Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
more like space jump boots on the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Have you, too, been unable to dash?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I beat the loving game without knowing how to dash?.?.?

No wonder it was so goddamn hard

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

mdemone posted:

I beat the loving game without knowing how to dash?.?.?

No wonder it was so goddamn hard

I played Fallout 3 without ever knowing that holding the A/circle button turned on a flashlight.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh my god half of Fallout 3 is just dark sewers and tunnels

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Oh my god half of Fallout 3 is just dark sewers and tunnels

And it has a day-night cycle! :downs:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Mister Facetious posted:

Wait until we find out next week that the hard copies are a limited run like 3D All Stars :ironicat:

Oh man that'd be great news. So everybody gets one.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

widespread posted:

I did it. All 100 Treasures. And I did my customary "sacrifice Wario to Rudy The Clown" bit.

Will I go back for all 200 Music Coins? Eh. But man, East Crater is like a really good stage for the whole "mysterious lookin' things leading to different areas" idea. Especially with that warp hole appearing after you get the Pickaxe.

And then I realized that Forest of Fear and The Warped Void are just in their own continuity. Like, every other place will get you something that goes somewhere else in the world. But those two? Back and forth between the two. Save for the Super Glove.

hell yeah, WL3 was one of my most-played gameboy games as a kid. i'd honestly love to see something like that for a modern system

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

What's stupid is that, in the tutorial, if you just flip the sticks back and forth a couple times, it spins up and takes off. When you do the same thing in the game, it just spins and doesn't go anywhere. I'm guessing maybe they changed it for the actual game maybe to avoid accidental dashes, but didn't update the tutorial.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

goethe.cx posted:

hell yeah, WL3 was one of my most-played gameboy games as a kid. i'd honestly love to see something like that for a modern system
I've heard that Pizza Tower compares to the Wario Land games, in both play style and aesthetic. Though I haven't played it myself.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Commander Keene posted:

I've heard that Pizza Tower compares to the Wario Land games, in both play style and aesthetic. Though I haven't played it myself.

It’s like Wario land 4 but you have the speed booster from Metroid and it’s one of the best games of the year

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll buy the Pizza game when it comes to switch

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Half my steam wishlist are games im keeping an eye out for on Switch.

Apparently B.I.O.T.A. is coming to switch and I find this out immediately after buying it on a steam sale.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Call of Duty with low poly chibi characters

Call of Duty but multiplayer is all Miis. Matches end with everyone shaking hands.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

How will 13 year old squeakers be able to tell me how trash I am at Modern Warfare if Nintendo doesn't do voice chat?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Waffle! posted:

How will 13 year old squeakers be able to tell me how trash I am at Modern Warfare if Nintendo doesn't do voice chat?

CoD MW starring Mario and Rabbids will have pictochat.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Waffle! posted:

The Switch does do voice chat. I know personally that Turok2 and Quake have it, for example.
(Personally in the sense that I implemented it for those two games)

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rocket Pan posted:

The Switch does do voice chat. I know personally that Turok2 and Quake have it, for example.
(Personally in the sense that I implemented it for those two games)

If you’re with Nightdive, I just want to extend a love letter to y’all and say you’ve been doing god’s work. Absolute best in class stuff. I’m personally looking forward to the steam release of Rise of the Triad.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Limited Run Games are doing a physical, and Collector's Edition, run of MOON. It's the same contents as the Japanese Premium Edition, but no indication of whether Moon Notes is localized.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

man nurse posted:

If you’re with Nightdive, I just want to extend a love letter to y’all and say you’ve been doing god’s work. Absolute best in class stuff. I’m personally looking forward to the steam release of Rise of the Triad.

:yeah:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

man nurse posted:

This, I had way too much fun with Shadowman remastered.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

I’ll buy the Pizza game when it comes to switch

I hope it does, I’d totally double dip on it.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I beat Mario 64 without knowing there was a jump button

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Astro7x posted:

Amazon, this better be a loving joke

Well my Metroid Prime shipment updated from March to Friday, so that's great news

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Happy No Man's Sky day to all who observe and celebrate.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1628394185018740739?t=vV7eTp29a31HExy4LDbsKw&s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I remain happy for fans of NMS even though I still find it to be inscrutable.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Waffle! posted:

Goons don't use in-game chat, the codec is garbage tier quality. Everyone uses system level party chat (console) or discord (pc), so you'll never hear them anyway unless you're solo queueing, in which case: what the gently caress is wrong with you; never play alone, only play with goons.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
PSA, my wife just got pushed an update on Tetris Effect that cleared all her scores and stats. Tread carefully if that kind of thing is important.

It's weird because she kept her overall account at level 100 but is at 0:00 playtime and everything is back to high score: 0.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

External Organs posted:

If you come at it as a "60s Sci-Fi novel cover art exploration experience" it's literally perfect.

If you're looking for an endgame, well....

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

If you come at it as a "60s Sci-Fi novel cover art exploration experience" it's literally perfect.

If you're looking for an endgame, well....

Inscrutable might be the wrong word. I just like my games a little less procedurally generated.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

External Organs posted:

I checked the game out again last year and it was crazy how much they've bolted on to this game since release. However, the ghost of the original design is still very much intact and it haunts everything else they're trying to do.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

External Organs posted:

Inscrutable might be the wrong word. I just like my games a little less procedurally generated.

Just pretend that all of the trillions of planets were hand-made by a group of dedicated artisans.

NMS friggin rips and I can't wait to check out the updated VR stuff. It was not my favorite, last time I checked.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ErrEff posted:

I checked the game out again last year and it was crazy how much they've bolted on to this game since release. However, the ghost of the original design is still very much intact and it haunts everything else they're trying to do.

Yeah I applaud the dedication to fixing up the steaming pile that it was on launch but it's ultimately a very empty game. A dozen different systems and things to do and none of them really interact with each other. Building up a mega base will only ever make you better at building up an even more mega base. Upgrade a capital ship and build a huge fleet of warships and send them on missions and all you get is stuff to make your capital ship better. Then you go exploring a planet and you're back to square 1. It ultimately gave me a weird solipsistic feeling and I became an existentialist.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There is a spectre haunting No Man's Sky.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

The game must have found an audience if they can afford to keep updating and porting it like this. Which is odd because the only time anyone seems to talk about it are days like today when everyone goes, "Huh, No Man's Sky just got another huge update/port."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It goes on sale all the time on console, I'd say it's still selling well

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

What's stupid is that, in the tutorial, if you just flip the sticks back and forth a couple times, it spins up and takes off. When you do the same thing in the game, it just spins and doesn't go anywhere. I'm guessing maybe they changed it for the actual game maybe to avoid accidental dashes, but didn't update the tutorial.

This may be it, because I do remember unintentionally blasting across the map a whole lot in the original PS2 game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

McCracAttack posted:

The game must have found an audience if they can afford to keep updating and porting it like this. Which is odd because the only time anyone seems to talk about it are days like today when everyone goes, "Huh, No Man's Sky just got another huge update/port."

the game got a huge surge in popularity after the “Next” update iirc

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

My copy of Metroid Prime Remastered is out for delivery, the long wait is almost over. Best Buy is somehow better at release day shipping than Amazon, I’ve had much better luck with them over the last few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

BigDumper posted:

My copy of Metroid Prime Remastered is out for delivery, the long wait is almost over. Best Buy is somehow better at release day shipping than Amazon, I’ve had much better luck with them over the last few years.

They seem to still do decently with video games. See also: Gamers Club Unlocked, where you could get fresh releases for 20% off no questions asked. As expected, that got killed. But despite that, I feel comfortable going there than GameStop.

Well, that and Fry's is dead and MicroCenter is an hour+ away.