. If you do check the wiki, basically each equipment has three sets of bonuses, but you only get the first bonus until it's upgraded. So that can help you prioritize.

Anyway, overall, I would say you don't have to prioritize equipment unlocks, unless it's cheap enough to buy from one DR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yeah, that makes sense. The two I can reasonably get right now are Leather Shield and Item Pouch, then the next bracket (Wooden Sword, Magic Wand) bumps up to 200 inspiration for the unlocks and keeps going up in chunks of 100 from there. I'm still early enough along the sin track that I'd probably be better off ignoring it and finishing out the King Cobra unlocks and shooting for a base habit of like... 2k, maybe? That seems about where everything important outside of Will and Familiar caps with one or two points.

I'll be making a ton of Sin from much quicker Reincarnations as soon as I finish farming this batch of seeds to clear my party screen a bit, so I should be able to cap out the ED1 bonuses and start working on finishing the next few ED2 completions after that.