Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

engessa posted:

Or they give you a little leeway in the USA, who knows?
Dried Centerpiece
Wildflower Bouqet
Ambush on Ferrix
combined cost 179.97.
My order would not qualify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HootTheOwl posted:

Dried Centerpiece
Wildflower Bouqet
Ambush on Ferrix
combined cost 179.97.
My order would not qualify.

As I said earlier. They give you 1 cent of leeway. So the A-frame at 179.99 works. Pretty sure this has been posted many times before. I think I learned it here, as well.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Brawnfire posted:

Jurassic Newsies

Look at me, I'm the king of Isla Nublar!
Open the gates and seize- ah poo poo! Close the gates! Close the AHHH- *velociraptor eating noises*

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I got the A-Frame and an otter battle pack. I just finished up the Moving Truck and I'm happy that I waited for it instead of going for double VIP points. It's a darn slick little set! The way everything fits inside of the van is :discourse:

Tons of green tiger buttholes on the PaB wall too!

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I ordered the jazz club today to get the moving van.

Downside is I’m not allowed to assemble either until my birthday in April.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've got like half a dozen bags of Dots from pushing the price of my orders for free shipping/GWP qualifications.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Ooooh there’s rumors of a 3891 piece batcave coming in June. $450-500

Scratch Rivendell, gonna get this.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

I've got like half a dozen bags of Dots from pushing the price of my orders for free shipping/GWP qualifications.

is this the cheapest way to spend 3 cents?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

As I said earlier. They give you 1 cent of leeway. So the A-frame at 179.99 works. Pretty sure this has been posted many times before. I think I learned it here, as well.

:thejoke: of my post is that 3 cents is more than 1 cent.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Can’t believe our thread goon hasn’t even finished his sub yet and China has already cloned it. They worked fast! ;)

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 22, 2023

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Since when did submarines get windshields?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They do in China I guess.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My favorite part is the rating of 4 out of 7 on the difficulty index.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
OK a couple of things. First, I wouldn't build an SSBN because would you rather be the hunter or the prey? Exactly. Also that is a super small model. I could launch that for "DSRV" missions I suppose :)

To answer the windshield question, it's becuase the Russians are a bunch of lightweights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlhTjLLskHE

There are a couple of windows on US submarines, btw. It's one of those "trick" qualification questions you get asked. Window in the hatch to the engine room, window on the washing machine, etc.

edit: upon further review that cutout is pretty detailed at least

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 22, 2023

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Looks like we are getting a new UCS X-Wing. Promobricks leaked it. 1949 pieces with Luke with dual molded legs and arm printing and R2 for $240. I think I'm going to save up for this one since I don't have the old one.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

xzzy posted:

Since when did submarines get windshields?

wait until you hear about the doors on Polish submarines

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Rad Valtar posted:

Looks like we are getting a new UCS X-Wing. Promobricks leaked it. 1949 pieces with Luke with dual molded legs and arm printing and R2 for $240. I think I'm going to save up for this one since I don't have the old one.

I do like the old one but I'm curious what they can do with all the molds and 400ish more pieces. Makes sense as one to rerelease periodically, like they do with the non-ucs x-wings.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Dogen posted:

I do like the old one but I'm curious what they can do with all the molds and 400ish more pieces. Makes sense as one to rerelease periodically, like they do with the non-ucs x-wings.

I legit thought the USC X-Wing was either still available or just retired, but I'm apparently confusing it with one of the million small to mid-scale ones that got popped out over the last like 5 years

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Borsche69 posted:

I legit thought the USC X-Wing was either still available or just retired, but I'm apparently confusing it with one of the million small to mid-scale ones that got popped out over the last like 5 years

Yeah it was an early entry in the modern return to UCS Star Wars

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I hate the way the engines look on the xwings in the minifig scale ones, that use the car fenders/mudguards. It sticks out like a sore thumb

Best looking xwing imo is microfighter

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 22, 2023

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I'd rather it be a UCS T70 X-Wing than a remake of the Red Five. :/

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Both subs are awesome. I must have made 100 different ww2 subs when I was a kid.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Okay so submarines have windows, what about screen doors?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

This will be great. I bought an old version of the UCS Red 5 off a goon and the Postal Service destroyed it and lost half the bags in transit. At least they know they screwed up so making a claim was pretty painless to get a refund out of the Postal Service. But my UCS X-Wing is a collage of “official” and Bricklinked parts with missing stickers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

boxen posted:

Okay so submarines have windows, what about screen doors?

Of course they have windows. How else would they see the fishies?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
$240 for the UCS X-Wing feels like so much, really feeling these price increases. Feels hard to justify that when the GotG ship exists, is almost the same piece count, and costs $80 less. I still haven't convinced myself to bite the bullet on the UCS A-Wing.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Scipiotik posted:

Both subs are awesome. I must have made 100 different ww2 subs when I was a kid.

Oh yeah that Chinese model is cool, just very small. I realized that I came off like some kind of rear end in a top hat, which was not my intent

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Flyinglemur posted:

OK a couple of things. First, I wouldn't build an SSBN because would you rather be the hunter or the prey? Exactly.

Yeah, but nobody can crack wise about it being an "okay boomer" when you're finished.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Meaty Ore posted:

Yeah, but nobody can crack wise about it being an "okay boomer" when you're finished.

:allears:

You know what's worse than a Boomer sailor complaining about quality of life?

nothing

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flyinglemur posted:

Trying to make a round tube the size in making this was what was challenging me. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying though. Pretend I'm an idiot. :)

Sorry, I think I'm coming off ruder than I'm intending to be.

You basically already have a blocky submarine built, with cut-aways. It's even got smooth sides.
You could build a round shell for it and slide your submarine in. This would give you freedom with displays and cut-outs since you have these kinda C-clamps you could position for maximum postiong. Or that's the idea.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Ended up buying the Jazz Club several months early because the moving truck was too unique to not have in my city. drat you, Lego.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:magical:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cancelled.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Lego has had characters with physical disabilities for decades.

Seriously though, gently caress Fox News.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I don't know what they are talking about my figures were missing all kinds of limbs when I was a kid.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

having a missing limb is or anxiety is woke now? ok

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dogen posted:

Does stirring up anger about it drive engagement? If so, yes.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Yeah, outrage feeds the machine.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dogen posted:

Woke rear end disabled veterans. GET CANCELLED BITCHES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I build LEGO to deal with anxiety. So I'm kinda confused by all this. It's the only thing I've found that puts me in that mental state other than surfing. Surfing is clearly better but LEGO is a bit easier to do when you live far from the ocean.

E: and I deal with the anxiety of spending too much $ on LEGO by telling myself that I can always resell the stuff later to get my $$ back. Or most of it. Or even more in some cases.