Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/PuckPedia/status/1628503903347286016

lol the Coyotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya Friedman says this is to allow them to not be capped out come the summer so uhh they're trading for Meier aren't they.

Jonathan Tanner Miller will push them over the top

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1628505025357008896

lmao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

seems like the NHL should do something about that

feels like it's against the spirit of the thing

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Guess how many of the 3 are being paid as much or more than their cap hit?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Let’s make sure this team of dead contracts that’s only purpose is cap money laundering gets a shiny new stadium!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Dead contracts for a dead referendum. Lets go.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Jake Muzzin is going to retire as an Arizona Coyote next year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Goddamnit don't trade for Meier ffs, this team is not one winger away from contention

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Dead contracts for a dead referendum. Lets go.

LTIR FOR THE LTIR GOD. DEAD CONTRACTS FOR THE DEAD CONTRACT THRONE.

Also I can't watch Tyler Myers on the Canucks any more. Someone please trade for him or I'm going to kidnap him and ship him to a wild game reserve in Africa so he can be among his own kind.

grack fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 22, 2023

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
dysin mayo is a sick rear end name

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Dysin Mayo is maybe the whitest name I’ve ever seen.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

HookShot posted:

Dysin Mayo is maybe the whitest name I’ve ever seen.

The consensus first overall for 2024 is called Macklin Celebrini

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yes yes tell us more about your NHL 23 franchise

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ottawa just dumped Zaitsev to Chicago, paying a second and fourth round pick for the pleasure.

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1628547247133671426?s=46&t=FrvFIDo7P2wvDinp-gUxaQ

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

thats so expensive to get rid of a deal that lean

just picture how much the Canucks will have to pay to dump Myers' 6m per thru the end of next year

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
That's a lot of cap space they're clearing, so I can only assume they've caught Lamoriello's disease and think they're a contender, so they're going to trade to bring back Erik Karlsson.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

thats so expensive to get rid of a deal that lean

Less than it took for Kassian!!!

If the Oilers aren't getting Karlsson, The Sens should bring him home

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it rules that Pierre Dorion is gonna leave the cupboard bare for a core that’ll probably have trouble making noise in the East while the team is attracting buyers. bring on Chychrun, Pierre!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Less than it took for Kassian!!!

i'd never seen this trade before and jesus christ it's so much worse!!!! what the gently caress

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Sharks should keep Karlsson for now unless someone bowls them over IMO, if they win the Bedard Sweepstakes with Bedard+EK they could become a contender very quickly with the right moves. When Bedard inevitably goes to Chicago instead then they can move EK over the summer if they want/he wants.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

it rules that Pierre Dorion is gonna leave the cupboard bare for a core that’ll probably have trouble making noise in the East while the team is attracting buyers. bring on Chychrun, Pierre!

I for one am all for it. More teams should go absolutely wild NBA style to go for it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Sharks should keep Karlsson for now unless someone bowls them over IMO, if they win the Bedard Sweepstakes with Bedard+EK they could become a contender very quickly with the right moves. When Bedard inevitably goes to Chicago instead then they can move EK over the summer if they want/he wants.

On the other hand San Jose has to take the chance that some part of Karlsson explodes again, tanking his trade value for another three seasons.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

i'd never seen this trade before and jesus christ it's so much worse!!!! what the gently caress

Ken Holland likes to deal mid round picks for nothing

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
I still think they (and other teams going in the tank) should more seriously consider taking on 50% of these big contracts for a price. Karlsson at 11.5 for 4 more seasons is a hideous contract given the unlikeliness of him playing like this again. Him at 5.75 would be an insanely good deal. I know there's only 3 spots to this, but I would have been talking to any team in on Gaudreau last offseason or whoever the big FAs are this season and offering to eat 50% for the term of the deal for some assets.

The NHL should frankly get rid of the 50% limit and the 3-players-only-per-team limit, and they should add flexibility for retaining 50% in this year and then 25% and then 0% or something, too. More creativity please. I'd like to see Arizona stock their dump with a bunch of league-minimums and a bunch of cap hit ghosts.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

They should get rid of the salary cap

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, I'm a big ol EK stan but I don't see how his value will ever be higher. If you can get assets for that boi you get it done.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yeah, I'm a big ol EK stan but I don't see how his value will ever be higher. If you can get assets for that boi you get it done.

I have a more important question that just came to mind.

Have you seen Cocaine Bear yet, and if so, as an expert, what is your analysis of it ?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Haven't yet but it's got that cool guy from the Ikea tiktoks so imma say it's good.

E: I realize I'm obligated to give it a watch but p sure it isn't out yet. Lemme check on some :filez: real quicklike.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Cocaine Bear posted:

Haven't yet but it's got that cool guy from the Ikea tiktoks so imma say it's good.

E: I realize I'm obligated to give it a watch but p sure it isn't out yet. Lemme check on some :filez: real quicklike.

Whenever you watch it , please post a full analysis here.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Duckman2008 posted:

Whenever you watch it , please post a full analysis here.

Lol, will do! Once I'm done chain smoking darts while rambling at anyone nearby, I'll post.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1628475597142872064?s=46&t=uIESvj18f2NX5dVNrLeWFA

Cychrun is going to be on the trade block until he dies in the desert

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Better than milk I guess? https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35711900/seattle-kraken-select-muckleshoot-indian-tribe-jersey-patch

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

All I see is rear end when I look at the picture.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

All I see is rear end when I look at the picture.

AAASSS

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I’m horrified of Dorion clearing a bad contract to trade for an even worse one in Colton Parayko.

Please sell the team and fire this man, he is very dangerous

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yes please gently caress up your team making room for Kane Rangers, you are exactly where he belongs

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Wow a Naomi Wolf sighting and it upsets her. Now I need this to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yes please gently caress up your team making room for Kane Rangers, you are exactly where he belongs

:hai:

Tired of hearing rumblings that the Stars would consider him. Someone else please for the love of God take him off the board.