Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Roth posted:

Rhino has been consistently moderating the Sagas thread and Plague Rats wasn't an IK for just the Sagas thread why are you acting like an expert here?

Yeah, in case there was any clarity needed for anyone: some plague rats was given full PYF IK powers.

There had been complaints raised that there wasn't enough active moderation in PYF (in QCS, go figure!), so I stepped away from modding this subforum--I'm not online enough to be effective in PYF. Before I stepped away I stickied a thread asking if anyone wanted to try out IKing here. some plague rats, RFC2324, and BatteKiara were the first three to offer in a thread that generated like twelve names. I had originally suggested IKs be rotated out every few months, let other people try out the grey star, keep throwing up sticky threads to get more folks helping to coldly compile lists--but as I had stepped away that wasn't kept up and the three IKs simply stayed.

But all were given the star for the whole forum, not for any individual thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

The Art Institute's collection is so big it has Virginia O'Keefe art that *doesn't* look like genitalia.

also one of the biggest collections of impressionists outside of europe iirc. the modernist wing is also frequently really good. just good curation and excellent collections.

NoiseAnnoys has a new favorite as of 09:31 on Feb 23, 2023

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I also really liked the Getty Institute when I was in LA a while back. Here's one of the items that made me smile: https://www.getty.edu/art/collection/object/103SBD

e: wrong item: it was this one: https://www.getty.edu/art/collection/object/103SBK

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I miss living in the SF Bay Area because there were a ton of museums you could get to from BART/Muni. Downtown SF there was the Exploratorium, SFMOMA, Cartoon Art Museum, Asian Art Museum, The Jewish Museum, etc. Then if you take Muni you could go to Golden Gate Park and the DeYoung/Legion of Honor. Also right on the BART line was the Oakland Museum of California and stuff in Berkley.

I live in LA now and obviously there's tons of museums here too but you have to drive everywhere.

the asian art museum was in front of the passport office when i worked there, but it was also bordering the tenderloin so there was a bunch of drug dealers and users hanging around.

i remember going out and seeing this lady shooting up in front of a bunch of kids getting off the school bus for a field trip.

i always meant to go there when they had that piece of rock carved to look like cooked pork belly on display but kept putting of off until it was too late.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

so did the mods/admins (outside of rhino) step out for a pack of cigarettes and abandon this thread again, or what?

it would be nice to get some small fig leaf of the barest minimum good faith interaction here, but i suspect we won't really get much more than this.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they're all back to doing that thing where they clearly are aware that they overreacted terribly so they don't do anything for a few days to a few months and hope we forget. your boy fluffdaddy was basic to being ignored in adtrw earlier

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Clearly, my Posting Pals and I are outraged at this sudden lack of an appropriate space to discuss museums and zoos. I, for one, feel this requires immediate administrative attention.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If only there was some way to stop this dumbass from posting. but alas,,,,

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
hey erosion you ever hear of the imp zone game club

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

erosion posted:

Clearly, my Posting Pals and I are outraged at this sudden lack of an appropriate space to discuss museums and zoos. I, for one, feel this requires immediate administrative attention.

What is the point of this. Do you think people will suddenly turn around and say 'you're right and not at all stupid'. You can just stop thinking about it altogether, it's fine.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm glad someone bought you another stacked skeleton avatar again, it is very cool and zesty.

I was going to give her the MTG plague rats card for an avatar but someone beat me to it so w/e

Larry Parrish posted:

posting about posters. user has been turned into a pillar of salt for this post.

Also lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm betting that people are being told to stay away from this thread as it will do nothing but make more drama because we're never happy and only post to be drama queens. So then you get really dumb decisions like gassing the museum thread for some reason.

I don't get you guys.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

erosion posted:

:shitman:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think this is just containment until QCS, The Forum Where You Take A Week Off If You Post, comes back. like this is arguably supposed to be the pyf feedback thread rather than the forums-wide one, so i can see the justification for not engaging.

plus the thread has gotten rabid again, defined as "more than ten posts in a day not about dungeon crawl stone soup", so it's hardly an appealing place to stick your neck into.

instead, if you have any concerns, simply email the admin email address at no-reply@som3thingawful.vi and a response will be with you in six to eight working months

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah just remember all the times the admin email got us swift results! like astral freaking out, where Jeff came in and made it much worse, or the several times people have used it or pmed admins directly like about taintrunners sex crimes and it was ignored completely and when called out they basically said 'inunno it's not my job to read that poo poo'. send those emails because they are totally being read and sincerely looked into :cheers:

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
there’s this legal philosopher who once criticized liberals for responding to the question ‘Jesus or Barabbas?’ by adjourning the meeting and ordering the foundation of committee to research which metrics should be taken into account when making that decision.

it reminds me quite a lot of the current admins: instead of making a decision that might be controversial, they’d rather suspend any and all debate and wait until the heat’s died down. I find it very cowardly and inauthentic, and frankly worse than actually doing anything

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
and just to be clear, this philosopher meant ‘liberals’ in the philosophical, European sense rather than in the c-spammy American sense.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

we can't have anyone discussing what museums are their favourites. sharing travel tips is a dogwhistle for orchestrating a thread invasion

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So just to be clear the reason SPR has his buttons taken was for probating Seth outside of the saga thread. But he was an ik for the entire forum so that's actually fine and not just a spurious reason to go after someone they don't like??

Just posting my feedback in a thread I highly expect to get banned for posting in

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

they should give me buttons for pyf, I promise to never use them which is apparently the criteria

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

ugh well honestly it needed a better OP and that fluffdaddy post was stinking up the joint so maybe they're making a new one?

i would like to be pleasantly surprised

Well its been like 10 hours without any sort of explanatory posting, must be one hell of an OP they're workshopping, can't wait to see it guys

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

serious gaylord posted:

So just to be clear the reason SPR has his buttons taken was for probating Seth outside of the saga thread. But he was an ik for the entire forum so that's actually fine and not just a spurious reason to go after someone they don't like??

Just posting my feedback in a thread I highly expect to get banned for posting in

spr is a girl, peep the skelly tits

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

serious gaylord posted:

this thread is basically that town in fallout built up around an unexploded nuke but the nuke is jeffreys mass probe script

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

CountryMatters posted:

this thread is basically that town in fallout built up around an unexploded nuke but the nuke is jeffreys mass probe script

the new QCS will be Tenpenny Tower

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the mods are the ghouls that take over

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the mods are the ghouls that take over

Seem to be repressed and suffering discrimination, but will violently murder everyone in naked hypocrisy?

Yeah.

E: they already stuff masive piles of bodies in the basement so lol

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

CountryMatters posted:

Jeff getting the bad karma ding as he activates lowtax's subforum deletion script

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I'm 100% sure Jeff and the admins have a clear and solid plan to rebuild trust, to set up a clear vision for the forums that outlines how they, moderators, and posters should behave, and which involves setting up channels of communication and discussion that are open and built on trust

They just refuse to talk about any of it, and ban+30 anyone who implies it isn't good

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pablo Nergigante posted:

spr is a girl, peep the skelly tits

You're not doing it at all, but it reminds me of my favorite reaction to arguments here: when owned, turn around and accuse the person of misgendering you when they have zero idea who the gently caress you are and no reason to know because it's a goddamn forum. But they did it, so you win.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Psycho Landlord posted:

Jeff getting the bad karma ding as he activates lowtax's subforum deletion script

Giving imp zone the gamepro rating buttons is like the +5 karma from giving a homeless man water. I gained karma why does it say I am still very evil :(

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

You're not doing it at all, but it reminds me of my favorite reaction to arguments here: when owned, turn around and accuse the person of misgendering you when they have zero idea who the gently caress you are and no reason to know because it's a goddamn forum. But they did it, so you win.

for a brief period there were people blowing up at being called the neutral “they,” saying it was obviously misgendering because they had their gender in their profiles

luckily it was too ridiculous to catch on

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Giving imp zone the gamepro rating buttons is like the +5 karma from giving a homeless man water. I gained karma why does it say I am still very evil :(

Considering how that went down it was more like blowing the beggar's head off for no reason after they ask for water, using the console to resurrect them and then giving them water

except people had to buy the banned users their accounts back so i guess someone else had to use the console command for you

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CountryMatters posted:

It feels more like bloodborne where an unfathomable cosmic horror was sealed away in the moon and every once in a while the whole place goes insane because of it

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
not enough people got moon moon and now the forums are on fire

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Spanish Manlove posted:

It feels more like bloodborne where an unfathomable cosmic horror was sealed away in the moon and every once in a while the whole place goes insane because of it

If instead of some unknowable entity, it posted about video games.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

serious gaylord posted:

i don't know why spr's buttons were yanked. if it was because she used IK powers outside of her assigned thread, then that's mistaken reasoning because spr was a full PYF IK. i suspect it is because everyone in the mod forum is arguing amongst one another right now but admins are just kinda... not... there... like, a post once in a while but no one conversing. so now the mod forum is a containment thread for mods to vent and the PYF Feedback is a containment thread for everyone else to vent. But were all stuck waiting for the new feedback forum.

i am not even clear on when this is going to happen. soon? next week? when it's ready? i feel like i'm waiting for the launch of duke nukem forever

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If instead of some unknowable entity, it posted about video games.

Fear the pale mod

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Zetsubou-san posted:

not enough people got moon moon and now the forums are on fire

too many people got moon moon but spr was unable to probe us all

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sally posted:

i don't know why spr's buttons were yanked. if it was because she used IK powers outside of her assigned thread, then that's mistaken reasoning because spr was a full PYF IK. i suspect it is because everyone in the mod forum is arguing amongst one another right now but admins are just kinda... not... there... like, a post once in a while but no one conversing. so now the mod forum is a containment thread for mods to vent and the PYF Feedback is a containment thread for everyone else to vent. But were all stuck waiting for the new feedback forum.

i am not even clear on when this is going to happen. soon? next week? when it's ready? i feel like i'm waiting for the launch of duke nukem forever

This was Fluffdaddy's answer for why her buttons were removed:

Fluffdaddy posted:

Using their buttons outside of sagas to probe mods for no reason.

He may well have genuinely believed she was IK only of the Sagas thread, I can't imagine any of this is written down anywhere (or at least I don't remember it being written down during my brief ill-advised etc.)

I remember it used to be actually forbidden for IKs to probe mods but that doesn't seem to have been true for years now. I don't imagine there's really a high bar of justification required for "we don't want this person to be an IK any more" in any case. Shame, though, she was good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Sally posted:

lmao