Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

grapes are at least a daily dump of friendship xp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

With the new perks for super high tower levels, I think you might theoretically be able to outpace your pet's grape juice production.

Possibly.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

well poo poo i'll leave it at 1000 grapes then lol

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
You also need several hundred wines for various quests, but yeah 1000 grapes should be more than enough to build up a stockpile. Unless you run into Better Late Than Never 4, a seasonal quest that expires in a few days and wants 200 wine, and you've just poured 400+ wine into A Way Back. Sometimes it seems that this game times such stuff on purpose.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
:siren: Honey at Borgen's Camp :siren:

I think that I can rid myself of Honey Jail indefinitely today.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

About that Honey jail bit...

More colors.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bunch of new quests. Also a quest asking for 1000 honey soooo

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

:smug: woke up like this.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Okay, I have rid myself of Honey Jail indefinitely if I plug my fingers in my ears and go "la la la" and declare that King of Cakes doesn't exist, which for _that_ reward for 1000 Honey, it doesn't.

(I have the honey but 1000 Salt and 1000 Butter ain't happening today.)

Also, asking for Gold Leaves and Gold Feathers is kind of funny when I finally handed 1000 of each over to Rosalie today for her Jubilee, so his rear end will have to wait.

delfin fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 22, 2023

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I also noticed it's King of Cakes 1. What're the rest of the rewards like? And does it require a higher cooking level?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

2 requires T100 and Cooking 20

3000 Eggplant
3000 Cabbage
3000 Gold Carrot

I need to make AP room first so I'll let you know what 3 is later today if someone doesn't beat me to it

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
2 is pretty decent. Probably should just breakfast boost / cookie it along with my daily rice.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Good enough. I'm not making T100 or (especially) 3000 maxinv in a month, so no need to power through KoC 1 right now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol I legit haven’t completed this quest yet because I can’t make enough room for the APs

Now this other quest wants 500 gold catfish

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

This is 3, just rewards an item and it’s the final one.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

widespread posted:

About that Honey jail bit...

More colors.

Does this quest continue? Or have significant rewards after this step?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xeras posted:

Does this quest continue? Or have significant rewards after this step?

It just added a new step today and I don’t think the rewards are significant but :shrug:

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

It goes up to study of color XII now

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

rafikki posted:

It goes up to study of color XII now

And I'm only on 9, because apparently 100 lemons is enough to study fuckin yellow

That said, 9 gets me 100 OJ/Lemonade/Carbon Spheres/Mushroom Paste. For 25 gold feathers/leaves.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

widespread posted:

And I'm only on 9, because apparently 100 lemons is enough to study fuckin yellow

That said, 9 gets me 100 OJ/Lemonade/Carbon Spheres/Mushroom Paste. For 25 gold feathers/leaves.

Yeah I’m on 9 but I am worried about giving up my honey as I have done no tower stuff

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Xeras posted:

Yeah I’m on 9 but I am worried about giving up my honey as I have done no tower stuff

Well look at your AC count and buy Borgen's honey today. I'm at 441, and I might be comfortable parting with the 25 needed. Moreso because excuse to lob bacon at the Exchange.

And I guess Level 5 Owl strats.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
AC is basically free, don't forget those large and small chests of it. Buy as much as you can if you're low.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Don’t think about it. Buy as much honey as you can today.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I went up to about 100 below max inventory, so around 1600 honey bought today. If ever there was a time for me to burn through hundreds of Large Chest 01s, this was it. I should be able to drop 200 into Strange Companions 19 tomorrow to make a little more room and avoid voiding, and I'll be cooking Sea Pinchers in the near future.

Unfortunately, 1000 of it will sit around for quite some time, as A Way Back 26 wants 1000 Herbs before I can pour honey into AWB 27.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Noticed the King of Cakes quest, saw I just needed some butter so I made the butter. Which used all my milk so now I can't complete it. I had also made some wine with my grapes because the reward from King of Cakes would've voided some so now I can't complete A Study of Color VIII until tomorrow either. Chucklefucks all around.

Give us more chickens and cows.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Yeah, butter sucks. I’ve been trying to convert my milk to butter as a last thing of the day and so far it’s paid off twice.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
So I had 150 gold, saving up for Orchard Land III. Logged in this evening and my gold is gone, but I have no memory of buying any other farm supply or spending it on anything. Has this happened to anyone? Is there a way to check an activity log? Should I submit a ticket?

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
Sorry for the double post but the dev got straight back to me on a support ticket. My fat fingers accidentally bought a fourth craftworks slot. I guess I'll make the gold back with GMs but I really wanted Orchard Land first (I'm close to 98 exploring and that last level will be a slog I reckon). Oh well! Dev gave me 30 oj for my trouble

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

Sorry for the double post but the dev got straight back to me on a support ticket. My fat fingers accidentally bought a fourth craftworks slot. I guess I'll make the gold back with GMs but I really wanted Orchard Land first (I'm close to 98 exploring and that last level will be a slog I reckon). Oh well! Dev gave me 30 oj for my trouble

You will get it back, and craftworks means you will get the GMs that much faster.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've fat fingered several craftworks slots before. It's just too close to the Add button for selecting another item, so more than once I wasn't paying attention and tap tap another couple hundred gold gone. I mean it's not a total waste so it's not like I ever went to support about it, but still it's not exactly the best positioning for that button.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I love how the game introduced sales on the gold perks, so now every time I think about buying them I'm like "I could just wait for a sale" and also the gold perks are now locked by grade so even if I wanted to buy the one that's currently on sale I'd have to buy three other wine expansions that aren't.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

I love how the game introduced sales on the gold perks, so now every time I think about buying them I'm like "I could just wait for a sale" and also the gold perks are now locked by grade so even if I wanted to buy the one that's currently on sale I'd have to buy three other wine expansions that aren't.

Well good news, the wine upgrades aren't worth gold! Same with the bank savings perks, they might sound good at lower levels but eventually they're worthless and you could've used that gold on something else

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Damnit George, I hid all my purple workshop poo poo because I thought I was done...

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Is there a decent guide for how to get your first million for the sawmill? I just started playing and it seems like a huge grind.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

GreenMetalSun posted:

Is there a decent guide for how to get your first million for the sawmill? I just started playing and it seems like a huge grind.

Follow this guide from the library on leveling crafting, it lists the best money makers per level of crafting

https://farmrpg.com/index.php#!/wiki.php?page=Crafting%20Advice

Then you can move onto Sawmill Silver

https://farmrpg.com/index.php#!/wiki.php?page=Sawmill+Silver

Focus on making and selling wooden shields until you get to crafting 20 and switch to Sturdy Shields.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GreenMetalSun posted:

What’s your in game name?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

MarcusSA posted:

What’s your in game name?

I think it's the same as their username, I just filled their mailbox with OJ

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

koshmar posted:

I think it's the same as their username, I just filled their mailbox with OJ

Seems like it is!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

... God dammit George. I NEED THOSE ANTLERS FOR NETS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

widespread posted:

... God dammit George. I NEED THOSE ANTLERS FOR NETS.

Peach juice that garbage.

edit: filled your mailbox with said peach juice