Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

apparently drugovich is subbing for strulovitch :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Or "Druggo" as I assume we now call him.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Residency Evil posted:

Friend, how would you like to share with three other people to make it even cheaper?

Sorry friendo, two of the guys I share it with already like watching the races live with another stream open for live timing.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Diet Crack posted:

Daniel Ricciardo's career trajectory

Ouch.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Diet Crack posted:

Lmao that's the one I was aiming for but half awake couldn't remember his career.

gently caress that says something

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Ricciardo might have gotten a few more wins if he stayed at red bull, but he was never going to be anything more than a slightly worse Checo as long as he was there.

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
Ricciardo is seemingly the only human being Christian Horner is on record having warm feelings about, so he has that going for him at RB

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

acidx posted:

Ricciardo might have gotten a few more wins if he stayed at red bull, but he was never going to be anything more than a slightly worse Checo as long as he was there.

I think if he had stuck around he could have done much better than the list of drivers who have sat next to Max since he left.

We'll never know though so lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FakeBlood posted:

Ricciardo is seemingly the only human being Christian Horner is on record having warm feelings about, so he has that going for him at RB

there's a reason why oval office is a term of endearment in the UK and Australia

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Rebus, did James Vowels leave the picture of Mrs. Thatcher hung on the wall in Frank's office?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Much more likely lance has a little boo-boo and has realised he can run "but I missed testing!" as a season long excuse as to why 41 year old alonso is seven tenths faster.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Dudley posted:

Or "Druggo" as I assume we now call him.

Ol' drugsy

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Khablam posted:

Much more likely lance has a little boo-boo and has realised he can run "but I missed testing!" as a season long excuse as to why 41 year old alonso is seven tenths faster.

His dad owns the team he doesn't need to make excuses for why he sucks. It's not like his job is at stake.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

MustardFacial posted:

Rebus, did James Vowels leave the picture of Mrs. Thatcher hung on the wall in Frank's office?

I dunno if he's even made it into that office to redecorate yet. He spent a lot of yesterday introducing himself to literally everybody (which I'll add no previous big cheese has ever done in my time here) and was probably off-site today.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Are you going to start getting phone calls that start off like this

"Rebus, this is James"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Why are we not in the Canon FW14B livery, I want answers damnit

gently caress sponsors don't give me that bullshit

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Diet Crack posted:

Why are we not in the Canon FW14B livery, I want answers damnit

:hmmyes:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rebus posted:

I dunno if he's even made it into that office to redecorate yet. He spent a lot of yesterday introducing himself to literally everybody (which I'll add no previous big cheese has ever done in my time here) and was probably off-site today.

Did you ask him if he had stairs in his house?

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
New Williams/Something Awful livery sets the pace a full half second ahead of Red Bull... on the zybourne clock LOL

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I forget, is this the year where they are banning the use of tire blankets, or is that next season?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the tyres will get cold when they're trying to sleep tho :(

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Cimber posted:

I forget, is this the year where they are banning the use of tire blankets, or is that next season?

i think they scrapped that entirely

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cast iron is a great pan but Teflon has its merits.
Usually if in cooking something that needs to go into the oven it's going to be a cast iron or steak or something I would toss on the grill it goes in the cast iron.

If I'm doing something like potatoes or fish or something that really is going to stick . It's Teflon.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

They were going to reduce the temperature this year but all the drivers whined that it took too long to warm up the tires so instead they are only heating them for two hours instead of three.

Unless something has changed again.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Bring back refueling, that'll heat them up

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

McLaren will probably gently caress up fitting the brake parts into the space they’ve made for them again which will make the whole thing nice and toasty

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Diet Crack posted:

never get in a land war in asia, and never ever sign for mclaren

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

tater_salad posted:

Usually if in cooking something that needs to go into the oven it's going to be a cast iron or steak or something I would toss on the grill it goes in the cast iron.

If I'm doing something like potatoes or fish or something that really is going to stick . It's Teflon.

What is your opinion on HexClad pans?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rhopunzel posted:

Inconceivable

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

What is your opinion on HexClad pans?

What's next.. graniteware?.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Who else is ready for Ted and Ant to deliberately be interrupted by team radio on Sky broadcasts?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i watched a good amount of the daytona 500 this past weekend and i think at this point nascar might be more complicated than formula one? other than the turning and manoeuvring and such

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
it’s time for a medley league, races divided by the type of car the driver has to use, see who’s the best jack of all trades

25% driving F1 cars
25% driving NASCAR cars
25% Indy cars
10% LMP1
15% karts

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rhopunzel posted:

well the good news for mazepin is mclaren isn't hiring

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Thanks Ants posted:

Been doing it for the past two seasons. The cancelled F1 TV subscription hangs about in your iCloud settings on your phone so you can cancel and resume it from there and never have to touch the F1 app.

Well blow me down, that was easy.

Oddly, the app still knows I'm in the UK, even with the slovakian IP it wouldn't give me the Slovakian €39.99 price for the year, but still. Bargain.\

It's got archival races in decent quality too!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Inconceivable

--Frederic Vasseur

Cimber posted:

No, this year is still between full-speed use and zero use, I think it's 2024 or 2025 to remove them fully. the idea for this year was lower temperatures for the same time but it sounds like same temperature for shorter is the balance instead.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

tater_salad posted:

Cast iron is meh. Teflon for life. Just don't attack your pan with metal utensils like a goober and it's fine. Easy clean, easy use.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

it’s time for a medley league, races divided by the type of car the driver has to use, see who’s the best jack of all trades

25% driving F1 cars
25% driving NASCAR cars
25% Indy cars
10% LMP1
15% karts

I like this but LMP experience isn't there unless you ensure that there are some LMP3 drivers to act as rolling chicanes.

ilmucche posted:

Cast iron is meh. Teflon for life. Just don't attack your pan with metal utensils like a goober and it's fine. Easy clean, easy use.

Cant toss teflon in your oven after a good sear.. But anyone who attack's their Teflon with metal utensils is a monster and should be confined to being a corner marshal at a nasar race and or Immediately broken up with. .

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Accept no substitute for red copper cookware. A goon bought me one of these for Christmas and it is has been the only pan I've used since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbQcscAwhy0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Best helmet ever.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Co-GXBmLSUi/