Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

nah, you dont need more than 1 bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

nah, you dont need more than 1 bathroom

I'll piss out the window, as usual

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
pittsburgh piss moat

Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

pittsburgh piss moat

I'll go downhill, it's very steep there

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

And $205/year in property taxes because they're still assessing it at a mid-90s valuation. Jesus, that's cheap. Is Pittsburgh one of the places that reassesses on sale?

Apr 7, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

And $205/year in property taxes because they're still assessing it at a mid-90s valuation. Jesus, that's cheap. Is Pittsburgh one of the places that reassesses on sale?

Depends on the neighborhood. I paid $120K for a place in a city neighborhood in 2015 and they're still assessing me at $58K. That house wouldn't be any different.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

gorgeous

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

gorgeous

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/404-Eureka-St-Pittsburgh-PA-15211/11323601_zpid/

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

https://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/a-fairy-godmother-oversaw-the-transformation-of-this-mount-washington-beauty/

quote:

The owner of Godmother Properties (who asked to remain anonymous) designs and oversees construction of her projects.

I'd want to remain anonymous too if I inflicted that hideous mess on a neighborhood that couldn't fight back

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kreeblah posted:

Allegheny county does not reassess on sale for tax purposes no

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Allegheny county does not reassess on sale for tax purposes no

Depends on where you're at, if you're in Regent Square the school district (Wilkinsburg or PIttsburgh) will absolutely reassess

Apr 7, 2003

raw pressure treated lumber has been a thing around here lately and it's hideous

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Depends on where you're at, if you're in Regent Square the school district (Wilkinsburg or PIttsburgh) will absolutely reassess

that law does not appear to be for sale but rather renovations / expansions . you might be right

in the weeds PA poo poo sorry everyone else

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

that law does not appear to be for sale but rather renovations / expansions .

lol I did my roof + siding + rear deck and never got a permit so nobody reassessed my poo poo

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol i get a letter every year from the state of KS telling me my property value (and my taxes)

god i hate this fuckhole state but hey my mortgage is like 2.9% so gently caress moving

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
the virgin homeowner vs the chad renter

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

property assessments is one of the most arcane and local law fields in the USA. zoning is more generalizable.

Apr 7, 2003

Laws aren't real, book boy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Finally convinced libwife to pursue the true pathway to home ownership: writing a business plan requiring buying a house that she can present to her rich dad. I'm now in this thread for realz

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Rich dad, poor dad, goon dad.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol I did my roof + siding + rear deck and never got a permit so nobody reassessed my poo poo

if they find out won't the city make you rip off your roof and try again

euphronius posted:

property assessments is one of the most arcane and local law fields in the USA. zoning is more generalizable.

I do this for a living and love it because it's so vibes based

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

this sucks, bad, and the inside looks like a cruise ship suite

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gray walls strike again!

Apr 7, 2003

I called my bank to get preapproved for that house in case we look at it and like it and they approved me for way way way more than HUD says I can afford and offered a bridge loan for downpayments

if this isn't a bubble nothing is, that's an exact repeat of poo poo that was happening in 2008

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

I called my bank to get preapproved for that house in case we look at it and like it and they approved me for way way way more than HUD says I can afford and offered a bridge loan for downpayments

if this isn't a bubble nothing is, that's an exact repeat of poo poo that was happening in 2008

pretty close to it yeah

08 was folks payments going from $1200 to $2800 in a month while they could only afford $1100

this is banks saying yeah you can afford $3200 while you can only afford $1600

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

I hope you get it that's a really nice house and you can play loud music if you want and not.bother neighbors

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It feels like a bubble but poo poo hasn’t popped yet.

Some housing regulations and practices established since in response to the Great Recession have been rolled back, but from what I’ve read it’s nowhere close to the Wild West of the mid aughts.

also, there is substantially more firm involvement in the housing ownership portfolio

Apr 7, 2003

a realtor I talked to yesterday said that there are properties sitting on the market for hundreds of days around here without moving the price an inch, with zero consideration for high rates. People and investors just sitting on poo poo forever because I guess they can eat the expense. idk

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
apparently there is a huge amount of new homes being built but new home demand is plummeting. it's definitely a bubble and the pop is going to be lmao

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

*rushes into thread dressed as a cactus*

commence popping

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
me watching the housing bubble pop:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

lol

but also hell yeah I hope you get that house because it rocks, good luck

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Guys, hold on... kamala to the rescue!

quote:

The White House on Wednesday will unveil a plan to reduce mortgage insurance fees charged to first-time home buyers, helping an estimated 850,000 borrowers save about $800 a year on the cost of a typical loan, it said in a statement.

Vice President Kamala Harris will announce the plan to lower fees on Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loans at an event in the Washington suburb of Bowie, Maryland.

The FHA charges the fees to insure lenders against riskier loans often taken out by lower-income home-buyers.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
800 a year? that's what you got? you can't even scrounge up 100/month?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Willa Rogers posted:

California just announced a $900 million aid grant to 'tackle' homelessness by, among other things, buying overpriced lovely tiny homes.

Democrats will do absolutely anything to keep property values high and avoid building public housing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am never selling my house god drat

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Willa Rogers posted:

loving lol that's all they can come up with

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

euphronius posted:

I am never selling my house god drat

List it in SA-mart. Or coupons!?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i used to live in a brownstone next to a hole where the other brownstones had been demolished and they had to bolt it upright with steel girders. i think they ended up removing the girders when they filled the hole with gentrification but id moved out years after tgat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

External Organs posted:

List it in SA-mart. Or coupons!?

maybe I could get a banner ad