Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mega Comrade posted:

She seems strong if you engage on her terms. A good mei will try and pick fights in small spaces, or retreat inside, don't chase her, you'll lose.

im just bitter

went against a mei bridgette and orissa mega aggro team and it was hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Even though the Orisa supremacy is over I still think they need to rework one of her abilities.
A lot of the time Killing her is a matter of waiting for her to gently caress up her cool down timings rather than out playing her. She's got an answer for almost every hero ability thrown at her.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Random idea:
There should be a Support hero that can debuff specific enemies to have shots against them have slight magnetism, so that if you miss them a little normal then you'd actually hit them if they're debuffed.

It would be fairly useless in high ranks, I imagine, but in lower ranks it would balance out the dps heroes that are just countered by shooting them. Those heroes are particularly strong there since nobody in low ranks can hit poo poo.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

effectively increasing a character's hitbox even a little would be massively beneficial at all ranks because of how evasive ad strafing can be. at higher ranks not only can players aim better, they are also much more evasive.

the insane movement of ad strafing is why ow hitboxes are already quite a bit bigger than the actual character model

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 22, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

It's interesting in the Reddit AMA that they mentioned coding systems to change hitbox sizes, specifically on Junkrat's projectiles. The idea being that their hitbox gets smaller after bouncing off a surface, so spam is easier to dodge.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I'd love that. Getting rear end blasted by a random junk bounce that really didn't look like it was close enough for splash (let alone direct) loving sucks!

BabyRyoga posted:

You don't think reducing a character's advanced movement capabilities by like 40% makes the character less fun?

dogstile posted:

Yeah i think shes way more fun. Less fun in the "bullshit buzzing about sense" but now she's important
I don't see the compromise: Mercy is fun to play when she can zip around maintaining team momentum with spot heals and boost, but it turns out a hypermobile reverse zen with an undo button is rather frustrating to play against!

I always thought it would be res that finally gets us Mercy 3.0, but maybe blue beam bitchcraft will end up pushing the community over the edge instead.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Be nice if Mercy's hitbox was more than 5mm wide

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Just means you shoot her first. It's nice that she's impactful and targetable.

Otherwise we're back to "oh hey ignore mercy and just burst her DPS because you can't hit her while she practices maxing her APM"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm convinced Mercy has an invisibility passive, ala Sombra, that's only active when I'm playing anything Moira (that doesn't have enough DPS output to stop Mercy from reviving).

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

The problem I have with that (although the nerf to her movement has helped) in some maps she has a lot of vertical cover.

I don't play her so can someone explain if her healing/powering people through walls is a visual glitch? Or just maybe something she can only do temporarily?
Cos all the time I cause her to back off and break line of sight with the phara but the beam is still there, going through a wall and she's still empowered.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 22, 2023

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's intended, originally I think it was to stop lamps and poo poo breaking the connection but now good players use it to break los and still be healing

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's interesting in the Reddit AMA that they mentioned coding systems to change hitbox sizes, specifically on Junkrat's projectiles. The idea being that their hitbox gets smaller after bouncing off a surface, so spam is easier to dodge.

I love this change. Junkrat's spam is one of those abilities (like Cassidy's mag grenade) that isn't OP by any means but is certainly annoying to play against

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Pattonesque posted:

I love this change. Junkrat's spam is one of those abilities (like Cassidy's mag grenade) that isn't OP by any means but is certainly annoying to play against

To be clear, it's something that they're working on, not something that has been put in place.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

The problem I have with that (although the nerf to her movement has helped) in some maps she has a lot of vertical cover.

I don't play her so can someone explain if her healing/powering people through walls is a visual glitch? Or just maybe something she can only do temporarily?
Cos all the time I cause her to back off and break line of sight with the phara but the beam is still there, going through a wall and she's still empowered.

She can maintain connection for a short amount of time after losing los which means a good mercy will peak around the corner every so often to reset it. This minimizes the time she is exposed to enemy fire which is like 60% of mercy play.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The "short amount of time" is 3 seconds, afaik. So she can stand behind cover only peeking out once every 3 seconds.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

they should give Mei her freeze back

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
OW twitter posting feet

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1628464368949121024

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

The "short amount of time" is 3 seconds, afaik. So she can stand behind cover only peeking out once every 3 seconds.

1.3 seconds, so less than half that.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Where's Tyrone when you need him

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The worst thing about the lulls in the matchmaking is that those games end up being the worst loses imaginable. Just imagine playing all role with your friends for the first time to just get rolled by a team whose lowest elimination is 30 and your highest is 8. Wish there was a "Surrender" button because that was aggressively unfun.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Jimbot posted:

The worst thing about the lulls in the matchmaking is that those games end up being the worst loses imaginable. Just imagine playing all role with your friends for the first time to just get rolled by a team whose lowest elimination is 30 and your highest is 8. Wish there was a "Surrender" button because that was aggressively unfun.

League style surrender votes would be the worst.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, probably would. Sometimes you just want the match to end because you get shut out so completely that nothing gets accomplished.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
A ton of my games lately have been control matches where we get rolled 100-0 in the first round, come back in the 2nd 100-99, then blanking the other team in the third round. Making a swap and coming back is one of the most satisfying feelings in the game. Surrenders just make people give up faster.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Logged in for a couple games...what the gently caress is up with the footstep sounds? Lol.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The game has had mirrored left and right on my headset for the past 2+ years no matter what I do. The stompy feet are just another issue on the pile.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

teagone posted:

Logged in for a couple games...what the gently caress is up with the footstep sounds? Lol.

Just play sigma and constantly surprise people by floating up behind them

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Overwatch matches are so short they don't need surrender.

However when you get a leaver and after the prescribed countdown everyone leaves except 1 person. Just end the game, or at least allow me to leave and still count as a win. Sitting there for 3 minutes while people hop about and emote isn't fun for me

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Playing Ramattra when you have an actual competent Ana on your team is pure joy.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Andrigaar posted:

The game has had mirrored left and right on my headset for the past 2+ years no matter what I do. The stompy feet are just another issue on the pile.

Put them on backwards!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Put them on backwards!

Alternatively, make sure you haven't put them on backwards :v:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mega Comrade posted:

Her hitbox is fine, except when she is in valk, in which case it does feel like part of the ult actually does passively shrink her hitbox.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

Playing Ramattra when you have an actual competent Ana on your team is pure joy.

On the flipside, Playing Ram and getting your rear end kicked by a very good Orisa comp while your Ana is saving cooldowns for Season 4 is not pure joy.

Honestly been getting my rear end kicked as Ramattra recently and am feeling bad, but overall I still think he's in a pretty good, fair place since his ult nerfs. I'm just annoyed at how Vortex was marketed as a way to ground flyers but is really just useful as a strong slowing effect instead. It's simultaneously strong and feels underwhelming at the same time. Also please don't make me have to shift out of Nemesis and into Annihilation to get my armor back thanks in advance

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

keep in mind that the difference between a competent ana and a "terrible" ana in your games is often whether or not the enemy shoots at the ana instead of you lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I love playing Ramattra but he's so incredibly reliant on healing to achieve anything that I either only pick him after the first rounds, after I confirmed that my healers are competent, or I pick him at the start and then switch after the first death when I see that they cannot deliver.

He works so well with Nano and Anti-Heal though.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Round of guess my SR based on screen cap.
This is competitive payload map:

I'm High gold/low plat
I took 2 week break to play other games and might have missed this feature earlier.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the lobby skill distributions are wild right now, and i'm not convinced it tries to make sure it matches up Skill Rating across roles as intended (e.g. maybe you can get a diamond tank vs a top 500 tank?)

matching on roles but allowing a wider skill band overall is certainly one way to try to bring queue times down though and would actually be fair games

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
The after game score screen is completely busted for me, it only ever shows 1 or 2 elims and a couple hundred damage.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

SadisTech posted:

The after game score screen is completely busted for me, it only ever shows 1 or 2 elims and a couple hundred damage.

I don't know how to break it to you op

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Man, the matchmaker is so loving trash in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I swapped to competitive and turned off comms basically and I'm having a much better time. QP seems too volatile for me this season but I had some excellent Ranked games.