Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Derek Carr is way better than Jones man.

Career stats sure, but he absolutely was not better this past season and I think a lot of people are judging Daniel Jones as if he's still his fumble prone self from three years ago and not one of the more efficient, lowest turnover qbs in the league that he was under Daboll this year. All of the advanced stats out there have some issues but if you look at EPA, QBR, whatever, he was very good this year.

Jones needs to get better at reading defenses post snap and being more aggressive downfield but when surrounded by the absolute dogshit he had outside this year I can't blame him for not trusting them either.

But I'm willing to bet on 25 year old Jones continuing to trend upward if he's not surrounded by the worst skill group in the NFL over 31 year old Carr who has gotten worse two years running while playing with two first team all pros though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nervous posted:

Does Jets Super Bowl MVP Derek Carr get him into the hall with a single ring?

Worked for Joe Namath

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Iodised QQ posted:

Career stats sure, but he absolutely was not better this past season and I think a lot of people are judging Daniel Jones as if he's still his fumble prone self from three years ago and not one of the more efficient, lowest turnover qbs in the league that he was under Daboll this year. All of the advanced stats out there have some issues but if you look at EPA, QBR, whatever, he was very good this year.

no im pretty sure they're judging him having competent coaching who accentuates his strengths and did not try to force a square peg into a round hole, in 2021 derek carr's head coach got fired for doing a racism and his #1 WR murdered someone after having the best start to a season in his career. still made the playoffs with his #1 receiver being Hunter Renfrow, in 2022 josh mcdaniels was running a system that was ineffective and took away the ability to audible which still loving baffles me, especially when carr is better when he has the ability to change the play at the line.

derek carr isn't an amazing qb, but he is certainly good, and definitely better than daniel jones is.

source: i watched every single raiders game in 2021 and 2022, kill me

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Iodised QQ posted:

But I'm willing to bet on 25 year old Jones continuing to trend upward if he's not surrounded by the worst skill group in the NFL over 31 year old Carr who has gotten worse two years running while playing with two first team all pros though

Carr had three different coaches in those two years and his “down” year last year is better than any year Jones has had. Daniel Jones sucks. He threw 15 TDs in this, his amazing breakout year. He didn’t turn the ball over as much because they simply stopped asked him to do a bunch of things an NFL QB should be able to do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Iodised QQ posted:

Jones needs to get better at reading defenses post snap and being more aggressive downfield but when surrounded by the absolute dogshit he had outside this year I can't blame him for not trusting them either.

Jones isn't in anyway, anywhere near close to being a QB like Carr is. Hope this helps.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nervous posted:

Every time I try to go and remember all four teams in the NFC South I can only remember three of them for about ten seconds.

I'm the same way with the AFC South.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wandler20 posted:

No one blames you for forgetting the Titans.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

wandler20 posted:

I’m a big idiot and this is me for both souths

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

It was a good move by the Jets having MrLogan do their sales pitch.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets have also told Aaron Rodgers that he will be a first ballot hall of famer if he comes to the Jets.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Iodised QQ posted:

lol if you cherry pick some of the stats he looks good!!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's not really anything wrong with using peoples' most recent seasons to compare them as current players but i disagree that jones is better than carr based on that. there isn't enough there to glue it down and start talking about how these 6.8 yards per attempt are better than these 7 because the one guy wasn't trying to do as much with his arm and was rewarded for it in the stats that i like to look at, etc.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

posted:

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy will not undergo right elbow surgery as planned on Wednesday due to continued swelling, multiple media outlets reported Tuesday night.

The determination reportedly was made Tuesday at Arlington, Texas, where Texas Rangers team physician Keith Meister was due to perform the operation the next day.
Purdy will meet again with Meister in early March to determine when the surgery to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament will be done, per multiple media reports.
Purdy previously said he planned to undergo the type of surgery that would get him back on the field the quickest, which would involve an InternalBrace ligament augmentation. That procedure reportedly would require a six-month recovery period, as opposed to a longer period for a hybrid operation including a partial elbow reconstruction.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Sataere posted:

It was a good move by the Jets having MrLogan do their sales pitch.

If it was up to me, he'd still be on the Raiders. :(

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kinda feels like the Jets and Packers are negotiating with targeted leaks while they wait.

https://twitter.com/calijets/status/1628419017882091520?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Kinda feels like the Jets and Packers are negotiating with targeted leaks while they wait.

https://twitter.com/calijets/status/1628419017882091520?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

I keep coming back to thinking why would Rodgers want to come play for the Jets and follow in Favre's footsteps, a guy he hates.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I'd be fine taking Jordan Love off their hands, too!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I'd be fine taking Jordan Love off their hands, too!

I think I would too. But what are you giving them for him? That is a weird trade for a guy who is 3 years into his career without ever having played at all.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I think I would too. But what are you giving them for him? That is a weird trade for a guy who is 3 years into his career without ever having played at all.

No clue, but not a ton. A 2nd or 3rd rounder? It would definitely be a weird trade, but it's an interesting middle ground option IMO.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

No clue, but not a ton. A 2nd or 3rd rounder? It would definitely be a weird trade, but it's an interesting middle ground option IMO.

He's a way better option than anyone who isn't Carr or Lamar assuming that Rodgers isn't available. I think someone might give them a 1 for him though with all the other bad options plus him being dirt cheap this year.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Professor Funk posted:

Probably the best option for the Jets if they can't get Carr and Rodgers is off the market

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Black Lighter posted:

Probably the best option for the Jets if they can't get Carr and Rodgers is off the market

Might even be a better option than Carr in some respects, tbqh.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Professor Funk posted:

Might even be a better option than Carr in some respects, tbqh.

At the very least, he has more familiarity with the system than Carr and he still has a couple more years on his rookie deal. I'd still go with Carr just because there are way too many unanswered questions about Love, tho.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Black Lighter posted:

At the very least, he has more familiarity with the system than Carr and he still has a couple more years on his rookie deal. I'd still go with Carr just because there are way too many unanswered questions about Love, tho.

He only has one more year.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Sataere posted:

He only has one more year.

Wouldn't there be a fifth-year option on his deal, tho?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Minshew is a better option than Jordan Love.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I don’t think we’ve seen enough of Jordan Love to say that definitively.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Aaron coming back to the Packers sounds like the worst resolution for everyone.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Every plugged in Packers beat guy just said the team has basically moved on so this just seems like an attempt at regaining some leverage?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t think they need leverage. People are going to bid for Rodgers the Packers can’t afford to just release him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Minshew is a better option than Jordan Love.

I know for 100% sure that Minshew isn't an NFL starting QB.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Be careful mcmagic people get mad at pointing that out

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

I know for 100% sure that Minshew isn't an NFL starting QB.
I disagree and think he's better than a bunch of people that got significant starting snaps this year, but I'm biased so I would take him over a complete unknown like Love who probably isnt any good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Love played well in an extremely small sample size and extremely small sample sizes have never benefited a GB QB

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CharlestheHammer posted:

Love played well in an extremely small sample size and extremely small sample sizes have never benefited a GB QB
Is that... Matt Flynn's music?!?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think they need leverage. People are going to bid for Rodgers the Packers can’t afford to just release him
Honestly curious what the market is for him. The two most likely teams being linked are the Jets and Raiders and the Raiders haven’t given any indications they want a short term veteran. Assume he’d have to be traded to the AFC. The Titans? They’re probably closer to tearing down.

I think it’s the Jets, Packers, or retirement.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I disagree and think he's better than a bunch of people that got significant starting snaps this year, but I'm biased so I would take him over a complete unknown like Love who probably isnt any good.

Minshew can start 2 games for you in a season as a spot starter and not completely embarrass himself. If you go into a season giving him 17 starts that seems like a good way to win 4 games.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Black Lighter posted:

Wouldn't there be a fifth-year option on his deal, tho?

I am dumb. I keep forgetting he's a first rounder.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The backup market will be interesting to watch. Jameis, Mariota, Baker, Darnold, Brissett, Lock, Wentz, Heinicke, Teddy, Dalton, Minshew, Pro Bowler Huntley, Rush. I'd imagine a lot of these guys will be on the move other than maybe Huntley, Darnold, or Rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Sataere posted:

I am dumb. I keep forgetting he's a first rounder.

No shame in that. Given how little action he's seen, he definitely doesn't feel like a first rounder