Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Silly Burrito posted:

Nothing wrong with a good chicken tender, especially with some good dipping sauce. Some marketing guru came up with boneless wing just to make someone feel less self conscious about ordering it.

Right. Boneless "wings" are merely a way for an adult to order chicken nuggets and not feel embarrassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Timby posted:

Right. Boneless "wings" are merely a way for an adult to order chicken nuggets and not feel embarrassed.

I guess in their defense they are at least breast meat and not the random chicken paste I associate with fast food or frozen nuggets.

If you're going to sell me a fake wing nugget though I'd prefer thigh meat.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A friend of mine from CrossFit’s brother owns a local equity theater. She messaged me out of the blue about a month ago that they needed an actor for an upcoming production of Vanya, Sonia, Masha and spike. They were having trouble casting the spike character and she remembered I used to be an actor and I was reasonably in shape and I guess I look 27.

I accepted the role just to audition again. They asked me for resume and recent headshot and I laughed. I haven’t been on stage in fifteen years. The audition went well but they were hesitant about my work schedule. I was very up front with my requirements, how I’d need to have access to a phone during rehearsals when I was on call, etc. I can make it work; I’d just need to know everything in advance. They asked me if I was comfortable being shirtless on stage (it’s a joke in the show that the character did not get the lead role on entourage 2) and I told them yeah, but I am going to se asia and will get back a week before rehearsals start and I am not counting carbs.

I did the audition not thinking for a second I’d get the role. My schedule is too hectic, I haven’t auditioned in years, I haven’t been on stage since like 2010, I don’t have a headshot etc. just had fun with the audition.

I got the contract offer when I landed in Thailand.

I’ve got six weeks to lose like 20 pounds lmao, unless they go with the character just being a bear mode power lifter.

Fiz the actor is back baby arooooo (wolf howl)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You can lose that. I lost 15 in the first six weeks of the year by not drinking beer and working out 4 days a week.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

A friend of mine from CrossFit’s brother owns a local equity theater. She messaged me out of the blue about a month ago that they needed an actor for an upcoming production of Vanya, Sonia, Masha and spike. They were having trouble casting the spike character and she remembered I used to be an actor and I was reasonably in shape and I guess I look 27.

I accepted the role just to audition again. They asked me for resume and recent headshot and I laughed. I haven’t been on stage in fifteen years. The audition went well but they were hesitant about my work schedule. I was very up front with my requirements, how I’d need to have access to a phone during rehearsals when I was on call, etc. I can make it work; I’d just need to know everything in advance. They asked me if I was comfortable being shirtless on stage (it’s a joke in the show that the character did not get the lead role on entourage 2) and I told them yeah, but I am going to se asia and will get back a week before rehearsals start and I am not counting carbs.

I did the audition not thinking for a second I’d get the role. My schedule is too hectic, I haven’t auditioned in years, I haven’t been on stage since like 2010, I don’t have a headshot etc. just had fun with the audition.

I got the contract offer when I landed in Thailand.

I’ve got six weeks to lose like 20 pounds lmao, unless they go with the character just being a bear mode power lifter.

Fiz the actor is back baby arooooo (wolf howl)

All us old motherfuckers working out like we're 25.

I love it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nice job Fiz! You could probably lose the weight, but I think it’s be funnier to have the power lifter body type. I don’t know how you’d manage being a doctor and actor at the same time. Sounds stressful.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Nice job Fiz! You could probably lose the weight, but I think it’s be funnier to have the power lifter body type. I don’t know how you’d manage being a doctor and actor at the same time. Sounds stressful.

Fiz is a real life Dr. Drake Ramoray!

Break a leg!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is amazing and adorable, thanks for sharing.

:hai:

Skwirl posted:

Boneless wing sound way the gently caress better than those assholes who call it a "chicken tendie"

A microdistillery we were at last week had a Caesar salad, and I specifically didn't get chicken on it because the add-on was called "tendys" both by the menu and the waiter who asked me.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Fizz is actually Dr. Acula

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Fiz has gone full ortho bro

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
*Fizz looking at a chart* Uh, it's PROM.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Kinda sucks having to lose weight on vacation tho

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Boneless wings are not chicken tenders

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Joey Freshwater posted:

Boneless wings are not chicken tenders

This is what I've been saying.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quiet Feet posted:

It's lent and here you are with seitan. :devil:

Anyone else do anything for Lent? I was raised Catholic but ended up non-religious with some Buddhist tendencies. Still find it a good excuse to cut back on unhealthy things for a while. This year, and the last couple of years, I've cut my drinking back to just one beer and one whiskey a week. Yes that's not giving up something entirely but like I said, I'm not actually Catholic. :colbert:

Also not following the no meat on Fridays thing but by incredible coincidence I will be making baked haddock with chorizo stuffed clams on Saturday and shrimp with pasta and zucchini in a white wine sauce on Sunday.

I've mentioned it before but I go totally insane by doing vegan keto. Trick is I'm still on vacation in Los Angeles visiting friends & family, so temptation will be immense.

Go figure it's cold & windy when I am in SoCal.

51°F & gusts over 10mph is acceptable beach weather if you have the appropriate beverage in hand.

Also congrats FizzFashizzle! Fight those 3-headed sharks!

Yeah I know beer ain't keto

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I've mentioned it before but I go totally insane by doing vegan keto. Trick is I'm still on vacation in Los Angeles visiting friends & family, so temptation will be immense.

Go figure it's cold & windy when I am in SoCal.

51°F & gusts over 10mph is acceptable beach weather if you have the appropriate beverage in hand.

Also congrats FizzFashizzle! Fight those 3-headed sharks!

Yeah I know beer ain't keto

Lmao meanwhile there’s a couple of inches of snow in Portland and drivers are having the usual freakouts on the road, it’s fun stuff.

So here’s a question, I just found a crack in my windshield, but I’ve literally never replaced one before, am I good to just hit up Safelite or whatever national glass chain is around, or are they super low quality or sketchy?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thaddius the Large posted:

Lmao meanwhile there’s a couple of inches of snow in Portland and drivers are having the usual freakouts on the road, it’s fun stuff.

So here’s a question, I just found a crack in my windshield, but I’ve literally never replaced one before, am I good to just hit up Safelite or whatever national glass chain is around, or are they super low quality or sketchy?

I’ve done Safelite and they’re fine. Normally for a complete replacement I go to a local dealer who charges $199. As my glass deductible is $500 for full replacement, it’s just easier to pay cash and not get my insurance involved.

But, if it’s a tiny crack, your insurance may cover the repair for free. That’s how I’ve used Safelite 3-5 times and both USAA and Allstate picked up the entire bill.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Branches laden with ice are breaking off and landing on my roof right now

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It was 80 in LA on Monday, now we've got the 4th gigantic winter storm in 2 months on the way. Some mountain locations are supposed to get SEVEN feet of snow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's snowed an inch and a half in the last two hours and I'm pretty happy about it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Good lord...

https://twitter.com/WaverlyWakeUp/status/1628559726140133378?t=r_xn1lSTedJWMCxj6xdnIg&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

Good lord...

Don't want to quote him because it's a co-worker mourning his friends, but apparently from the police on the matter:

quote:

The four were victims of random violence, the sheriff said. Targeted, but random.

I do not understand what this sentence means.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Don't want to quote him because it's a co-worker mourning his friends, but apparently from the police on the matter:

My best guess is he means not planned ahead, but not hit by stray bullets. Like the gunman just decided at that very moment to kill those specific people. Best I got.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Or like wanted to kill press, but didn't care which press?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well sure. NYT Editors and the crime beat guy for the local news are all part of the same globalist conspiracy.

I wonder how the 9 year old got invited to the Bildeberg group.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

They were the targets of someone who just decided to kill them. He also killed a mother and her 9 year old. No idea on the motive. USA USA and all that.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

LeeMajors posted:

Being out from under student loan debt is so freeing, it’s impossible to overstate.

Oh yeah, on that note, I hit my 10 year mark for PSLF in October and I got my student loan discharge letter yesterday. From $81k left to debt free and it feels fantastic. So yeah, this whole forgiveness thing does happen sometimes! Glad the feds kept their promises here.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

shirts and skins posted:

Oh yeah, on that note, I hit my 10 year mark for PSLF in October and I got my student loan discharge letter yesterday. From $81k left to debt free and it feels fantastic. So yeah, this whole forgiveness thing does happen sometimes! Glad the feds kept their promises here.

drat, congrats!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Very nice, congrats!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

shirts and skins posted:

That’s awesome. A friend of mine had her 40k discharged last year suddenly and it like changed her family’s life overnight.

We weren’t quite as lucky as that, but I had none out of college and we had a profit on the sale of our first home and we put ~45k (basically all of it) onto my wife’s loans. Changed our lives too. We’ve been debt free outside of the house and a little bit on my truck for awhile now. And the house is on a 15yr note at 2.5%. Feels good.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am traveling for work so I saw Quantumania since I didn’t have anything better to do. It was fine, but man it is really hard to be invested in a multiverse-endangering threat when it seems like that’s every single movie at this point. They’ve just completely lost any sense of scaling.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
At this point if they dialed everything down to a small-stakes tension-filled movie where the lives at stake were like, a single family, they'd singlehandedly stop the gloom and doom coming from the MCU Take Industrial Complex

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How do you olds manage to work out so hard and so frequently?

I’m in my mid 30s and the joints and muscles just can’t handle it

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Shoot, I’m 37 and lucky to get in twice a week, but my squat’s the best it’s ever been, beat my old PR from almost a decade ago and with better form! I’m also 25 pounds heavier than a decade ago and it sure ain’t muscle, but I choose to ignore that fact

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
if you are an adult and feel embarrassed over ordering chicken nuggets then you are not an adult

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Weather chat: It's 70 and super windy at 3 AM in NC. Weird as hell for February.

a neat cape posted:

if you are an adult and feel embarrassed over ordering chicken nuggets then you are not an adult
I had some Wendy's nuggets on Sunday. Sure it's part of those 4 for $4 things, but still nuggets. I also buy a bag of frozen nuggets from the store and have those on occasion.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, sometimes you just don't want something complicated, and that's okay

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

That’s fantastic. I hear so many horror stories of that program loving with people it’s good to hear a success story for once.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You start slow to give your joints time to adapt. Take time off when you need it. Take ibuprofen a lot. Eat well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Do frequent yoga/stretching. Even if you’re not up for taking a class there’s tons of videos online. I like this girls stuff:

https://youtube.com/@yogawithadriene

She has almost 700 videos and has everything from beginner classes to more difficult ones. She does 7/14/30 day newbie/startup courses or if a specific area like your hips or back are bothering you, she has one off videos for that too.