Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Duck and Cover posted:

I just wish there was somewhere were cis white men could talk about video games without being judged loving pieces of poo poo can gently caress right off supporting JK Rowling is wrong, defending yourself by going ITS JUST A VIDEO GAME is wrong, you loving suck, you're indifference makes things worse. "Oh yeah sure I don't think people should be bigots but really it's you who are bad for suggesting I don't play a video game".

Like one idiot itt actually bought it, but having a melty over it is a great idea. You did your part today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's extremely easy to not play a game and also not talk about it :shrug:

The publishers are doing their hardest to rectify that.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Vic posted:

Like one idiot itt actually bought it, but having a melty over it is a great idea. You did your part today.

There is a massive marketing push around this game. Off the top of my head I can't recall any game that's been as heavily marketed as this. Imo it's appropriate to bring up every time the game is mentioned

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

change your avatar!!!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Vic posted:

Yep anyone who criticizes people for supporting a transphobe is having a melty. gently caress off. Video game players are such pieces of poo poo who when asked to do the absolute bare minimum lash out. Oh not playing the game is too difficult? How about shutting the gently caress up about it instead? No? How about not posting the whole "gawd shutup about this it's just a video game, who the gently caress cares ITS JUST A VIDEO GAME"? No? Yeah gently caress you.

I did my part? I'm not doing this for internet credit you jackass.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 22, 2023

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The combat is pretty fun, how you can levitate people and hit them with fireballs and stuff, it all feels pretty good.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

kntfkr posted:

change your avatar!!!

Fight me, nerd.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

Yep anyone who criticizes people for supporting a transphobe is having a melty. gently caress off.

No you came in swinging at everyone not mad about it as much as you and then told me to gently caress off. That's a definite melty.

Not supporting a transphobe is what I'm doing currently but you running around drawing lines for other people to not cross is preachy, annoying and also this is Wendy's.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I support the trans community. But they screwed up and chose the wrong battle with this one. And they are mad because not only is it a good game, but it is massively popular and they have just annoyed a bunch of people and turned people against them by having a hissy fit.

There were a lot of people who had no idea what was going on and just wanted to play a game. But now they are annoyed because a bunch of internet weirdos got mad at them and tried to ruin their good time because they couldn't separate politics from a video game.

I also think a ton of the outraged mob here on SA have been secretly playing the game. It's a game they grew up dreaming about and now it is here. The more outraged they act, the more likely they are playing.

Duck and Cover is for sure playing. A lot.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

wtf is this about self hating wizards dude

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Something awful is def the venue for social progress. Def.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Oh what's happening in this thread? :yikes:

Bunch of goons mad at a game they didn't even play.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vakal posted:

The publishers are doing their hardest to rectify that.

?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Issaries posted:

Oh what's happening in this thread? :yikes:

Bunch of people showing off how much they can be relied on to support trans rights. HTH.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Isn't there a trans character in the game? Coulda swore I saw something about that somewhere. Are there many AAA games with trans characters? I remember last of us had a character people wanted to be trans but was just a manly woman or something. Or am I mixing that up?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

MrQueasy posted:

Bunch of people showing off how much they can be relied on to support trans rights. HTH.

actually can't tell who this is talking about lol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Isn't there a trans character in the game? Coulda swore I saw something about that somewhere. Are there many AAA games with trans characters? I remember last of us had a character people wanted to be trans but was just a manly woman or something. Or am I mixing that up?

yeah there's a trans bartender lady in it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wait. Is Hogwarts really not a 7 year game? It's just 1 year? WTF. Why would they do that? Isn't the whole appeal of going to Hogwarts being a student for 7 years. Also, the game has no loving? What else are you going to do to live out your Scott Baio Zapped fantasies?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

If you play a game made for idiot children don't act surprised when people treat you like one

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Duck and Cover posted:

Yep anyone who criticizes people for supporting a transphobe is having a melty. gently caress off. Video game players are such pieces of poo poo who when asked to do the absolute bare minimum lash out. Oh not playing the game is too difficult? How about shutting the gently caress up about it instead? No? How about not posting the whole "gawd shutup about this it's just a video game, who the gently caress cares ITS JUST A VIDEO GAME"? No? Yeah gently caress you.

I did my part? I'm not doing this for internet credit you jackass.

The problem with the Harry Potter discourse is people falling over themselves to show they can do the bare minimum.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The game is loving bad and boring, but nobody talks about that. It's a bad game that is not fun to play. That should be the headline. Instead everyone picked sides on it and got real entrenched and im fairly certain nobody is even playing the game anymore

"Well I never even bought it!!! I am superior for not spending $70" and then other people saying "I bought it and it's 10/10 the best!"

my SO bought it because, I guess, if you ever read harry potter you're honorbound to give WB and JK Rowling money for the rest of your life. watching her play it I'm 100% certain that the best way to kill interest in harry potter would be to simply let people play this game because holy gently caress is it stupid and boring. i also think the best way to kill interest in harry potter movies is to simply let people watch the new ones because, holy gently caress, they are terrible

children shouldn't be allowed to enjoy things

except final fantasy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Opinion: trans rights aside, there is zero difference between Harry Potter and My Little Pony.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
something something bronies.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

When you're done flinging accusations of virtue signalling in response to criticism itt, be sure to hop over to the musk or trump thread to make fun of conservatives that react to criticism by accusing people of virtue signalling.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Opinion: trans rights aside, there is zero difference between Harry Potter and My Little Pony.

Legitimately, MLP fans are less embarrassing then HP fans. They also don't have legions of closet fans who feel the need to loudly and constantly profess how much they've never liked Rowling's work and how it was always racist/sexist/whathaveyouist while simultaneously having encyclopedic knowledge of the novels and of the extended universe.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Legitimately, MLP fans are less embarrassing then HP fans. They also don't have legions of closet fans who feel the need to loudly and constantly profess how much they've never liked Rowling's work and how it was always racist/sexist/whathaveyouist while simultaneously having encyclopedic knowledge of the novels and of the extended universe.

OK :shrug:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Having never watched My Little Pony and having read all of Harry Potter, I still feel like this is an insult toward the ponies.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I also think a ton of the outraged mob here on SA have been secretly playing the game.

I just assumed 90% of the pearl clutchers were posting ironically to stir up poo poo and didn't really care one way or the other, as per SA tradition.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Vic posted:

No you came in swinging at everyone not mad about it as much as you and then told me to gently caress off. That's a definite melty.

Not supporting a transphobe is what I'm doing currently but you running around drawing lines for other people to not cross is preachy, annoying and also this is Wendy's.

Oh no is somebody being preachy? Oh golly gee guess they should be quiet that'll make things better!

Waltzing Along posted:

I support the trans community. But they screwed up and chose the wrong battle with this one. And they are mad because not only is it a good game, but it is massively popular and they have just annoyed a bunch of people and turned people against them by having a hissy fit.

There were a lot of people who had no idea what was going on and just wanted to play a game. But now they are annoyed because a bunch of internet weirdos got mad at them and tried to ruin their good time because they couldn't separate politics from a video game.

I also think a ton of the outraged mob here on SA have been secretly playing the game. It's a game they grew up dreaming about and now it is here. The more outraged they act, the more likely they are playing.

Duck and Cover is for sure playing. A lot.

Look I support minorities I just hate when they make noise. You understand right? Like that's just a bummer and I just want to play video games I shouldn't have to think about how the sausage is made. Besides those people who are outraged or angry are just putting up a front and are definitely playing the game. Especially that person who is known to dislike triple A games, just chomping at the bit to be a wizard or whatever.

Duck and Cover is not playing. At all, you may not believe this because it ruins your narrative but that's the truth. What you fail to realize is even assuming your narrative is accurate it, it fails to take into account how important visibility is. Even the hypocrites are doing something positive by posting support for trans people on the internet. Even if they are still playing. Which of course by mentioning will get you to go "oh whelp I'm right Duck and Cover totally is playing" which is annoying but it's still something I think is worth mentioning. If you'd like https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983622863 which I'm sure won't be enough for you but whatever.

I liked the books just fine as well as the original movies.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 22, 2023

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
cool cool thread. way cool.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Duck and Cover posted:

I just wish there was somewhere were cis white men could talk about video games without being judged. loving pieces of poo poo can gently caress right off supporting JK Rowling is wrong, defending yourself by going ITS JUST A VIDEO GAME is wrong, you loving suck, you're indifference (not really indifference, people care a gently caress ton about consuming slop without being judged) makes things worse. "Oh yeah sure I don't think people should be bigots but really it's you who are bad for suggesting I don't play a video game".

Cool friend, keep up the good fight against the children’s video game!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Literally A Person posted:

cool cool thread. way cool.

Well it is the unpopular opinion thread ...

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The Pirate Captain posted:

Cool friend, keep up the good fight against the children’s video game!

Yeah media is totally not important and does not at all shape how people think. Wait no that's actually wrong. Also I'm pretty sure many adults are playing the video game.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

nobody cares about whether you're right or wrong duck and cover it's your weirdly aggressive/meltdownish posting style hth

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Duck and Cover posted:

Also I'm pretty sure many adults are playing the video game.

Thanks for the correction, I will keep that in mind when I make my Next Post.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Duck and Cover posted:

Yeah media is totally not important and does not at all shape how people think. Wait no that's actually wrong. Also I'm pretty sure many adults are playing the video game.

Harry potter is for children and the young at heart-- not adults.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

jokes posted:

Video games are for children and the young at heart-- not adults.

:hmmyes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty sure GBS is for children.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

nobody cares about whether you're right or wrong duck and cover it's your weirdly aggressive/meltdownish posting style hth

I think transphobic bigotry is good justification for it. It's not like that's on the rise or anything best ignore it and play video games. That's what gamers try to drat hard to do, and it's so loving sickening. Crunch? Eh who cares. Sexual harassment? Whatever. Transphobia? *yawns*. The issues aren't important, maintaining the "it's just a game" bubble is. It's so gross and I'm so sick of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Oh my God you're loving stupid. Any normal person can just say I won't buy the game because I don't like noted transphobe JK Rowling. Only a dumbass writes a treastie in a thread about children's entertainment.