Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Steve Yun posted:

Loving the action in Top Gun 2

The story is so bad.

Ace Combat games have better stories

JOn Hamm: "We could just shoot it from space, but then i wouldn't be here *wink*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gonz posted:

Top Gun: Maverick is just Star Wars Episode IV but with fighter jets instead of X-Wings.

And it owns.

So Tom Cruise is Luke. Then what's the force? HGH

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Oh goodness

Mav sacrifices himself to save Rooster! He couldn’t live with letting Goose’s son die too! This is great! Wow, genuinely heartfelt.

(A couple minutes later) time to buddycop heist an F14 and get out of here!

It was like… Star Wars 9 where Rey accidentally killed Chewie and I sat up in my chair thinking the story would salvage itself with real stakes. But nahhhh fake Chewie bro

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 21, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Shageletic posted:

So Tom Cruise is Luke. Then what's the force? HGH

The Edge

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Gonz posted:

Top Gun: Maverick is just Star Wars Episode IV but with fighter jets instead of X-Wings.

And it owns.

Yeah if they spent half of Star Wars rehearsing for the big attack and like dating their sisters at the cantina.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Nihonniboku posted:

Those are Peacock
Yeah well it starts with a P so I was pretty close. There are too many goddamn streaming services.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Top gun 2 was sick in the theater it was pretty boring on my little tv tho when I tried to rewatch it

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, the time to see Top Gun: Maverick was in the theater.

In regards to HBO shows, The Leftovers isn't exactly hidden, but it's a little lower profile, and I recently watched it and very much enjoyed it. Three seasons, with an ending.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Leftovers was great. Nailed the ending too.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I just started Tokyo Vice, pretty cool (after 1 episode).

Every angry Japanese business man voice always makes me laugh though.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I found Top Gun 2 to be very good fun when it was about planes going fast, but mediocre to bad whenever anything else was happening. Then again I'm probably not exactly the target audience, since I'm not all that nostalgic about the first part :shrug:.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
ST Picard Season 3 Ep 1 was bad but nowhere near as bad as the first 2 seasons. I will keep watching.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hello Tomorrow is a pretty good way to spend 30 minutes. Apple is starting to get in it's groove now.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

3 thousand years of longing is a beautiful movie I loved it
Millar made what at times felt like a Gilliam movie
They hosed up the trailer bad

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is Three Thousand Years of Longing streaming somewhere or just like available for digital purchase/renting?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Steve Yun posted:

Oh just got free paramount+ peasant tier through my T-Mobile family plan

All the Star treks, Top Gun 2, what else should I watch

The original Twilight Zone is one of the best TV series of all time.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I've been putting off Copenhagen Cowboy cuz I heard the Netflix translations were godawful and didn't reflect what they were really saying at all

did that get fixed or should I just suck it up and settle for a visual feast instead

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Upsidads posted:

3 thousand years of longing is a beautiful movie I loved it
Millar made what at times felt like a Gilliam movie
They hosed up the trailer bad

I didn't see the trailer but yeah it was good. Djinn are good story tellers and the movie reflects that, hard to miss with that formula--looking at you Disney.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I put on Road to Perdition, a movie that always looked extremely boring so I never watched it. so far it is pretty boring

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

A MIRACLE posted:

I put on Road to Perdition, a movie that always looked extremely boring so I never watched it. so far it is pretty boring
It's slow but it looks gorgeous

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
My issue with Road to Perdition is that I absolutely in no way can buy Tom Hanks as a ruthless mob enforcer.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Mad God is pretty good. It's like a tool video and pink Floyd's the wall got together and a bunch of stuff gets murdered. I watched it dead sober but I think drugs should be involved.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

im getting more into it, theres stanley tucci with hair and a baby daniel craig doing an american accent

I think in my mind a period drama is just a boring rear end genre but I always like them after 20 minutes of sitting still lol

agree on hanks, he is just a teddy bear i don't really see it either

ok it was good. story was predictable af but that wasn't really the point. the cinematics looked good on my lil tv

think i need a bigger tv

put on alan alda's 1981 vehicle The Four Seasons

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 21, 2023

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Field Mousepad posted:

Mad God is pretty good. It's like a tool video and pink Floyd's the wall got together and a bunch of stuff gets murdered. I watched it dead sober but I think drugs should be involved.

Blood Machines on Shudder is pretty neat too. It's a Carpenter Brut music video mashed with a pulpy Sci Fi story with a spaceship that is also a lady and maybe also a god? If Carpenter Brut doesn't sound familiar, you've probably heard their music in the Hotline Miami games. I believe it's about an hour long total. Shudder splits it into 3 episodes but it's clearly meant to be watched as one short movie.

Not a recommendation to just Field Mousepad, if you want a weird artsy thing to watch either totally sober or enhanced in some way, it's a good selection.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

nate fisher posted:

Since you recommend me Patriot long ago, I disagree with your custom text. Fixed.

Oh hey, thanks! I took a break from the forums while I left Denver, in Vegas now, and finally saw this post! Really, thanks

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

yoohoo posted:

My issue with Road to Perdition is that I absolutely in no way can buy Tom Hanks as a ruthless mob enforcer.
Oh definitely, he's got too much of a nice guy image going on.

However since he's gotta be sympathetic, casting Tom Hanks is a convenient shortcut.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Is Don’t Worry Darling that bad or did everyone just dogpile it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Steve Yun posted:

Do you like bad cheesy anthology series, like Tales from the Darkside, the 80's Twilight Zone, or the 90's Outer Limits? Then you'll love Don't Worry Darling! I personally thought it was fun and loving stupid and had no regrets about putting it on.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That’s a serious insult to 90s Outer Limits

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Don't Worry Darling was mediocre at best until they had the big reveal and at that point I was so angry at the movie that I wanted to punch my TV.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Steve Yun posted:

It is very very bad

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The finale of physical 100 was slightly disappointing but also probably about the best you can do with the format. It was a really fun show.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

after the director came out and said that men don't cum in this movie, I immediately lost all interest

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Steve Yun posted:

I liked it :shrug: I did think about Chris Pine's press tour face the whole time though.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m watching Huge in France and it’s pretty funny. I’m kinda a sucker for comedians playing themselves in a comedy series

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I love Natasha Lyonne but when I realized it was a procedural murder of the week like Psych and Monk and haha look a joke about Burn Notice (we will do more product placement than them though haha) I was a little disappointed. The promos didn't make that clear.

Late reply but apparently its not even product placement, as in they aren't getting paid to feature those brands of beer. Rian Johnson just wanted to use real stuff.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
All the behind the scenes drama put me off the movie entirely. The director dating the male lead and the weird power imbalances that always creates, the female lead trashing it openly, Chris Pine face, all of it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

The finale of physical 100 was slightly disappointing but also probably about the best you can do with the format. It was a really fun show.

You're being pretty generous I think. The flipping over the tiles and the running back and forth to push the buttons were just not at all fun to watch, two of the most tedious and boring games in the whole series.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

You're being pretty generous I think. The flipping over the tiles and the running back and forth to push the buttons were just not at all fun to watch, two of the most tedious and boring games in the whole series.

That's true actually, I'd throw the rope comp in with those too. I meant about the best you could do in terms of making things fair, but the events themselves were boring and edited to just kill time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Knock at the Cabin isn't very surprising or interesting for an M Night Shyamalan movie.