Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That’s a good value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

For 215 coins you get an NFT that says you have 215 coins.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

he wants twitter to be a cam site doesn't he

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Any one of these moves would feel desperate on its own, but making all these asinine payment scams at once makes him feel oh so pathetic

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Instead of "this mf paid for Twitter" it can be "this mf paid for Chuck E Cheese tokens on Twitter".

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Decrepus posted:

he wants twitter to be a cam site doesn't he

he wants twitter to be a profitable site lol

(it won't be)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

kazil posted:

he wants twitter to be a profitable site lol

(it won't be)

He also wants Grimes back.

(She won't be.)

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Didn't they *just* move Tesla to Texas?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ryde posted:

Didn't they *just* move Tesla to Texas?

2021 lol

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Twitcoins are a great idea that will save the company.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I wonder why they moved back, Abott would love to do whatever he could to own the libs

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Surely this will help the production rate

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I wonder why they moved back, Abott would love to do whatever he could to own the libs

Elon is tired of flying back and forth between Twitter HQ and Tesla HQ

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

kazil posted:

I figure this is literally it with a side order of actually he would prefer to live in California, same way fewer billionaires than you might think flee NYC / Chicago / Germany / France / Singapore over tax issues

even if you're private island wealthy, the richest and most vibrant cities on earth are nice places to be (for the non poor) and also they're where a higher proportion of your peers hang out

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

this seems like the most likely reason, also rich people places are better in COMMIEfornia!

efb, I hope we get some juicey backstabs from the people Musk keeps trying to please. Also did Musky ever do the right of passage of out of states do and buy and wear cow boy hat and boots?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 23, 2023

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

He couldn’t handle one year of Texas heat/winter

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bruceski posted:

I haven't been giving much attention to East Palestine (not because it doesn't matter, but because there isn't much I can do about anything), but isn't the issue ground and water contamination after the shipping company tested only the air and said "yep it's fine to go home"? Where does the restaurant's water supply come from relative to the affected area?

Your understanding of the testing process is absolutely completely flawed, presumably because you were exposed in passing to articles or tweets that lied to you. Not only did the company hire a reasonably reputable outside testing service (I'm not gonna say there's zero chance they're loving around, but it doesn't seem to be NS totally sandbagging), the EPA has itself been conducting pretty robust testing. At this time, it appears that everything they're testing for is at safe-to-undetectable levels.

There are some fiddly bits about how Dioxins (possible byproduct of burns that involve chlorine compounds) are hard to measure, so it's possible they find something there with the more involved testing. People who know fuckloads more chemistry than I do think this is unlikely, and a good chunk of the dioxin articles going around are (like much else about far right and grifter coverage of the disaster) just straight up lies. for starters, polyvinyl chloride and vinyl chloride are different substances that decompose differently

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

specifically the epa is testing lots of air sites including inside homes in the Direct exposure area, lots of water sites including but not limited to municipal and well water, for AFAIK all known expected chemicals and decomposition chemicals from the spilled substances, plus a bunch of unlikely ones (see the dioxin bit) including a few that might be completely unrelated to the spill but have shown up in the area at some point in the recent past

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's the engineering HQ, so most likely scenario is that to attract the kind of people Elon needs to make Tesla not suck (good luck) don't want to live in Texas as it races to the bottom on human rights along with most of its fellow chud hellholes.

I would absolutely refuse any job that required me to live in Texas or Florida or Missouri, etc. Even some of the people I know on the right look at the situations there getting objectively bad and decide to just keep complaining about New England and making the same "some global warming, eh?" Joke whenever it snows.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bruceski posted:

That's a good point. My first thought just went to Flint where the pipes were the issue. Thanks.

also part of how the people of Flint got some semblance of justice was using EPA test data, because turns out the EPA was measuring things accurately, the local admin was just in cahoots with shitheads and stonewalling doing anything about it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

the same "some global warming, eh?" Joke whenever it snows.

weird how they keep making that joke later and later and later. Or not at all.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Should have called them twitcoins.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

just be honest and call them Titters, Elon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

Tesla is leaving Texas for California. Cat Turd will hear about this!!

https://techcrunch.com/2023/02/22/tesla-to-build-engineering-hq-in-california/

:rip: all the chuds who followed Elonl's lead and fled California to move to Texas.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

:rip: all the chuds who followed Elonl's lead and fled California to move to Texas.

they're gonna stay here, that's actually part of the problem over the last couple decades

Texas used to be purpler and remains arguably reddish purple, but it's been swarmed by people who repeat the same loving line about "Californians have ruined states I love" while ruining texas

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

E the Shaggy posted:

Oh by the way, Matt Taibibi recently went on Ben Shapiro's show to say that "Conservatism is the new punk rock."

Yeah it's really weird to see Matt Taibi jumping to the Ben Shapenis show, he wrote this book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insane_Clown_President

guess DEMONRATS don't pay as well as rich, GOOD conservatives

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Yeah it's really weird to see Matt Taibi jumping to the Ben Shapenis show, he wrote this book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insane_Clown_President

guess DEMONRATS don't pay as well as rich, GOOD conservatives

Not even loving close. Steven loving Crowder bitched up a storm about a $50 million deal with Dailywire where he'd only have to work 4 days a week, comparing it to slavery.

I don't think any voice on the left is making even remotely close to that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

To be fair, Steven Crowder isn't making that either :chaostrump:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Google Jeb Bush posted:

they're gonna stay here, that's actually part of the problem over the last couple decades

Texas used to be purpler and remains arguably reddish purple, but it's been swarmed by people who repeat the same loving line about "Californians have ruined states I love" while ruining texas

They were going there for Texas's supposedly lower tax rates and they actually wound up paying, what was it like 18% higher taxes than they would have if they just stayed in California?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the only reason elon moved was because he was being a giant performative baby about covid lockdowns

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

They were going there for Texas's supposedly lower tax rates and they actually wound up paying, what was it like 18% higher taxes than they would have if they just stayed in California?

Yeah, Texas soaks you with fees and property taxes. Shock, shock, only the rich come out ahead in tax burden.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

the only reason elon moved was because he was being a giant performative baby about covid lockdowns

So did the influx of chuds but they acted like they were following Daddy's lead.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

learnincurve posted:

MD and he has no clue what neurotypical means or is he advocating for the forced medication and incarceration of autistic people? It's hard to tell, he may be?
His profile says "MD = my initials. Not a doc" :lmao:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Murdstone posted:

His profile says "MD = my initials. Not a doc" :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MAgBWStblo

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ghostlight posted:

To be fair, Steven Crowder isn't making that either :chaostrump:

Yeah, whatever happened to him?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

kazil posted:

a rare miss from the E

The babby-lon E

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I thought the whole point of Elom not paying rent on Twitter HQ in California was he wanted to move the company to Texas. Now he's moving his other poo poo from Texas back to California. Soooo... what's the genius plan on that unpaid rent now?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Parkingtigers posted:

I thought the whole point of Elom not paying rent on Twitter HQ in California was he wanted to move the company to Texas. Now he's moving his other poo poo from Texas back to California. Soooo... what's the genius plan on that unpaid rent now?

Ignore it and see what happens.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Samovar posted:

Yeah, whatever happened to him?

Crowder will probably never truly go away until he's dead, but he has significantly weakened his star as of late by trying to come at Ben Shapiro with that gotcha re: that contract he nearly signed and missed. He'll probably lay low until the heat dies down, but YouTube is still paying him millions of dollar a year to be their #1 endorsed front page bigot, so he hasn't exactly lost anything by telling Benjafin Shapirosufur to go stick his yarmulke up his wife's bone dry coochie, just the chance to earn even more money.

He'll be back in due time. They always bounce back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The old money that funds the right media machine knows they are loosing the youth rapidly so just by being marginally savy in the media types young people consume you can get an endless money flow.