Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

some plague rats posted:

her skin is literally the only thin thing about her

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
chain probed to madness by Eleanor rigby

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Dustcat posted:

i used to get way too into forums drama back when it felt like my hangouts were being threatened, but now i'm like, what was that even about

used to be, huh? anyway you should follow peoples conversations a little bit before making up what you think they're about. unless you enjoy people being slightly miffed at you frequently.

you werent ever a mod were you

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

used to be, huh? anyway you should follow peoples conversations a little bit before making up what you think they're about. unless you enjoy people being slightly miffed at you frequently.

you werent ever a mod were you

that is always good advice

i have never been a mod on the somethingawful forums

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

both can go and stay gone and it's a pretty solid net gain for everyone else

lol at this idiot btw, imagine how bad the forum would suck if the only people who posted here were losers like you. Cheering at threads getting shut down because youre frail and incurious enough to want the forum homogenized to the point you never have to read a post that you wouldn't have written yourself

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

some plague rats posted:

lol at this idiot btw, imagine how bad the forum would suck if the only people who posted here were losers like you. Cheering at threads getting shut down because youre frail and incurious enough to want the forum homogenized to the point you never have to read a post that you wouldn't have written yourself

:ironicat:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

some plague rats posted:

sounds like ur modding

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

sounds like ur modding

Neither of you have ever made a funny post. You're too gutless to ever really try and flame someone because internally you know you don't have the stomach to be really insulting so you fart out these gay little cliches that no one could ever possibly get mad at

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
they're the haters from the ball

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the backup haters

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

some plague rats posted:

Neither of you have ever made a funny post. You're too gutless to ever really try and flame someone because internally you know you don't have the stomach to be really insulting so you fart out these gay little cliches that no one could ever possibly get mad at

i'm not trying to flame you i'm just noting for the record that you're an idiot without an ounce of self awareness who also can't read a posting room when they really need to

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

im serious about conducting pro putin info ops on the something awful battlespace

Same

Dustcat posted:

how are you guys so mad about a ukraine thread you don't even post in

have you considered just not being so mad about it, and this is a serious question, i genuinely don't understand the level of hatred

did you work yourself into a forums bloodlust where bashing your own metaphorical faces against the metaphorical wall won't cut it or something

Ok I'll engage. There's multiple Ukraine/Russia threads. D&D has one, GiP has one (I assume/trust), CSPAM has one, and GBS has one. So you can see the exact same dreary bullshit through a few lenses.

This place posts about the truth of the war and that war is bad. Idk I don't read it, but Majorian was modding it and it seemed fine when there was a big ol brigade week where all the U/R threads all started going cross-forum to debate. I did not get probed for posting "war bad"

D&D is koos effort trap zone, and out of all of the threads that one is the best case study on how to handle this. BUT STILL multiple times that thread has linked directly to charities that that support real deal actual kill-the-jews Nazis. I do get probed for posting "war bad"

GBS is the old Mt Everest death watching fucks hooting and hollering over the death of enemies. I don't believe them when they say it is a bit. It's not, they get super duper horny. That's being modded by kit who has been the dumbest bitch in like the last 2 years of QCS struggle sessions directly calling out her various pet threads.

We all hashed this out months ago. CSPAM stuck to the non-brigading truce talks or whatever. GBS absolutely has not. Their psychos got slaps on the wrist while like 4 of our psychos got permabanned I think I'm forgetting. All this happened months ago, so this whole this is deeply funny because of direct experience in drinking FORUMS BATTLEMENTAL SPACE is kinda fun.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
5 of our psychos. im claiming epic orc killer anarchist guy. he was cool

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

Same

Ok I'll engage. There's multiple Ukraine/Russia threads. D&D has one, GiP has one (I assume/trust), CSPAM has one, and GBS has one. So you can see the exact same dreary bullshit through a few lenses.

This place posts about the truth of the war and that war is bad. Idk I don't read it, but Majorian was modding it and it seemed fine when there was a big ol brigade week where all the U/R threads all started going cross-forum to debate. I did not get probed for posting "war bad"

D&D is koos effort trap zone, and out of all of the threads that one is the best case study on how to handle this. BUT STILL multiple times that thread has linked directly to charities that that support real deal actual kill-the-jews Nazis. I do get probed for posting "war bad"

GBS is the old Mt Everest death watching fucks hooting and hollering over the death of enemies. I don't believe them when they say it is a bit. It's not, they get super duper horny. That's being modded by kit who has been the dumbest bitch in like the last 2 years of QCS struggle sessions directly calling out her various pet threads.

We all hashed this out months ago. CSPAM stuck to the non-brigading truce talks or whatever. GBS absolutely has not. Their psychos got slaps on the wrist while like 4 of our psychos got permabanned I think I'm forgetting. All this happened months ago, so this whole this is deeply funny because of direct experience in drinking FORUMS BATTLEMENTAL SPACE is kinda fun.

well as long as everyone's having fun

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i dont want to post about gbs. mostly because fluffdaddy will rip the lid off of the thread and start comboing people again. this is a covert op.

dustcat i respect the urge to roll around in the poo poo, respect the hell out of it, but you need to make sure the insults describe your target better than yourself. that will always backfire

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

dustcat i respect the urge to roll around in the poo poo, respect the hell out of it, but you need to make sure the insults describe your target better than yourself. that will always backfire

there's certainly a big disconnect between how various posters see the forums they post on and how the drama posters see them

i'm just offering my view raw and real

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

some plague rats posted:

im not trying to make you laugh. and yea ur very scary

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dustcat posted:

i'm not trying to flame you i'm just noting for the record that you're an idiot without an ounce of self awareness who also can't read a posting room when they really need to

ur not trying to epic troll like a 12 year old? wow sad

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!
:gas:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

another ukraine thread has constant discussion and plenty of combat photos and links, weird that nobody tried bombing that one

maybe it's not about the bloodthirst after all!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

redneck nazgul posted:

another ukraine thread has constant discussion and plenty of combat photos and links, weird that nobody tried bombing that one

which one?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the tourism and travel one is pretty good

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Writing u so everyone knows I'm chill and definitely not an absolutely mirthless psycho

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

some plague rats posted:

There's probably be less of that constant, piercing screaming though

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

Same

i dunno what the gbs ukraine thread is like now but it was genuine lunatic poo poo at the start of the war. posters joyfully talking about incinerated corpses of truck drivers

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

redneck nazgul posted:

...what?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
here's a bunc hof words I'm never going to read haha politics tho

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

The classic type of poster with bloodshot eyes and multiple hair patches picked out growling “you loving mad? im actually very chill and laughing” through clenched teeth.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im usually having a good time posting on the forums

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

lobster shirt posted:

Same. Like the tiny tim song

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

Nice meltdown. Maybe start digging up?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

when you're definitely not mad 🤣😂🤣😂

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

kramering onto the forums to have fun and be normal

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lumpentroll posted:

kramering onto the forums to have fun and be normal

syq

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

did kramer originate on this website i have never seen people use it elsewhere. well of course the big guy, cosmo kramer, is from seinfeld.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

sorry, i’m not dealing with your bullshit concern trolling anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

did kramer originate on this website i have never seen people use it elsewhere. well of course the big guy, cosmo kramer, is from seinfeld.

he barges into the room like a big funny guy but actually loves to call black people the N word. It’s basically a jungian archetype