Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
yo this comic loving rules right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
like oh word, amateur spinal surgery in an extremely nonsterile warehouse is an insanely bad idea?

drat if only there was a professional surgeon all the main characters knew and were on good terms with

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I can't believe Annie is gonna kill Kat

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
Bring back coyote

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The script says I need you two to do this surgery even though it makes little sense, so lets do it we gotta wrap this thing up by 5

God it’s all so dumb

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Captain Oblivious posted:

The script says I need you two to do this surgery even though it makes little sense, so lets do it we gotta wrap this thing up by 5

God it’s all so dumb

You'd think she would just use a remote-controlled mechanical robot arm to do it herself. The whole thing just feels incredibly contrived for drama.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Splicer posted:

First time I've unironically enjoyed the comic in a while!

There's actual stuff happening, with real stakes, and I actually want to see what happens next! Wow!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Captain Oblivious posted:

God it’s all so dumb

GunnerJ posted:

There's actual stuff happening, with real stakes, and I actually want to see what happens next! Wow!

somehow, i agree with both of these posts

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

DontMockMySmock posted:

somehow, i agree with both of these posts

:same:

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

lmfao

honestly I don't even care about the "it's very dumb to not call for help" thing because like, they are teens. it's pretty normal to me that they'd be like "OH GOD TAKE IT OUT HURRY" when for all they know kat is about to die if they don't. I also doubt kat would've asked tony to do it in the first place because it's very possible he would've refused (and he's also more connected to the court and omega, which kat has said she is hacking into and using for her own needs, tony may not be Down With That). She specifically said she asked Paz and Annie to do it because she trusts them.

Like yeah it's dumb but in a way that, at this point, is easily enough handwaved away by "teenagers are stupid". I am genuinely very excited to see where this is going for the first time in a while, it owns.

As someone said, let Tom cook

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GunnerJ posted:

Yeah I was typing stuff and felt I had to explicitly express that this was enjoyment not mockery.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Haven't read it yet but I really hope it's something of a scene from In Bruges

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Interested to see where this is going!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
This is so loving stupid, the buildup was so dumb, and yet this is still the best the comic has been in a good long while, at least poo poo that matters to people who matter is happening on screen!

Of course, I'm expecting some sort of major anticlimax since that's been the comics style for a while, but maybe the desire to fast forward the plot will when out and this will actually mean something! I am genuinely interested in discovering what happens next, even if it's for all the worst reasons.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
going forward the comic should have people's head randomly explode every chapter, adds some spice

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

YaketySass posted:

going forward the comic should have people's head randomly explode every chapter, adds some spice

Loup's new head-exploding power has made him far more intimidating.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

So was the chip supposed to be like, hardwired into her nervous system? Or just close enough to it that it works through it?

I'm half expecting them to cut into her and find something like this:

Because that one ended up growing, as though organically, into that strange structure that has still been unexplained:

So maybe the robots' belief in her and all the bio-android technology she's developed all coalesced together when it was activated, making her into the machine-god we've known she is supposed to become for years? And once that machine-god exists, Kat has "always" had the robo-body (kind of like how Coyote objectively hung the moon in the sky, even though Jones confirms it was there before he existed).

Then her mind takes over the court network, controls all the robot bodies as zombies and activates something deadly with Omega while it's pointed right at Zimmy, either unknowingly or because of hubris.

It feels like it could be a logical payoff to all those years of buildup. Like the tic tocs reveal, it would be a clunky and abbreviated way to incorporate a likely very old story outline into what the comic has become. That said, I never know what to expect from it anymore and it's probably just wishful thinking. But hey, consequential things are happening with the main characters! I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Finally some death and danger in a comic about death

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
If a psychopomp shows up right now it would redeem at least 20 of the previous pages for me.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011
very excited for yet another sudden huge build up to never pay off and suck all the tension out of the comic again. can't wait to learn how i'll be disappointed this time.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Loup saves Kat with the power of kiss. Lana mad about two timing. Boxbot ends the chapter with a diss track.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

coolusername posted:

If a psychopomp shows up right now it would redeem at least 20 of the previous pages for me.

Well, Annie is there. So...

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

LMFAO

I was torn between being vaguely interested in where this was going and baffled with the weird tonal shifts, but the explosion and Kat's face as she collapses are great.

I don't even really dislike Kat but :newlol: hell yeah blow up her brainstem why not

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

It's plot, and it's happening onscreen

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

It could be anything from goofy moment to Kat dead to anything in between, no way of knowing yet!
So you’re saying she’s Schrödinger’s Kat

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wow no blood.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ditocoaf posted:

It's plot, and it's happening onscreen
Gunnerkrigg Court: It has been [2] updates since we made of it what we will

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Tom writes what he must and goons make of it what they will

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Splicer posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court: It has been [2] updates since we made of it what we will

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

so long suckers! i blow up my science wand and create a mild cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates im lying completely dead on the pavement

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Annointed posted:

Finally some death and danger in a comic about death

it is odd how little that has come up since Jeanne got stuffed six years ago

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

YaketySass posted:

Whenever you've written yourself into a corner, have someone walk into the room with an exploding head - Raymond Chandler

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

ronya posted:

it is odd how little that has come up since Jeanne got stuffed six years ago

No. No way. No way it's been six yea-

8 Feb 2017 | 12:00 AM
Bonus Page 60: Together At Last

How?!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
They hear Kat’s voice from a nearby monitor as she says “Chill out guys, that’s what was supposed to happen! Haha didn’t I warn you?”

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Fecha posted:

They hear Kat’s voice from a nearby monitor as she says “Chill out guys, that’s what was supposed to happen! Haha didn’t I warn you?”

Refresh the page.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider