Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Yeah but whatever the Swedish equivalent of Q is called is gonna have a field day with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah but whatever the Swedish equivalent of Q is called is gonna have a field day with this.

Q but pronounced K’wuh

I have heard pronounced CooAnon here once, which I hope are purely avian conspiracies.

Where we kaw one, we kaw all.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Right wing media is building up to go after his mistress.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s a woman who exists, color me shocked

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I kind of do think that racists burning the Koran should fall under hate speech law and be illegal, but we all know what's happening now has nothing to do with protecting marginalized people and is all about the desperate desire to buddy up with Turkey and get into NATO.

Cool.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Woebin posted:

I kind of do think that racists burning the Koran should fall under hate speech law and be illegal

And what kinds of other symbols would that be extended to?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I know that Bard is insane. But I feel as if he's accelerating with every year.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

teen witch posted:

So that guy totally offed himself right

Since no one outside of Sweden is gonna understand what this is about :

The Stockholm Police Chief has been under investigation for several cases of corruption relating to an affair he had with a colleague. He was found dead in his home yesterday night.

https://norran.se/engelska/samhalle/artikel/senior-police-chief-mats-lofving-found-dead/rx3yq3gr

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Beeswax posted:

Since no one outside of Sweden is gonna understand what this is about :

The Stockholm Police Chief has been under investigation for several cases of corruption relating to an affair he had with a colleague. He was found dead in his home yesterday night.

https://norran.se/engelska/samhalle/artikel/senior-police-chief-mats-lofving-found-dead/rx3yq3gr

The day when the findings were released and pointed to him being guilty and with a recommendation to fire him. Now the big question is who else is going to be stuck in this amazingly corrupt mess, as it is unlikely that he could have gotten away with all these things without ANYONE in the top tier of the police organization not knowing about it and keeping silent.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

teen witch posted:

Q but pronounced K’wuh

I have heard pronounced CooAnon here once, which I hope are purely avian conspiracies.

Where we kaw one, we kaw all.

kukanon

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

“When you’re walking through right wing grifter hell, keep walking”, Winston Churchill, probably.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

And what kinds of other symbols would that be extended to?
It's a matter of intent. Paludan specifically doing his thing in Muslim-heavy neighborhoods is very clearly a targeted action, while someone burning a Koran outside the Turkish embassy during NATO negotiations isn't as clearly targeted.

Yeah I know it's kinda open to interpretation, I know in reality this kind of distinction couldn't be enforced in a good way, I know the law probably has to be pretty black and white. But we do have laws that say hate speech is illegal, and they're already pretty open to interpretation - I just kinda think they should acknowledge when e.g. Paludan is very clearly aiming to hurt and upset Muslim people.

The current move to expressly prohibit Koran burnings shows how freely our government will throw out the sanctity of free speech when it suits their purposes, while they'll refer to that same free speech to justify why obvious acts of hate speech must be permitted.

I'm just expressing (perhaps poorly) my displeasure at the hypocrisy of it all.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Thanks to the public service channel's panel of experts.

https://www.dr.dk/engagement/taet-paa/kl-1900-stil-spoergssmaal-hvornaar-slutter-krigen-i-ukraine---og-hvordan

Does the Russian Bear poo poo in the woods? Yes, reports Politiken.

The fourth estate. :tipshat:

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Is she saying that Ukraine was part of Russia before the war?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kamrat posted:

Is she saying that Ukraine was part of Russia before the war?

Probably not.

Also note that both countries were pretty neck and neck until recently on that index, which among other analyses gets its data from asking the business community about its perceptions and for years has listed Denmark as the least corrupt country, so maybe take their evaluations with a grain of salt. Corruption is obviously still a massive problem for both, I just thought the answer was rather funny.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Not to say that Russia is not corrupt or anything but it always irks me when people bring up the Corruption Perception Index as if it was a measurement of the amount of corruption.

Sweden has among the countries with lowest CPI, iirc, but out politicians are corrupt as gently caress. It's just that your average Svennebanan is excruciatingly naive.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't think its necessarily a contradiction that a country's politicians are corrupt as gently caress and also the least corrupt in the world.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

Not to say that Russia is not corrupt or anything but it always irks me when people bring up the Corruption Perception Index as if it was a measurement of the amount of corruption.

Sweden has among the countries with lowest CPI, iirc, but out politicians are corrupt as gently caress. It's just that your average Svennebanan is excruciatingly naive.

Denmark remained at the top through both Finance Minister Bjarne Corydon's jump to McKinsey, who had just advised him to sell off the public energy grid to Goldman Sachs, and Ulrik Nødgaard, then Director of the Financial Supervisory Authority, being hired as head of Finance Denmark, the lobby organization for the largest banks, who also ran the Finance Sector's Association for the Support of a Healthy and Competitive Business Community, who had funded all the parties that voted in favor of the bank bailouts.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 23, 2023

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Despite our best efforts. We are but corruption newbies compared to the competition.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
The CPI is based on asking business organisations, economics consultancies, thinktanks and groups like the World Bank and WEF how corrupt they think a country's public sector is. I've no reason to think that Transparency International are anything but sincere and honest in how they work, but I do suspect that some of those sources are inclined to look upon some types of corruption, or corruption by certain parties, more favourably than others.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

There's been a few high-profile cases about corruption in the highest echelons of Danish police in recent years, but it's more "hire my company to deliver a service in exchange for gifts" than "pay off the traffic cop to look the other way" type of corruption, so who's to say if it's bad or not? Political corruption is basically mostly legal.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
"Lobbying" is corruption but someone paid for making it legal and give it a different name.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

It was fun when, during my school trip to Belgium back in 2010, my class got to make a visit to a PR-firm because my dad used to work for them. It was pretty funny to see how my classmates completely lost their poo poo when they got explained to them the process of lobbyism and how it forms society. They were flabbergasted and the lady from the firm was like “wellp that’s our job!”

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Ebba just squatted and deposited a meager amount in my account today. Elprisbidrag? I'll just throw the 1000SEK on my cheap-red-wine pile tywm.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Whole 1000SEK? Wow, look at the mister moneybags over here.
You'll have enough to buy two packs of Bredgott and refill your car.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ebba gonna need to know your full name before she can determine if you’re a struggling Swede or an immigrant freeloader, that’s how I perceived the process.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I still get danger close to a anger-induced aneurysm whenever I think of Corydon selling off some of our most vital energy infrastructure to the literal worst people, then getting a crushy job with those worst peoples best friends (also still remember TDC) and the worst people making billions within a year. However it's loving laughable to think that corruption in denmark somehow 'just as bad' or even equivalent to the corruption going on in a lot of the rest of the world.

I can understand how someone might think that, if they never lived for any amount of time in such a country, or I guess, spoken with people who have experienced the difference. It's loving insane how immaculate and squeeky clean denmark is in comparison to several places I've lived. Note, I'm not saying denmark doesn't have correuption at all, or that denmark doesn't suffer from having a small, undemocratic, power-elite, in control of large swathes of business and organisations. It's just incredibly priviledged and ignorant to think it's even on the same scale. I guess that 'for mysterious reasons' :iiam: the new neofascist hotness is pretending that in politics, the anti-corruption stance is both meaningless, empty suit, symbolism and intrinsically linked with being a secret agent of US imperialism, but gently caress me it's dumb.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I still get danger close to a anger-induced aneurysm whenever I think of Corydon selling off some of our most vital energy infrastructure to the literal worst people, then getting a crushy job with those worst peoples best friends (also still remember TDC) and the worst people making billions within a year. However it's loving laughable to think that corruption in denmark somehow 'just as bad' or even equivalent to the corruption going on in a lot of the rest of the world.

I can understand how someone might think that, if they never lived for any amount of time in such a country, or I guess, spoken with people who have experienced the difference. It's loving insane how immaculate and squeeky clean denmark is in comparison to several places I've lived. Note, I'm not saying denmark doesn't have correuption at all, or that denmark doesn't suffer from having a small, undemocratic, power-elite, in control of large swathes of business and organisations. It's just incredibly priviledged and ignorant to think it's even on the same scale. I guess that 'for mysterious reasons' :iiam: the new neofascist hotness is pretending that in politics, the anti-corruption stance is both meaningless, empty suit, symbolism and intrinsically linked with being a secret agent of US imperialism, but gently caress me it's dumb.

unless i'm misunderstanding i don't think that splitsoul is arguing that denmark is russia/ukraine levels corrupt, just that topping the list in light of this extremely high profile case of pretty obvious quid-pro-quo means that some questions about the list are warranted

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

"Least corrupt" is a useless phrase anyhow, because it doesn't mean that there isn't corruption.

Ask N people what they think corruption is, and you'll get at least N+1 answers.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Childfucker is back in parliament.

https://politiken.dk/indland/politik/art9230928/Jeppe-Kofod-bliver-medlem-af-Folketinget

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I don't think anybody even barely alluded to anything of that sort, though. Firstly I was making fun of the CBS woman responding to a question that wasn't asked—I'd assume "mike" was thinking of the recent case where they found enormous piles of bundled cash in a disgraced Ukrainian minister's home, everyone is probably already aware of how Russia does things at this point—and then I said to take the index with a grain of salt, because it placed Denmark at #1 for many, many years and we've had a bunch of really blatant cases in the last decade, even beyond the technically legal poo poo I already mentioned, which would be deemed conflicts of interest in a functioning democracy. I could add that campaign financing laws are worse here than in the U.S., in that they can barely be said to exist at all, and what little oversight there is can be disregarded by simply anonymizing contributions through shell organizations that, for example, happened to be based out of the same offices and headed by the same people as what was then known as the Finance Council. Notice that the first listed member was also involved in the largest money laundering scandal in history, with extensive ties to Russia incidentally.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 25, 2023

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
snip

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 25, 2023

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
It's great that the pedo will just keep coming back, even when people don't vote for him.

Also lol at the blurring in that image.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
What did I miss? Do I want to know?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
It was tubgirl

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just some fallout from any of the multiple mass-meltdowns in the forum right now. That guy just posted the same redacted thing in like 20 threads so uh…

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Rust Martialis posted:

What did I miss? Do I want to know?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

zokie posted:

It was tubgirl

Boring.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Tubgirl is like Kirk's pride nowadays, an old friend you used to see more of but occasionally still run into.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
I love that someone looked at that photo and went "No, that's too obscene. Blur out the vagina".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Swedish Customs:
"It smells strongly of cannabis here. We'll have to air this place out."
"Who knows, we may have saved lives here today."

Swedish War on Drug is a success, ladies and gentlemen.