Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

B-Rock452 posted:

Even if you are a true believer, how can you look at a man who now owes a billion dollars and think it's a good idea to represent him. Every case has gone against him and he is beyond hosed so why would you risk your legal career lying for him or trying to cover up for him.

Martyrs bring in the big bucks. Norm is gonna be rolling in it before long.

Edit: And it doesn't have to be by being a lawyer. He's gonna run the well-trodden "i've been cancelled!" circuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Morter posted:

Martyrs bring in the big bucks. Norm is gonna be rolling in it before long.

Edit: And it doesn't have to be by being a lawyer. He's gonna run the well-trodden "i've been cancelled!" circuit.

Don’t you need charisma and speaking skills for that?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Norm is dripping with charisma. Haven't you heard his standup?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

rotinaj posted:

Don’t you need charisma and speaking skills for that?

Don't you need that to be a lawyer? :v:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

B-Rock452 posted:

Even if you are a true believer, how can you look at a man who now owes a billion dollars and think it's a good idea to represent him. Every case has gone against him and he is beyond hosed so why would you risk your legal career lying for him or trying to cover up for him.

If you pull it off you get your own "if the glove don't fit, you must acquit"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Norm was in court today for the Proud Boys, busy boy.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Norm was in court today for the Proud Boys, busy boy.

As their lawyer? Because lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, he's the lawyer for Joseph Biggs. Not sure who else.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yeah if you can get through representing Jones without being disbarred it's like the best advertisement possible for all those Qanon and right wing militia types that might actually pay you. You'll get more work coming your way than you can actually handle because the world is full of crazies.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, he's the lawyer for Joseph Biggs. Not sure who else.

This is my favorite part of the mess

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Dalmuti posted:

Norm is dripping with charisma. Haven't you heard his standup?

I can't afford a ticket. My woke insurance premiums have shot through the roof lately.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
lmao

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
if anyone wants to join my homosexual death cult, tryouts are in my PMs.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

teen witch posted:

if anyone wants to join my homosexual death cult, tryouts are in my PMs.

do you have any male prostates?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

do you have any male prostates?

Bend over and find out

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I thought cat boy was talking about furries for some reason, then i realized he meant

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

teen witch posted:

Bend over and find out

No one is touching THIS prostate until I'm 50 missy. Well maybe 45.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Please stop

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fine.

I'll pm you about it instead.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

with a name like yours i would think that you'd be okay with promoting regular colorectal exams

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A LIL SUCKY FOR ME BUT NOT FOR THEE

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

bird with big dick posted:

A LIL SUCKY FOR ME BUT NOT FOR THEE

Please don't plagiarize my tinder profile.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm working my way through the Knowledge Fight deposition episodes and I just finished listening to the Rob Jacobson deposition. I can't find this anywhere online and I haven't listened to the non-deposition episodes yet, but did Enoch actually face any sanctions or blowback at all from him literally trying to hijack a deposition before any questions had even been asked? Everything I can find from Google about Enoch and Infowars talks directly about Alex Jones and Infowars, and no mention of Jacobson's deposition.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Randalor posted:

I'm working my way through the Knowledge Fight deposition episodes and I just finished listening to the Rob Jacobson deposition. I can't find this anywhere online and I haven't listened to the non-deposition episodes yet, but did Enoch actually face any sanctions or blowback at all from him literally trying to hijack a deposition before any questions had even been asked? Everything I can find from Google about Enoch and Infowars talks directly about Alex Jones and Infowars, and no mention of Jacobson's deposition.

I don't know if they got it, but in an interview that Bill Ogden did he said they were seeking sanctions against pretty much every InfoWars lawyer except one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9RQ313fP4Q

This same podcast did an interview with Mark Bankston about a half-year ago after the initial Texas case.

Edit: I'm pretty sure he did get slapped with some kind of monetary sanction. The Texas court is still going through all of the pending sanctions cases that the plaintiffs have brought against all of the defendant's lawyers and after all of that, Judge Gamble is in no mood to give them any benefit of the doubt.

mojo1701a fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 7, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

mods have needs too.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

No actual Alex Jones news, but we've reached a new level of Wonkage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqD-hn_UzuI

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

univbee posted:

That was such a beautiful cap to their recent live episode, especially when the Star Wars cantina music kicked in.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

univbee posted:

No actual Alex Jones news

Saw recently that Jones is arguing he needs, needs about a half million a year salary in order to live and that's the chunk of his own assets the bankruptcy court should let him live off of.

I suspect (hope) that the courts will have a far lower number in mind about what it actually takes to keep Alex Jones fed and housed if not terribly comfortable.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Alkydere posted:

Saw recently that Jones is arguing he needs, needs about a half million a year salary in order to live and that's the chunk of his own assets the bankruptcy court should let him live off of.

I suspect (hope) that the courts will have a far lower number in mind about what it actually takes to keep Alex Jones fed and housed if not terribly comfortable.

Any more than $5,000/mo is unacceptable

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Nah, just make him required to survive off of his own products.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Randalor posted:

Nah, just make him required to survive off of his own products.

:metis:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

univbee posted:

We're approaching

MAXIMUM

OVERWONK

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Outrail posted:

Any more than $5,000/mo is unacceptable

IMO it should be the federal minimum wage. That way we might get to hear rich assholes whine about not being able to survive and the GOP may see done incentive to raise it to a living wage.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

funeral home DJ posted:

IMO it should be the federal minimum wage. That way we might get to hear rich assholes whine about not being able to survive and the GOP may see done incentive to raise it to a living wage.

:hmmyes:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

This implies they aren't aware it's not a living wage. They know and think that's a good thing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

FoolyCharged posted:

This implies they aren't aware it's not a living wage. They know and think that's a good thing.

They don't see it as a problem because it isn't their problem and never will be. If they see their buddies on minimum they might want to improve things somewhat.

Kind of the opposite of the I might be a billionaire one day.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Outrail posted:

They don't see it as a problem because it isn't their problem and never will be. If they see their buddies on minimum they might want to improve things somewhat.

Kind of the opposite of the I might be a billionaire one day.

The moment he's more inconvenient than useful he'll just be tossed aside. If they do decide to "improve" anything it will solely be by letting him take advantage of their own largesse, while warning that such a thing could never be possible for society at large, and that IN JOE BIDENS AMERICA THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!!?!!!;?

All the "hurr durr make the legislators live on minimum wage too" thing ignores the wealth independent of their nominal jobs, the ways to effectively legally bribe legislators, and the fact that they can always realistically just hire a proxy to "work" as the legislator with all the theoretical maximum scrutiny.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 12, 2023

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

funeral home DJ posted:

The problem with a minimum wage is that no matter how high you raise it, they're going to raise the prices of everything to match; who cares if you're earning $5000 a month if your cost of living is $4999?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Making more than the cost of living, you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

armpit_enjoyer posted:

The problem with a minimum wage is that no matter how high you raise it, they're going to raise the prices of everything to match; who cares if you're earning $5000 a month if your cost of living is $4999?

Source your quotes