Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

buy a cheapass dreamcast nd a cd burner and you'll never need an emulator

it's hard to beat the low price of free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

symbolic posted:

whats a good Dreamcast emulator. not for this but for Jet Set Radio

Redream works for me! Then you can load your legal copy of Jet Set Radio right up!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Fungah! posted:

got my dreamcast whn a roommate moved out and left it behind and immediately messaged kazvall (kaz...) to figure out how to get games on there and its literally just burn em to a cd. god bless sega

Kaz ftmfw. Sent me a Sega cd Genesis combo and 50 burned cds lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Give a man a Dreamcast and you'll feed him for a lifetime.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fungah! posted:

got my dreamcast whn a roommate moved out and left it behind and immediately messaged kazvall (kaz...) to figure out how to get games on there and its literally just burn em to a cd. god bless sega

They're idea for copy protection was to just have the disc hold more data than a normal CDR can have. This really only works if you fill up the entire disc with game data. Even then pirates got around this by stripping out some of the music if necessary to shrink file sizes.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

kaz was epic, wish he'd come back

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Major Isoor posted:

BTW is it just me, or does Max Payne's voice not really match his goofy expressions/face, etc. in the graphic novel cutscenes? Like, early on in the game some of the cutscenes show him joking with a colleague and he looks happy and kinda dopey, yet...he's got his trademark gravelly voice, while he's making a joke. Just seems a little weird to me, is all (I mean hell, I'm not even complaining about his ingame constipated face - that matches his voice a lot more than his graphic novel happy faces, IMO! :D )

That's what I loved about it lol. Sam Lake doing all these stock phot mean mugs in the graphic novel cutscenes while a dude who sounds like a depressed Kiefer Sutherland growls through lines about how a gun is the coldest object in existence

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

just found out my dreamcast library of 5 games is now the entire dreamcast library lmfao. hell yeah

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
flycast is a really good emu

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

flycast is a really good emu

reading this made me remember i DL'd it for Typing of the Dead so it shall be this one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rodbeard posted:

They're idea for copy protection was to just have the disc hold more data than a normal CDR can have. This really only works if you fill up the entire disc with game data. Even then pirates got around this by stripping out some of the music if necessary to shrink file sizes.

of such things are legends born

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

I bought a Dreamcast from Kaz and he sent me a binder with a shitload of burned games too lol. Extremely good dude

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

Bit hesitant to claim this as I don't know if there's a verbal cue. I was shooting an enemy, rushed towards it, and it had a black spot where it's head is supposed to be. I ran into it, knocked it over, and finished it off with my sword and I couldn't get a screenshot.
: Blow an enemy's head off without killing them

lol I've never played this so I have no idea but that sounds about right

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

dont worry everyone's going to lie about finishing this

I got the tude now posted:

that should be a pm, mods?

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anyway...

: Fill every slot in your inventory
: Beat the game

Absolutely godlike game. I unfortunately can't claim the plat because there were a couple of times were the game broke my brain so much I caved in and looked up hints. Definitely going to check out the sequel, might wait for a sale on Switch since I like playing platformers on the TV.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Anyway...

: Fill every slot in your inventory
: Beat the game

Absolutely godlike game. I unfortunately can't claim the plat because there were a couple of times were the game broke my brain so much I caved in and looked up hints. Definitely going to check out the sequel, might wait for a sale on Switch since I like playing platformers on the TV.

hell yeah dude!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

hell yeah dude!

Thanks for this pick, it's a game that I've been extremely intimidated about for a long time even though 'Vanias are totally my poo poo

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I'm holding out for a sequel pick for game club since I was stubbornly waiting to beat the first one to try it and could go in blind with imps

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

played five minutes of gundam and im going back to the less punishing la mulana

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I played for five minutes before work and got wrecked by the first enemy I saw because I was turning my head instead of my body. I swear this game is supposed to be pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I was sad that I didn't get the chance to get around to Max Payne but I'm perfectly happy to not touch this game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

I was sad that I didn't get the chance to get around to Max Payne but I'm perfectly happy to not touch this game.

same lol. i might fire it up out of curiosity though

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

: Finish the game

Game wasn't so bad when I got used to the d pad and double tapped to dash everywhere.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rodbeard posted:

I played for five minutes before work and got wrecked by the first enemy I saw because I was turning my head instead of my body. I swear this game is supposed to be pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

I'm going to turn your head instead of your body until it loving pops off.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Oblivion npc taking poison damage: gouf! gogg! dom! gelgoog!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmfao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'll grab screenshots when I get home but I finished la Mulana and immediately looked up how to get to the hell temple now that my blind playthrough is finished. I would love to know how anyone figured that out on their own.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I thought the mantras would clear a path through the tentacles but there's still tentacles everywhere

Am I missing something stupid or is this another high IQ part here

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

P-Mack posted:

I thought the mantras would clear a path through the tentacles but there's still tentacles everywhere

when you enter from the top theres a red part thats actually a ladder. it looks like background veins but its climbable

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

missing something stupid but id id the same fuckin thing. check for ladders

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

when you enter from the top theres a red part thats actually a ladder. it looks like background veins but its climbable

This pissed me off so much when I realized it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Okay I regret chuckling at all the people who didn't see the girders back in Tower of the Goddess. Thanks everyone!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i hate dealing with cds so bought a gdemu knockoff for like $40 and it works great

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Up to phase 5 of ? of what I assume is the final boss. I thought there'd be some confusing trick with the life/birth/vessel but that ended up being weirdly straightforward. Hopefully I can wrap it up tonight and reclaim some measure of sanity before immediately buying La Mulana 2.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

PREMIUM DISC MISSION DETAILS

Released at about the same time as the original game, the Gundam 0079 Premium Disc contains a bonus mission that can only be started with a completed save file from the Japanese game.

Fortunately you can download a placeholder save here:
https://gbatemp.net/download/mobile-suit-gundam-side-story-0079-rise-from-the-ashes-premium-disc-jp.37014/

This VMU editor will allow you to set up the save file:
https://segaretro.org/VMU_Explorer

I can't figure this out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I made vmu files for a couple emulators I guess I could send them to subactually when I'm home from work. It's a separate game disc you need to download