Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

ymgve posted:

post the most surprising game install sizes in your library

Not For Broadcast is a pretty niche indie game, but it's 50GB because it's all branching FMV stuff

Valheim is slightly above one single gigabyte

Dirt Rally 2.0 being 110GB is the most obnoxious poo poo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

ymgve posted:

Not For Broadcast is a pretty niche indie game, but it's 50GB because it's all branching FMV stuff

Valheim is slightly above one single gigabyte

I was thinking Not for Broadcast. What a great game

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The 7th Guest posted:

most of the discussion of atomic heart on social media is absolutely insane galaxy brain poo poo like "the game has geraniums in it, geraniums are the name of Russian strike drones. checkmate, Mundfish???" and intentionally mistranslating labels of canned food that existed IRL, and not understanding that a game set in the 50s/60s will have stuff from the 50s/60s in it

the game itself could just be a mediocre Bioshock clone that is too aggro and horny, but that's not enough for people because then it can't be part of the culture war, so people are just zooming in on poo poo and freezeframing everything to look for their phoenix wright OBJECTION!! moment

meanwhile I'm still waiting for them to make the subtitles readable by human eyes and not for ants. i can't read any of the poo poo in the game!!!!

yeah this has put me off for the moment, it's crazy how tiny they are

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

I checked out of the controversy as soon as I saw people saying sexy and horny robots were bad

Y'know, I could look past the black leather body suit robo ladies, but the unfathomably horny refrigerator really does make me uncomfortable lol.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You guys got a sexy fridge? I got one I have to stare at ceaselessly or bad things happen.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hi-Fi Rush also has a horny fridge, just saying

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXK-lvIa0KA

Decide for yourselves.

Like robo ladies? Okay, eccentric weirdo scientist would probably have some fembots yea. But this thing isn't even like trying to make clever-not-actually-clever innuendos, no, it's just the horniest goddamn thing in the world.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I eat from a big fridge with my wife

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I buy my games by the pound

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Shovelware? Sign me the gently caress up

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://youtu.be/gYXHnkhRwCY

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Decide for yourselves.

Like robo ladies? Okay, eccentric weirdo scientist would probably have some fembots yea. But this thing isn't even like trying to make clever-not-actually-clever innuendos, no, it's just the horniest goddamn thing in the world.

Being horny is not a joke

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

ymgve posted:

In the other direction: Kero Blaster at 4.5 megabytes

we really take all that hard drive space for granted

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Does the game let you gently caress the fridge eventually or is it a tragic scenario where the fridge wants to gently caress, but can not?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yeh but all they have there are bootleg knockoffs of Nintendogs

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Waste of Breath posted:

Bringing the Riven experience to modern day gamers.

(psst, please remake Riven)

vvv gently caress yeah! I thought it was kinda lost media!

:confused: It's been on GOG and Steam alike for a long while now. Aint nothin' lost about it. Except me in that loving dark tunnel. :argh:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Tiny Timbs posted:

Being horny is not a joke

This is my culture, not a costume

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Waste of Breath posted:

vvv gently caress yeah! I thought it was kinda lost media!

Riven itself is easily available, it's on both GOG and Steam, but they lost all the files they used to create the game and render it's environments.
The remake is being made from the ground up in realtime 3D! Probably in Unreal, since Cyan's last game and next game are running on it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Decide for yourselves.

the last time i met a dame this frigid, i married her!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Ulio posted:

My man is using vegetable pricing method for games.
Selling a zip bomb for infinite money.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

What are some fun stylish slowmo action games (newer than Max Payne)? I played through My Friend Pedro I had from some old bundle and had a blast. I liked that I could just do stuff that looks cool while being terrible at the game.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

FuzzySlippers posted:

What are some fun stylish slowmo action games (newer than Max Payne)? I played through My Friend Pedro I had from some old bundle and had a blast. I liked that I could just do stuff that looks cool while being terrible at the game.

Not exactly the same but maybe Superhot?

Feels like an underserved genre really.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
God's Trigger could work. I think it had slowdown powers.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

FuzzySlippers posted:

Severed Steel owns. It's like a mix between Hotline Miami and FEAR:
https://i.imgur.com/nfWQX5Z.mp4

also, play FEAR if you havent yet. It still holds up wonderfully in TTYOOL 2023:
https://i.imgur.com/ETQJSOF.mp4

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Mr. Fast

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

FuzzySlippers posted:

What are some fun stylish slowmo action games (newer than Max Payne)?

I remember Rollerdrome being generous with slowmo.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

That's a real loving strong sell. Going to add this to my Wishlist as I'm too busy with Atomic Fart, re-installing Gedonia, and also I just dusted off my Index this weekend so I should play more Skyrim VR...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FuzzySlippers posted:

It's a little different but maybe Heat Signature? You can pull off all kinds of crazy poo poo by slowing down or pausing the game.

https://twitter.com/Underscore_lord/status/912205677644333056?s=20

This is the player entering through a forcefield window onto an enemy ship. An armored guard spots him and shoots, but while the bullet is mid-flight the player uses a device called a Swapper to switch places with the guard. The bullet bounces off his armor with that comical "ping" sound, but the impact is enough to send him backwards through the forcefield into the vacuum of space.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

ymgve posted:

In the "i'll get back to this some day purposes" category, Runescape remains an easy hold onto game at 3.74 gigs. Likewise, I'm amazed at how much they cram into Dyson Sphere Program's 2.99 gigs, especially considering that the game keeps track of all those planets in a particular system.

Contrarily, I didn't realize that the full version of Titan Quest takes 14.34 gigs, which feels like a lot relative to what it is.

Rome Total War is also 3.74 gigs, which doesn't feel spectacular one way or the other except for how it reminds me that back in the day, getting that installed used to be a massive undertaking involving 3 CD-ROMs, which you had to swap out during the installation process, and took what felt like forever (to a kid).

Jossar fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 23, 2023

Weedle
May 31, 2006

mgs 5 ground zeroes is a pretty small game content-wise but my eyes still popped when i saw it installs at under 3 gb

Jossar posted:

Rome Total War is 3.74 gigs, which doesn't feel spectacular one way or the other except for how it reminds me that back in the day, getting that installed used to be a massive undertaking involving 3 CD-ROMs, which you had to swap out during the installation process, and took what felt like forever (to a kid).

installing all 4.7 gb of gta san andreas from dvd and thinking there could never be a bigger game, in file size or amount of stuff

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Jossar posted:

Likewise, I'm amazed at how much they cram into Dyson Sphere Program's 2.99 gigs, especially considering that the game keeps track of all those planets in a particular system.

Isn't Dyson Sphere Project the one where an endgame safe file is like 20GB?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

goferchan posted:

Thumbs don't leave the sticks :colbert:

Returnal got me (only for the tough bosses) with a thumb on each stick and a finger on each r/l bumper button and a separate finger on each trigger. It's the only way to survive some of the bosses. I bound jump and dodge to the bumper buttons. Idk if that's the right term.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Weedle posted:

mgs 5 ground zeroes is a pretty small game content-wise but my eyes still popped when i saw it installs at under 3 gb

installing all 4.7 gb of gta san andreas from dvd and thinking there could never be a bigger game, in file size or amount of stuff

GTA 4 is 22GB and you can't even work out and get swole. Some bullshit. :colbert:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Kazzah posted:

Hmmm, guess that might illustrate a problem here where the game itself is relatively small but could generate huge savefiles.

But I suppose, that in and of itself is an interesting discrepancy!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FuzzySlippers posted:

Jumping on this, has anyone played The Hong Kong Massacre? Looks like Hotline Miami mixed with John Woo.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Kazzah posted:

Tangentially related, I was recently clearing up disk space and realized that I had over 40gb of Rimworld saves :psyduck: (Not even cloud saves, Steam says I have no cloud saves)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

https://i.imgur.com/nfWQX5Z.mp4

That looks like what I wish max payne played like.

Jumping up to slowly fall down in bullet time gets loving tedious

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Thanks for all the great suggestions

goferchan posted:

It's a little different but maybe Heat Signature? You can pull off all kinds of crazy poo poo by slowing down or pausing the game.

I had forgotten about this game! I enjoyed it a bit at release and then it fell off my radar. It's not deck verified but it's supposed to be playable so I need to install it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Did someone say horny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Returnal Is really an amazing game from the looks, sounds design, guns, everything except for the part where I have to play the same level over and over. Part of it may be that I am bad, but I think I have played about 3 hours and am about done. Not a big fan of the meta progression type games like this.

Rusty fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 23, 2023