Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why wouldn't one :confused:

idk man , just feels like something the neighborhood kids would roast me for if I mentioned it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why wouldn't one :confused:

they should be playing ridiculous fishing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

idk man , just feels like something the neighborhood kids would roast me for if I mentioned it

I don't talk to the neighborhood kids about what I do while I'm on the bog, anyway.

Zvahl posted:

they should be playing ridiculous fishing

That's not how you spell Pro Pilkki 2.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't talk to the neighborhood kids about what I do while I'm on the bog, anyway.

I see all those threatening messages from Perverted Justice had the desired effect, then

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Doggles posted:

https://twitter.com/Rovio/status/1627956351002443778

You're spending so much time playing the old version of our game without microtransactions that it's literally killing our company. :qq:

It's weirdly refreshing that they just came out and said it at least I guess

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah maybe 10 years ago. Kids now have no idea what Angry Birds is.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Who cares, if you like it play it. I'll still pull out 2048 for a few minutes of fiddling if I'm waiting for something

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Who cares, if you like it play it. I'll still pull out 2048 for a few minutes of fiddling if I'm waiting for something

Some days ago I was in the emergency room from around 17 to a bit after 1, mostly waiting around of course, and I'd brought a pocket book but I couldn't focus on the text*. So 2048 saved my sanity pretty much.

*) Yeah I'm old and should get glasses but also my BP was almost 180/110.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Some days ago I was in the emergency room from around 17 to a bit after 1, mostly waiting around of course, and I'd brought a pocket book but I couldn't focus on the text*. So 2048 saved my sanity pretty much.

*) Yeah I'm old and should get glasses but also my BP was almost 180/110.

my mom said hers got up to 240/140 at the dentist one time, mine was almost as bad at the doctor's bc of whitecoat hypertension which I didn't know was a thing til last year

now i'm on old man blood pressure medicine and am at 120/60 most of the time despite being a huge fat sack of poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I could've sworn the original Angry Birds had mtx, albeit at the much lower level most things had it back then when the boundaries were still being tested

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/strickdc/status/1628371332059607040

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

wow, amazing hard worth ethic from this young american boy. this is the kind of gumption that... wait..

says he's a... *checks notes* migrant worker...

well there you go: another job stolen by migrant labor that could have gone to hard working american 7th grader. whats this country coming to?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there are huge numbers of kids from Central America working all over the USA under the table

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Dungeon Ecology posted:

wow, amazing hard worth ethic from this young american boy. this is the kind of gumption that... wait..

says he's a... *checks notes* migrant worker...

well there you go: another job stolen by migrant labor that could have gone to hard working american 7th grader. whats this country coming to?

The term 7th grader is actually anti labour since it implies that kids that age should always go to school instead of doing something productive.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

tokin opposition posted:

Osmos was my fave, and it hasn't been on the play store for years, but I still find it maybe once a year.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I played angry birds back in october, it was installed on the airplanes in game entertainment system thing. And that's my story.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

euphronius posted:

there are huge numbers of kids from Central America working all over the USA under the table

Once they're fully grown it's harder to fit under the table

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1628163384100134912?t=UiDdEFo0oQaTfg5LV-ETOA&s=19

So many FICO defenders in the comments.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Today I got my raise which clearly shows the percentage as 2.19% of the total base.

Then I did a cursory google search and found out that inflation was 6.5% in 2022.

That can't be right. That would mean I'm making.... less money? The absolute gently caress? Someone get me my manager's manager.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Today I got my raise which clearly shows the percentage as 2.19% of the total base.

Then I did a cursory google search and found out that inflation was 6.5% in 2022.

That can't be right. That would mean I'm making.... less money? The absolute gently caress? Someone get me my manager's manager.

I also got 2%, and told my managers manager that I was deeply unimpressed because of inflation, and she was all "yeah I know it sucks, wish there was something I could do about it, inflation's about 14% here [implying she was also suffering]". I know for a fact she makes north of 400k+ annually.

If it wasn't for the fact that I make decent money at a job I can quarter-rear end from home, I would actually make an effort to jobsearch.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
start giving everyone in the company equal amounts of dollar value raises, such as everyone gets a 10k raise, not 3%, until the low end and high end get more equitable

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
my department got an 8% bump in budget which left me with about 100k increase in payroll for 22 people. everyone of my people deserves more and it sucks trying to stretch it to everyone. why won’t anyone think of the managers???

lol jk gently caress it use all your sick, personal and vacation days every year. our stock is near all time high. work as little as possible.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Adjust your output accordingly. 2 years of inflation nearing 10% here with raises of between 2-4% and the company nixxed our pensions in favor of a bigger 'profit sharing contribution' to our 401ks (which this year with record profit was set at 3% of salary).

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm in a new role at my job that is non-union but I leveled with my coworker and told him my salary and he's like "wow that's way more than i make."

dude works super hard and just gets dicked

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I'm in a new role at my job that is non-union but I leveled with my coworker and told him my salary and he's like "wow that's way more than i make."

dude works super hard and just gets dicked

you did good

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Failed Imagineer posted:

I also got 2%, and told my managers manager that I was deeply unimpressed because of inflation, and she was all "yeah I know it sucks, wish there was something I could do about it, inflation's about 14% here [implying she was also suffering]". I know for a fact she makes north of 400k+ annually.

If it wasn't for the fact that I make decent money at a job I can quarter-rear end from home, I would actually make an effort to jobsearch.

Same here, I got 5% but also live in Seattle, home of the 2k/mo studio apartment. Unfortunately I loving hate my boss and have zero professional development opportunities so I'm actively job searching. Id rather work more than have to deal with a boss that's afraid of using scripts to do simple tasks.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah it's ridiculous that promotions or even just hopping from company to company is the only way to get a competitive non-union wage. I put 10 years in a place and was making almost half the market rate for my position when I left, and they seriously balked and felt I was bluffing when I was on my way out. Probably because around the 5 year mark it took me getting another offer to get anything resembling a real raise. Previously it was something like a sub 1% raise on years where I perfomed well.

Lmao capitalism rocks

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Yeah, when I heard they were employing "kids" I honestly thought, "15 -16 year olds".

Not that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Why would you not assume the worst

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I' m more shocked at the full set of ppe tbh

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why would you not assume the worst

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I' m more shocked at the full set of ppe tbh

its so its harder to identify the worker as a literal child from a distance

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

blatman posted:

its so its harder to identify the worker as a literal child from a distance

yep

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Is child ppe cheaper than adult ppe

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

tokin opposition posted:

Yeah but they outgrow it so fast.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Honestly it's probably safer than going to school

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

am I reading this chart wrong or does the dark blue/worst score average out to about 700? I mean that’s not an impeccable score or anything but it’s by no means bad, I would have legit expected poor areas to be like 600 or below.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

PoundSand posted:

am I reading this chart wrong or does the dark blue/worst score average out to about 700? I mean that’s not an impeccable score or anything but it’s by no means bad, I would have legit expected poor areas to be like 600 or below.

I'd check but then I'd have to read the wsj

E: wapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

tokin opposition posted:

both are cheaper than correct ppe