Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Castle Morne misbegotten got me a few times

Mis/ Jerkass shield knight took me several times for sure

Winged Scythes weapon are does great pose damage so I'd nuke the misbegotten and then get crushed by the knight.

The real jerk knight was the dude with the antler spear holy gently caress that guys reach is nuts.

Farum Clergyman is beating my rear end something tells me he isn't weak to holy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Tree spear crucibles are way easier than the sword and shield guys. They can’t block, stomp less, and their special attacks are easy to roll.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I just summoned a ghost and hit him in the back with bloody slash until he died

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

skasion posted:

Tree spear crucibles are way easier than the sword and shield guys. They can’t block, stomp less, and their special attacks are easy to roll.

Not for me somehow idk what it is prolly cuz I don't have all that many memories of fighting them

That one and the one in the super duper low depths are the only ones I really remember

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What does the Arcane stat do, other than stuff that scales with Arcane? Are there any good items that need high arcane? Or is it just drop rate?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Morne Misbegotten is the first and easiest of the type, it shows up elsewhere.

Everybody's got some boss that is weirdly easy or hard for them. Even on my first playthrough I breezed past every Draconic Tree Sentinel, but sewer Mohg and snowfield Astel and a few others are absolute nightmares. Actually basically any boss where you need to be patient for even a single second now that I think about it, or at least the ones that will kill me if I try to trade.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What does the Arcane stat do, other than stuff that scales with Arcane? Are there any good items that need high arcane? Or is it just drop rate?

It's basically the stat that represents attunement to an outer god, more or less. It's best when a weapon has some kind of status scaling naturally, because that goes up as well as damage when you attune it to occult. It's the primary damage status for bleed, poison, and rot builds and faith also gains some from investment in it thanks to the dragon stuff, but not nearly as much.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sewer Mogh was a real prick

I never found snowfield Astel where are they? Though I didn't spend a whole lot of time there it was whack

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

verbal enema posted:

I never found snowfield Astel where are they? Though I didn't spend a whole lot of time there it was whack

SW corner by the madness ruins, which you should check out anyway because it's very odd and out of place in a good way. It's probably only mandatory for sorcerers and chumps using non-sombers because it's also a mine.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

verbal enema posted:

There’s a mine near the frenzy ruins on the west side of Snowfield. Bunch of high level stones and a couple alien guys, and a souped up Astel at the bottom. He’s a jerk but you get a good nuke sorcery for killing him

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ah i completely forgot about Niall after getting my rear end whooped so i see how i missed it lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
does the Godfrey Icon help charged spells and charged incants or JUST spells

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

verbal enema posted:

does the Godfrey Icon help charged spells and charged incants or JUST spells

Charged anything, I think it works on most charges weapon arts too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

No Dignity posted:

Charged anything, I think it works on most charges weapon arts too

Charged melee attacks aren't included right? That'd be the Axe Talisman

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Epic High Five posted:

Charged melee attacks aren't included right? That'd be the Axe Talisman

If it's a charged weapon art then Godfrey Icon will boost it, even if it's a melee attack. Normal R2s no.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

If it's a charged weapon art then Godfrey Icon will boost it, even if it's a melee attack. Normal R2s no.

Yeah, it's charged R2's specifically I'm thinking of since they're part of my stagger rotation with the GUTS sword. Both Godfrey and the Axe talisman are real workhorses if you build around them, Godfrey especially.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

off the top of my head arcane influences:

- item discovery
- blood loss buildup on bleed infused weapons
- poison buildup on poison infused weapons
- damage on occult infused weapons
- blood, poison, and sleep buildup on weapons that have both natural buildup (or the ability to buff with status resin) and arcane scaling, including occult infused weapons that have natural status buildup
- scaling for incantations cast with the dragon communion seal
- scaling for sorceries cast with the albinauric staff
- stat prerequisites and scaling for somber weapons that frequently have natural status buildup or unusual ashes of war
- stat prerequisites for clayman sorceries, dragon communion incantations, blood incantations

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 21, 2023

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

off the top of my head arcane influences:

- item discovery
- blood loss buildup on bleed infused weapons
- poison buildup on poison infused weapons
- damage on occult infused weapons
- blood, poison, and sleep buildup on weapons that have both natural buildup (or the ability to buff with status resin) and arcane scaling, including occult infused weapons that have natural status buildup
- scaling for incantations cast with the dragon communion seal
- scaling for sorceries cast with the albinauric staff
- stat prerequisites and scaling for somber weapons that frequently have natural status buildup or unusual ashes of war
- stat prerequisites for clayman sorceries, dragon communion incantations, blood incantations

- boosts holy resist
- boosts death blight resist

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Arcane stat with dual bleed twinswords. jump attacks makes enemies go brr.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Is Arcane still the go-to stat for Madness builds? I know the Dragon Communion Seal used to make Madness build up from incantations scale with the stat, and while I know the scaling got nerfed, I don't know how bad it was.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Technically, going by the stats, the awful platforming gauntlet in the path of madness was a harder challenge for me than Malenia was.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Technically, going by the stats, the awful platforming gauntlet in the path of madness was a harder challenge for me than Malenia was.

Y'all need to learn to measure your jumps by using backstep instead for that part. I can do it easy now by my second try. Big jump to corner, backstep, turn, backstep, yolo jump, done at the bottom.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Beat the game tonight - my first Fromsoftware game!

Great game, though by the time I hit the Mountaintops of the giants I was kinda in "let's finish this thing" mode. I agree with everyone else in that the Mountaintops seem to be pretty barren in content when compared to the rest of the game. I guess lore wise, it sort of makes sense but gameplay wise it seems empty and I think threw the pacing off which contributed to putting me into a "I've spent enough time on this game, time to cap it off and move on" mindset

Totally see why this would win goty - I really loved the challenge and how the game consistently surprises you throughout it's runtime. I never truly felt like I had "figured out" the game at any point, which means it forces you to stay highly engaged at all times.

I liked how it forced me to "get good", and gives you multiple ways to do that.

Also, my wife really loved seeing me die hundreds of times with the big font and sound effect on screen. She said it was payback for all the years I spent needling her while playing games.

Is there a way I can see how many times I died throughout my run?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Can you not use a summon ash against Commander Niall in Castle Sol? Just got there in a new playthrough and it wouldn't let me summon my guy. Could swear I've done so on prior playthroughs although it's been a little while.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

McCoy Pauley posted:

Can you not use a summon ash against Commander Niall in Castle Sol? Just got there in a new playthrough and it wouldn't let me summon my guy. Could swear I've done so on prior playthroughs although it's been a little while.

i been battling him all day and i havent had an issue

minus the times Oleg wants to fight the ghost knight on the opposite side of the fog while i get dogpiled

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Plassy down, just Malenia and the beast left before I retire this character for the DLC. I swear one of the best investments I made on this guy was getting the fingerprint and Lance to +25 and slapping Black Flame Tornado on the Lance. Break glass in case of Dragon. With the highest tier lightning protection spell and the talisman even its big nuke was only doing half my health lmao, just sat there hammering away at the bastard

McCoy Pauley posted:

Do you have a furled finger active maybe?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

verbal enema posted:

I got him down to 1/3 health on my first try :smug:

I never got anywhere close to that on my 2-7th tries before I realized that his probably wasn't the way to Dung Eater.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I gave it some more thought and remembered the boss that always gives me so much goddamned trouble that I keep mentally blocking it - the Caelid tower Godskin. Jesus Christ that fuckin guy

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Epic High Five posted:

I gave it some more thought and remembered the boss that always gives me so much goddamned trouble that I keep mentally blocking it - the Caelid tower Godskin. Jesus Christ that fuckin guy

gently caress that guy

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i dont know why hes so fuckin hard i havent had a problem with any other godskin fights except maybe the duo but even then i dont remember being as mad as i was on this playthrough

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I'm replaying the game for the nth time and finally realized the actual joke behind the "you don't have the right" memes. I thought it was just something one of the finger crones tells you, saying you're not allowed to take the Grand Lift of Dectus because you're missing a medallion piece.

The joke is that you literally have the left half of the medallion that most people find fairly early in Fort Haight. The right half doesn't show up until much later, in an area that is high enough level to scare most people off.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i dont know why hes so fuckin hard i havent had a problem with any other godskin fights except maybe the duo but even then i dont remember being as mad as i was on this playthrough

He isn't scaled to Calid, he's scaled to Dragonbarrow. So for the same reason the Bell Bearing Hunter up the hill is a monster so is this godskin. It's just really easy to be under level in Dragonbarrow.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lets Pickle posted:

The joke is that you literally have the left half of the medallion that most people find fairly early in Fort Haight. The right half doesn't show up until much later, in an area that is high enough level to scare most people off.

it's a weird twist of fate that the right half just so happens to be located next to the place most people are gonna race to on a new character after a few times through so that they can ice greyoll for the quick level boost

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Vermain posted:

it's a weird twist of fate that the right half just so happens to be located next to the place most people are gonna race to on a new character after a few times through so that they can ice greyoll for the quick level boost

The fact that its in the same location as radagons scarseal can't be a coincidence

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I thought you don't have the right was just a joke about permanently barred or painted on doors, as in you don't have the right to open this door. :shobon:

Especially the sing song versions. You don't have the right, oh, you don't have the right

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Its a core theme of the game, too. In that we spend a lot of time gaining the "right" to win the game by collecting boas kills or ringing bells or whatever. So "you don't have the right" is what the game is sort of saying to us a lot. It's a fun message to put down.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Epic High Five posted:

Do you have a furled finger active maybe?

That must have been it, as I went back, made sure it was not active, and then summoned Dung Eater to cause Niall to have a very bad day.

I can't say I've rigorously tested this, but the Dung Eater summons sure seems better about holding aggro than Tiche or the Mimic. I have all three fully upgraded on this run through and haven't yet found a reason to switch off of Dung Eater (except for the Rykard fight).

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Dung Eater is aggressive as gently caress but also quite resilient, and he likes to shoot those Omen homing missile things and apply his AoE debuff scream. He's basically always doing something to annoy everyone around him, so yeah, he makes a great tank

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

War Wizard posted:

He isn't scaled to Calid, he's scaled to Dragonbarrow. So for the same reason the Bell Bearing Hunter up the hill is a monster so is this godskin. It's just really easy to be under level in Dragonbarrow.

Especially because everyone and their mom goes to whack at the ancient dragons tail until it dies. I would be amazed if the % of people that have beat that "legit" is over 25%

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
The Caelid tower Godskin also ABSOLUTELY input reads to fireball your flasks more than any other boss I can remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I hate it when I do an action in neutral and ny opponent input reads by responding to it