Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Also I am completely on board with the horny fridge.

edit; goddamn snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Excuse me??

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
:eyepop:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Russian doesn’t really use the H sound, so when they encounter it in foreign names they often substitute it with a K

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I bought the 3D pulse headphones because if I'm dumb enough to pay $600 for VR Dinosaur Game, I'm going to be smart enough to pay $100 so I can hear where the dinosaurs are coming from.

And my review is that Astro's Playroom is even better than I already thought it to be. I can pinpoint exactly where the airplanes are in the sky from the beach by sound.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

“Please don’t put it in the papers that I’m on board with the horny fridge”

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
These papers are full of things we should never print

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kazzah posted:

Russian doesn’t really use the H sound, so when they encounter it in foreign names they often substitute it with a K

lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

Excuse me??

Hello, babushka. ;-*

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I have $20 I can spend at BBY, and I’m not sure what to use it on. I’ve got the new FF on preorder already at Amazon but I haven’t bought Ragnarok because I haven’t beaten the first game yet. Should I just get Ragnarok or pick up a preorder for AC Mirage or something? I haven’t played an AC game since Odyssey.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Don’t pay for Ragnarok if you haven’t bought it already and you’re not gonna play it immediately, it’ll probably end up on a plus tier in the coming months like hfw just did

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I would just buy Ragnarok and get it over with over preordering anything really. It was such a Fun game

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 22, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Eh, play the first one and if you’re itching immediately for More Of That then go nuts, otherwise in this brave new world of competing with gamepass it’s not an essential purchase right now imo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man I’m playing through Last of Part 1 Remake and honestly it’s got me all tense. These new visuals are so slick but gently caress man the game can become somewhat of a survival horror game lol. Especially when you’re fighting off clickers. And the new visuals are so good that it was getting to me.

Can’t wait to get even more scared by dead space!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
My friend and I are finishing up The Devil Inside Me co-op (4th installment of Dark Pictures horror anthology a bit like Until Dawn). This one is themed around HH Holmes and imo it is definitely the most well-written/acted of the four and a solid fun experience. After the first one was OK (ghost shipwreck) and the second one wasn't great (foggy colonial forest), the third one was a big improvement (soldiers in a tomb during Iraq invasion) and this one an improvement still.

I think Until Dawn is still king (haven't played Quarry yet but just snagged it for free) but especially with a partner sharing the decisions and tense moments there is definitely some good stuff to be had. We'll probably play through this one a second time to try and save the characters I liked.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Electromax posted:

My friend and I are finishing up The Devil Inside Me co-op (4th installment of Dark Pictures horror anthology a bit like Until Dawn). This one is themed around HH Holmes and imo it is definitely the most well-written/acted of the four and a solid fun experience. After the first one was OK (ghost shipwreck) and the second one wasn't great (foggy colonial forest), the third one was a big improvement (soldiers in a tomb during Iraq invasion) and this one an improvement still.

I think Until Dawn is still king (haven't played Quarry yet but just snagged it for free) but especially with a partner sharing the decisions and tense moments there is definitely some good stuff to be had. We'll probably play through this one a second time to try and save the characters I liked.

Definitely agree Devil has better acting than the first three. I think overall I’d rank it middle of the pack so far, but I’ve enjoyed all of them to varying degrees.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Kazzah posted:

or a G, which is how they got Gary Potter

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Elden Ring really has its fangs in me again. New character, lvl 60 or so, 15 hours in. Going up the back way to Altus Plateau even though I have the medallion. Im getting that platinum!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Wolfsheim posted:

I still have yet to find a weapon better than the bloodhound sword despite ostensibly trying for a faith build, nor have I found anymore smithing stones to beef up the rusty anchor into anything really usable.

If this sort of thing bothers you, then I'd honestly recommend checking a guide and finding out where all the Smithing Stone Bell Bearings come from. It's one of the few missteps I think they make -- it's very hard to get to play with different weapons because you need SO MANY Smithing Stones to upgrade each one. If you use all your Smithing Stone (2)s to make your sword +6, then you may never find enough extra (2)s to get a second weapon up off the ground floor. And there's nothing that points you to the Bell Bearings, as far as I know, you just have to either randomly stumble across them or just buy your first weapon an engagement ring because you're committed to it for the rest of your game.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Here's every demo/trial I was able to find for PSVR2 games. If you see any more, let me know and I'll add them to this list.

Cosmonious High Demo
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0503-PPSA12452_00-2863309401078551

Horizon Call of the Mountain™
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PPSA09555_00-HZVRCALLMOUNTAIN
Select "Trial" from the game options.

NFL PRO ERA Demo
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6514-PPSA14429_00-0801457669656113

Puzzling Places
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6978-PPSA14219_00-0930814246230118
Select "Trial" from the game options.

Resident Evil Village VR Mode Gameplay Demo
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-PPSA13750_00-DEMOVILLAGEVR004

Song in the Smoke: Rekindled Demo
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0319-PPSA13415_00-0123456789171727

[DEMO] Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge Demo
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1082-PPSA10231_00-3441775409750467

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

PSVR2 has a dedicated demo page which might also be in the main store, not sure didn't look there.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Yeah that's where I was checking, but the banner link for "PSVR2 Demos" wasn't doing anything when I clicked on it on PS5 for some reason. So I checked every game in the collection manually.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is Ace Combat a PSVR2 killer app?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Ace Combat 7 had content for PSVR1 but has not had any PSVR2 upgrades or contents announced for it.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The store on the console is such a disaster. Trying to figure out which games have PS5 or PSVR2 upgrades, whether they are paid or not, what version you’re picking - it’s all so clumsy and I wish they had made a solid plan before launching the console. It’s pretty sad we’re two years in and it’s still a mess.

I have no idea how the average non-permanently/online consumer will figure any of this out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

haveblue posted:

Explains why the game’s so popular with trace-enabling ray fans
This didn't get enough love hahaha

Also, the Horizon games have my favorite story in any game in years :colbert:

I had pretty much the same experience as Veeg, needing to know everything about the world, and I hope you have a great time with FW, VG! :)

VideoGames posted:

:prepop:

I just finished the DLC for the first game last night to prepare me for the second game and I had such a different experience to you.

I beat the base game in release year and had a blast - needing to know everything about the old world and the new world and was incredibly satisfied.

Then last night I got more information and some lovely reminders of things I had completely forgotten from that original run. It was the same feeling of realisation and desire to know more that I got back then.

I love the acting and voice performances of the cast - the Frozen Wilds was another level.

Also the data sheets and the audio snippets from the past are done is such varied and affecting ways.

I cannot wait to find out where the tale takes me in the Forbidden West :3:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Phenotype posted:

If this sort of thing bothers you, then I'd honestly recommend checking a guide and finding out where all the Smithing Stone Bell Bearings come from. It's one of the few missteps I think they make -- it's very hard to get to play with different weapons because you need SO MANY Smithing Stones to upgrade each one. If you use all your Smithing Stone (2)s to make your sword +6, then you may never find enough extra (2)s to get a second weapon up off the ground floor. And there's nothing that points you to the Bell Bearings, as far as I know, you just have to either randomly stumble across them or just buy your first weapon an engagement ring because you're committed to it for the rest of your game.

Good advice! I'll probably just stick with the bloodhound blade and tree spear since I hate looking up things unless I absolutely have to, but it's kinda funny that one of the game's biggest flaws is shared by Dragon Age Inquisition lol

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Harriet Carker posted:

The store on the console is such a disaster. Trying to figure out which games have PS5 or PSVR2 upgrades, whether they are paid or not, what version you’re picking - it’s all so clumsy and I wish they had made a solid plan before launching the console. It’s pretty sad we’re two years in and it’s still a mess.

I have no idea how the average non-permanently/online consumer will figure any of this out.

Somebody who drops $500 on this thing probably knows how to use Google.

During the PSVR2's setup process, I was given the option to download a few games demos that support VR, including RE Village. I popped in my old physical copy of RE Village and it kicked off a software update and now there's a PSVR2 icon next to the game. I went to the PS store, right at the top is say "PS VR2 is the next generation of VR gaming" with "See Games". I click on a game, and it tells me if PSVR2 is included, if it's optional, or if it's required.

What's such a disaster about that?

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

veni veni veni posted:

Horizon 1 has a competent, but pretty basic YA hero's journey thing going on but the backstory just gets more and more interesting until it totally hooks you. Horizon 2 is much sloppier, but I rarely didn't find it entertaining. It has a lot of good hooks but didn't totally deliver and I hated the ending, but it was still mostly good enough to keep wanting to play the game. Was just bummed cause I thought they totally shat the bed with the antagonists and the cliffhanger stuff.

This is all correct. The final boss and cliffhanger of HFW were so goofy, but I'll still play all these goddamned games. Killing/taming giant dino robots will never not be fun.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Excuse me??

I saw a clip of the first one and I assumed that it was a one-off occurrence. Turns out there's multiple of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j8c-l5f-Do

What an odd game. The scene just kinda ends weakly too.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Corb3t posted:

During the PSVR2's setup process, I was given the option to download a few games demos that support VR, including RE Village. I popped in my old physical copy of RE Village and it kicked off a software update and now there's a PSVR2 icon next to the game. I went to the PS store, right at the top is say "PS VR2 is the next generation of VR gaming" with "See Games". I click on a game, and it tells me if PSVR2 is included, if it's optional, or if it's required.

What's such a disaster about that?

Here's an example. When I go to Thumper in my game library, it shows PS4/PSVR on the game icon. If I click into the game, there's a card on the right that says "PS5 Upgrade: $4.99" with no indication about PSVR2.

Another example: The game card for RE8 just says PS4/PS5 and doesn't mention VR in any capacity.

Yet another - I now have two game cards for Moss - one says PS5/PS4 and the other one says PS4/PSVR.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Pulcinella posted:

Atomic Heart:
You can vacuum up crafting and upgrade materials, so you aren’t checking individual drawers, but then the developers went and added a million drawers to every room, so it actually takes longer to loot a room.

Hah, I've been watching a Let's Play and it's astonishing how they managed to come up with a cool feature and then immediately shoot it in the foot. I heard about that in previews -- awesome, you don't have to click on every single drawer to loot it, you can just hold the button and sweep your aim over everything to loot -- and I'm picturing the usual FPS rooms with like 8 lockers and two of them have loot and yeah, that's great! And then I see the actual game and they've packed every office with giant walls of like 60 drawers each so you spend more time having to sweep over the entire wall versus just going up and pressing X on only a handful of interactable containers.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
“that Russian bastard rifled through my drawers!”

“well, that that rude of him”

“I’ll say, I was still wearing them!”

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Our generation-long nightmare is over.

https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/1628439594898268166

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I already finished it though

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I remember really enjoying the main story in Horizon 1. Never played the DLC though.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lol me and a buddy were talking smack about this literally yesterday. Good on them!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Harriet Carker posted:

Here's an example. When I go to Thumper in my game library, it shows PS4/PSVR on the game icon. If I click into the game, there's a card on the right that says "PS5 Upgrade: $4.99" with no indication about PSVR2.

Another example: The game card for RE8 just says PS4/PS5 and doesn't mention VR in any capacity.

Yet another - I now have two game cards for Moss - one says PS5/PS4 and the other one says PS4/PSVR.

Yeah, I can understand why people would be confused, but they've made it pretty clear at this point that PS4/PSVR games aren't compatible with PSVR2, so it doesn't make much sense to be looking at PS4 game listings/sections to see their PS5/PSVR2 compatibly, does it?

I'm looking at the RE8 PS5 page and it is pretty clear that is supports PSVR2 for me:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/resident-evil-village/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Corb3t posted:

Yeah, I can understand why people would be confused, but they've made it pretty clear at this point that PS4/PSVR games aren't compatible with PSVR2, so it doesn't make much sense to be looking at PS4 game listings/sections to see their PS5/PSVR2 compatibly, does it?

I'm looking at the RE8 PS5 page and it is pretty clear that is supports PSVR2 for me:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/resident-evil-village/

The PS4 and PS5 listings are merged on the console store. This is sort of the root of the problem.