Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

where do I get n95s with little prc flags on them

get some belt & road money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Al-Saqr posted:

christ can we please drop the ww2 comparisons i swear to god the siege of bakhmut is not like stalingrad

*kicks in door to thread*

he’s right it’s actually just like the Siege of Przemysl Fortress in 1914

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

supersnowman posted:

Just-in-time military logistics. Is this peak liberalism?

It's peak fitted for but not with. An Australian speciality, actually.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it's like when voldermort and the death eaters were kicked out of hogwarts

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

it's like when voldermort and the death eaters were kicked out of hogwarts

Finally an analogy the masses can understand. We just have to use references to the only literature they know and we'll reach them.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This war is most similar to the time those Greeks tried to build a wall and the other Greeks built a competing wall to cut them off in a wall building race

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ah yes the command and conquer 1 sandbags across the map then a turret strategy.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Endman posted:

A poster after my own heart

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

i think it's varg's racism rpg project

correct

Freezer posted:

I've got a hunch that the Russians would use nukes if losing Crimea ever became a serious possibility.

incorrect, and stupid liberal crap as well

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Slavvy posted:

This war is most similar to the time those Greeks tried to build a wall and the other Greeks built a competing wall to cut them off in a wall building race

There’s a certain kind of policy person obsessed with the Peloponnesian War, the inevitable war between established and emerging power, maritime versus land based power etc. but none of them mention that America treats allies about the same as the Delian League, or what the ultimate result of the war was. Instead of dying of plague, our Pericles has dementia, which is much funnier.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The guy actually doesn't seem to have a significantly different weight between these pictures, even though I think it's going for "he was malnourished." The tattoos make his torso look thinner than it actually is in the second picture.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Ah yes the command and conquer 1 sandbags across the map then a turret strategy.

Ukraine really needs some missile tower + watchtower pairings to hold back the Russian medium tank + grenadier mix

Frosted Flake posted:

There’s a certain kind of policy person obsessed with the Peloponnesian War, the inevitable war between established and emerging power, maritime versus land based power etc. but none of them mention that America treats allies about the same as the Delian League, or what the ultimate result of the war was. Instead of dying of plague, our Pericles has dementia, which is much funnier.

Who are the British in this scenario? I ask because, well

https://www.army-technology.com/news/british-army-to-receive-interim-artillery-solution-within-12-months/

quote:

The UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) is seeking to deliver an interim medium-range land fires capability to the British Army within the next 12 months in an apparent attempt to bridge a looming capability gap, one created by the provision of the in-service 155mm AS90 self-propelled gun to Ukraine, that won’t be fully resolved until the introduction of a new artillery platform under the Mobile Fires Platform (MFP) programme.

Although the AS90 was planned to be retired towards the end of the decade, the need to provide Ukraine with viable artillery systems in its war against Russia saw the provision of a range of military equipment by the UK to Kyiv, including 24 of its remaining 80-90 AS90 platforms, a handful of M270 multiple launch rocket systems, and 14 Challenger 2 main battle tanks, among other items.

According to the UK Defence in Numbers document released by the MoD on 22 February, 64 artillery guns have been given to Ukraine, likely the L118 105mm light gun drawn from the British Army. It is known that vehicles traditionally attached to artillery regiment such as the Pinzgauer have also been donated.

Speaking to the UK defence committee on 21 February, Lt Gen Robert Andrew Magowan, Deputy Chief of the Defence Staff at the MoD, told members that there were efforts to “speed up” the main MFP programme, that was looking at a timeline towards the end of the 2020s.

“Therefore, we are working with partners to deliver an interim capability within 12 months. So, a fully capable, medium indirect fires is the target we are setting ourselves to meet the gap between what we have done with AS90 and what is going to appear towards the end of the decade,” Magowan said.

Quite what such an interim capability would consist of was not disclosed, but some existing UK test and trials programmes could provide some indication as to what type of platform and gun system could be utilised.

One solution could see the L118 105mm, manufactured by BAE Systems and in service with the British Army, fitted to an HMT 6×6 utility vehicle produced by UK company Supacat. Showcased at the DVD 2022 event last year, the solution is similar to a US system also being developed, visible at AUSA in 2022 (pictured), which saw a 105mm artillery system fitted to a striped-down AM General HMMVW.

An alternative could see the creation of additional indirect/direct fires capability through Project Wolfram, which is being undertaken by the MoD and industry stakeholders, to explore the potential to mount the Brimstone missile onto a flatbed truck, providing a strike range of about 20km.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

The guy actually doesn't seem to have a significantly different weight between these pictures, even though I think it's going for "he was malnourished." The tattoos make his torso look thinner than it actually is in the second picture.

He melted some muscle mass (not much body fat to start with). My guess is he got stuck into rich high energy foods too fast after release due to lack of medical care back in Ukraine and it overwhelmed him. Possibly on the piss too, which would be understandable. A bit of shock leading to a cardiac event from a run down system.

Of course if Ukraine said the sky was blue I'd double check myself so who knows what actually happened.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah he's lost like 10 pounds. Most critically, the Russians seemed to have shaved his jawline-shaping beard off and exposed him as a normal looking guy. This is like the holodomor, in a way

Slavvy posted:

Ukraine really needs some missile tower + watchtower pairings to hold back the Russian medium tank + grenadier mix

Who are the British in this scenario? I ask because, well

https://www.army-technology.com/news/british-army-to-receive-interim-artillery-solution-within-12-months/

afaik none of the minor city-states of the Peloponnesian Wars were as bitchmade as the UK. You could argue Delos is close, being the site of the Delian League's treasury and nothing else of value. The difference is though, that nobody was allowed to live on Delos , whereas nobody should be allowed to live on Britain.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the sun rises on a new year and Kiev is still Ukrainian

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Does this count as a technical? :thunk:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Endman posted:

Does this count as a technical? :thunk:

no technicals are when militias in the Global South put weapons on a truck

when armies of the Global North do it, its a highly mobile expeditionary warfare system designed to shoot and scoot

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

I wonder when they're sitting down to blur out the third totenkopf tattoo of the day if they ever have any introspection?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Isentropy posted:

Hey Gradenko2k, you got any recs for a history of the Philippine American War? From the other side. I'd like to learn how the Empire kinda got started and how it came to be

This is a link to Renato Constantino's "The Philippines: A Past Revisited". This actually covers most of Philippine pre-modern and modern history up to the Second World War, so the section coming up on the Filipino-American War starts at about page 198 of the book, but I don't have a better recommendation for a more focused work.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

from what, romania?

Supposedly that's the plan yes.

Endman
May 18, 2010

OctaMurk posted:

when armies of the Global North do it, its a highly mobile expeditionary warfare system designed to shoot and scoot

I guess that's technically correct :imunfunny:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Endman posted:

no... no!!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OctaMurk posted:

For everyone else it's a jalopy poo poo heap. For us it's an inventive improvised mechanical solution showing plucky devil may do attitude.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
For Russia: human wave.

For Ukraine: courageous counter attack

For Russia: unskilled mercenary criminal scum

For Ukraine: paid volunteer heroes who learned their skills by error file not found.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

DNR medal for liberation of Mariupol

Интербригады 2022 posted:

(from t.me/interbrigady2022/1469, via tgsa)

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Endman posted:

everything is Poland.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Fuligin posted:

no... no!!

me and the boys about to fire the large-calibre posting mortar

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

christ can we please drop the ww2 comparisons i swear to god the siege of bakhmut is not like stalingrad

the only place where i see any similarities wuth that conflict is the nazi symbology on the ukranians and their hero is the literal chinless untermench nazi collaborator.

but appeasement! lebensraum! putler! its all there!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/NinaByzantina/status/1628596974256803840

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Game looks dope. I will definitely play it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

how would that benefit Ukraine?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Steam/Discord setting gets reset, blowing my privacy and getting me added to a(nother?) hit list.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Frosted Flake posted:

Because the Queen's Cipher is on there, we don't write on any artillery pieces.

lol

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
An attempt to widen the war and draw NATO in directly?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Endman posted:

i just looked that up and i agree good job

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When will The West [tm] finally admit they have lost? It's all over. Facts don't lie.

Russia's advance has had it's target effect: Atomic Heart was released before that vaporware Stalker 2. Game. Over.

The NATO & Ukraine buildup to attack Mundfish was cleverly thwarted by intervention from hero man Putin and great musician Richard Wagner.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

its a good thing that stalker 2 will never come out because itll probably suck and imagine putting out a game that sucks after the country thats invading you releases a game

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

0 rows returned posted:

its a good thing that stalker 2 will never come out because itll probably suck and imagine putting out a game that sucks after the country thats invading you releases a game

I imagine the whole script was re-written to be a massive hate boner for Russia (who you shoot all game) while tanks, javelins and assault rifes drop continuously like confetti from the sky via large hercules cargo planes painted completely all over with the stars and stripes as non-licensed music plays.

Sadly, we shall never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

CODChimera posted:

how would that benefit Ukraine?

There is a supposedly a large ammunition stockpile in Transnistria that's sat around since the Soviet Union collapsed. Transnistria hasn't done anything this war, but Ukraine would like the ammo and Moldova would like to remove the Russian garrison. Some kind of excuse to invade the place over claims of belligerence would suit both countries. It's both unlikely and likely mostly because there wouldn't be much immediate consequence if it even happened.