Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

My fav AI audio

https://youtu.be/EJxCmkZAgtY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1628236666275090432

Let's make a nation! And then have it break up! That's it!

Also, they're trying to make her look more lady like with the pink outfit, aren't they.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Eat poo poo bitch

https://twitter.com/SpoofyHype/status/1615120905297952770?s=20

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
are there any unregulated donation sites asking for a friend who got bills piling up and definitely is Kyle Rittenhouse

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

https://twitter.com/dinnafashh/status/1627064005134270466?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Love this one

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Yep. This is it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

thin blue whine posted:

are there any unregulated donation sites asking for a friend who got bills piling up and definitely is Kyle Rittenhouse

you should direct Kyle to hatreon, the hate base patreon ripoff. the ripoff so poorly coded you can enter a negative number and get money from somehow.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

PhazonLink posted:

the ripoff so poorly coded you can enter a negative number and get money from somehow.

so it's like a crypto exchange then

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1628225833876742144?s=46&t=0Is0NUH5bdUSkFF5DCnELQ
Twitter apparently now deciding the future of the union. Next step in the democratic process will be a Twitter poll, the government will abide by the outcome

I think the funniest part of MTG's dumb stupid idea is that, even if it somehow worked and she got her super special conservative only country with no dirty woke trans liberals to ruin it, all that would happen is that the conservatives would immediately turn on each other. They'll always find a reason to hate the people around them no matter what.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol Kevin McCarthy is a loving moron, his power is entirely based on a woman who is going on Hannity openly talking about secession who might as well be sitting in his chair; Kitara Ravache; and Matt Gaetz (who only fell in line after a big fat sweaty Alabama man was very much going to put dents in his head)

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

MTG revealed her plan for divorce of US

So you want an incredibly weak federal government where the states have almost all of the power?

Pity the Founders didn’t think to try that and see how it would work out.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://soundcloud.com/dapper-732995873/bidens-secret-speech

apperently biden totally released a secret speech and its really intense. i think he isnt walking back from the flag speech and may have commited a crime. its not safe for work either.

lmao at "Just like we used to do back in Scranton when those Goldwater boys showed their heads."

lol, this rear end in a top hat hasn't worked a hard day in his life. I would pay good money to watch this dipshit get forced to work a Black Friday shift at opening.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

McLellan won 75-25 lol. Her opponent was an absolute christofascist loon.
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1628050078303756288?s=20
(she should really be in the governor's mansion right now though, gently caress McAuliffe's ego)

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

jokes posted:

no wonder don and ron are mortal enemies. ron has wanted nothing more than to analyze trump's piss

lol

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I hear most of these so-called 'poor' in fact have refrigerators!

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Rhonne posted:

I think the funniest part of MTG's dumb stupid idea is that, even if it somehow worked and she got her super special conservative only country with no dirty woke trans liberals to ruin it, all that would happen is that the conservatives would immediately turn on each other. They'll always find a reason to hate the people around them no matter what.

Could you imagine the god damned circus that country would be? A literal, factual idiocracy. But far more violent and hateful than the movie version. In part because of their impotence, knowing that the blue states are living their best lives with no concerns and there's nothing they can do about it other than get their asses kicked. So they take it out on themselves. The religious sect infighting alone would probably wipe most of them out, it'd end up like some dystopian world where you'd have these beautiful cities right next to blasted hellholes, with the only difference being who they voted for in 2024.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The future is gonna be incredible until someone Max Headroom's their way into the CNN live feed and plays a deepfake video of Biden in the East Wing ordering a nuclear strike on Moscow

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I'm an immigrant but I'm white, am I ok in texas marge?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The future is gonna be incredible until someone Max Headroom's their way into the CNN live feed and plays a deepfake video of Biden in the East Wing ordering a nuclear strike on Moscow

pretty sure that's basically the plot of an episode of ATHF except replace deepfakes with time travel

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

acejackson42 posted:

Could you imagine the god damned circus that country would be? A literal, factual idiocracy. But far more violent and hateful than the movie version. In part because of their impotence, knowing that the blue states are living their best lives with no concerns and there's nothing they can do about it other than get their asses kicked. So they take it out on themselves. The religious sect infighting alone would probably wipe most of them out, it'd end up like some dystopian world where you'd have these beautiful cities right next to blasted hellholes, with the only difference being who they voted for in 2024.

they would def spend their energy antagonizing and interfering in the neighboring blue states, plus blaming their own mismanagement and problems on hidden liberal agitators

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

acejackson42 posted:

a country where they no longer have politics to coalesce over and will tear itself apart over SEC football

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"Build a wall it's what you're good at"
*proceeds to fail at building a wall*

poo poo is on point

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1628220249597267968?s=46&t=N-P9I1Nm1A1_6App9vF9kQ

It is kind of satisfying to see just how craven and pathetic these idiots truly are.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Didn't Reagan basically do exactly this, accidentally with a hot mic?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1628220249597267968?s=46&t=N-P9I1Nm1A1_6App9vF9kQ

It is kind of satisfying to see just how craven and pathetic these idiots truly are.

It really is.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

christ what has Hannity done to himself

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

acejackson42 posted:

an infinite fractal of sectarian groups becoming infinitely more regressive/authoritarian

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LOL, Hannity’s look is incredible

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MrMojok posted:

LOL, Hannity’s look is incredible

he's turned into a pumpkin-colored monster covered in pads and rolls of fat, it's amazing

I remember when Alan Colmes was the weird looking one

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64722716

quote:

Controversial influencer Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan have had their custody in Romania extended for a third time, and will remain in detention until at least the end of March.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

newsflash dipshit: every time your lawyers present a mountain of evidence monthly as to why you should be released, the prosecutors are just gonna go, "lol look at all these passports," and they're going to keep you in jail because it's Romania, not Texas

coulda gotten off scot-free if you'd come back to the US in time

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

BigglesSWE posted:

Batman is real and that's definitely Clayface

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Float a balloon over it

I have no doubt a non zero amount of rubes will show up with "spy balloons" and at least one table will have a model train set

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Being sued for self defense because I went out of my way to put myself in a dangerous situation

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Xenocides posted:

So you want an incredibly weak federal government where the states have almost all of the power?

Pity the Founders didn’t think to try that and see how it would work out.

And then the Confederacy try it again in the 1860's only to confirm the founders' findings

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Handsome Ralph posted:

lmao at "Just like we used to do back in Scranton when those Goldwater boys showed their heads."

lol, this rear end in a top hat hasn't worked a hard day in his life. I would pay good money to watch this dipshit get forced to work a Black Friday shift at opening.

I'd pay good money to watch him work a regular customer service job, if he could hold one down for more than a few days of his arguing with everyone, and see him try to survive off of $250 bucks a week

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It’s always these shithole states that threaten to secede but they whine for federal relief whenever the yearly weather disaster comes because climate change isn’t real and argh gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Civil War

The congresswoman is too influential within the GOP—and too representative of its views—for her calls for secession to be dismissed.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/02/marjorie-taylor-greene-secession-civil-war/673142/

It was only a matter of time before Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene—a peddler of far-right conspiracy theories, a speaker at white-nationalist rallies, a supporter of political violence, and an all-around unhinged individual—would renew her call for secession.

On Presidents’ Day, Greene tweeted:

We need a national divorce. We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government. Everyone I talk to says this. From the sick and disgusting woke culture issues shoved down our throats to the Democrat’s traitorous America Last policies, we are done.

The temptation of many people, eager to move past America’s political freak show, will be to ignore her comments and dismiss her as an outcast, a fringe figure, deranged but isolated. The less said about her, the better.

Greene is not just a member of Congress, not just a member of its Committee on Homeland Security; she has become a confidante of Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy. He has “forged an ironclad bond” with Greene, according to The New York Times. She has “taken on an outsize role as a policy adviser to Mr. McCarthy.” He has in turn lavished praise on her.

“If you’re going to be in a fight, you want Marjorie in your foxhole,” McCarthy told the Times. “When she picks a fight, she’s going to fight until the fight’s over. She reminds me of my friends from high school, that we’re going to stick together all the way through.” He’ll even stick together with those arguing for secession, apparently.

Greene is not alone in her views. She is giving voice to a widespread and growing sentiment in the Republican Party. Among Republicans in the South, for example, support for secession was 66 percent in June 2021, according to a Bright Line Watch/YouGov poll. (The poll found support for secession growing among every partisan group in the months following the January 6 riot at the Capitol.)

Last summer, thousands of Texas Republicans approved a platform that called on the state legislature to authorize a referendum on secession from the United States. And shortly after Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, Rush Limbaugh, one of the most dominant figures on the American right, said, “I actually think that we’re trending toward secession. I see more and more people asking, ‘What in the world do we have in common with the people who live in, say, New York?’”

Don’t expect a wave of Republican lawmakers and current and potential presidential candidates to get on the secession bandwagon. That is still too extreme for most of them, at least right now. But I doubt that many Republicans, aside from courageous figures such as Utah Governor Spencer Cox and Liz Cheney, the former chair of the House Republican Conference, will call Greene out. (Senator Mitt Romney of Utah and former Maryland Governor Larry Hogan have shown integrity throughout the MAGA years as well.)

But by and large, if Republicans call Greene out, they will offer only gentle rebukes. Mostly, they’ll want to ignore her comments, change the topic, and try to redirect attention to Democrats. During the past half a dozen years, Republicans have perfected whataboutism.

Trump did horrifying things at the end of his presidency, including attempting a coup and inciting a violent mob to attack the Capitol. The majority of Republicans tolerated what he did, to a degree that simply wouldn’t have happened at the beginning of his presidency. It took time for the corruption to fully take hold, for the party—lawmakers and the right-wing media complex—to fall completely into line. But fall in line they did. Trump may be losing his grip on the Republican Party, and that is a good thing, but his nihilistic imprint remains all over it.