Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Death By The Blues posted:

Another well known American volunteer soldier/"medic" has been injured in Bakhmut. Seems like things there are getting dire

https://twitter.com/SarahAshtonLV/status/1628734097529925632

It seems that the telegram Russians particularly hate this person for Very Online reasons.

e: Did we ever find out how the UA pays pensions or whatever? I'd be curious if the mercenaries are even covered. More to the point, who is going to pay the pensions and how much? If the wage for a Ukrainian soldier is like $300 /mo and 100% disability pays 90% of base rate of pay for life, as here, that's a lot less than minimum wage.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 14:46 on Feb 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Thats the one that had the brain skip when confronted about the western involvement in the colonization of Africa and the USSR actually helping them secure their freedom from it

It lasted for like 2 seconds before she twisted herself into going USSR bad again.

yeah an absolute brain genius

Frosted Flake posted:

It seems that the telegram Russians particularly hate this person for Very Online reasons.

she's very annoying from the brief things that i've seen of her

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I also sustained an injury to my hand, which accounted for 2 of my surgeries, plus physio, cortisone injections. I think it was about a year recovery, give or take, needing a brace for about 8 months. All together, I think I was rated around 10% disabled for that wound. Payout from HRH was about $10k CAD.

I can't really see what happened here, but if it's comparable, I don't think the Ukrainian piggy bank is going to cover that. Do they offer paid leave? Do they pay you to convalesce even if you return to your home country? What about paying for health care if you're an American?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
her wikipedia page is a head-scratcher. running as a republican and doing protests with the proud boys but somehow in a woke way.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

tristeham posted:

her wikipedia page is a head-scratcher. running as a republican and doing protests with the proud boys but somehow in a woke way.

I believe this is called Alice Caldwell Kelly Syndrome and comes from being Too Online.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

we are harry potter
we are william wallace
we are navi
we are black
we are gay
we are disabled
we are a woman

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

This Succs

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

tristeham posted:

you guys just had your rage against the war machine event trying to find common ground with these types to support your ends, now it's a problem when libs do it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

crepeface posted:

we are harry potter
we are william wallace
we are navi
we are black
we are gay
we are disabled
we are a woman

Governor Cuomo, hello

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

It's nearly impossible to understand if it's supposed to be pro or anti Ukrainian propaganda. It is 100% offensive succ. It is perfect.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Corky Romanovsky posted:

you guys just had your rage against the war machine event trying to find common ground with these types to support your ends, now it's a problem when libs do it

wut

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

quote:

The average life expectancy of a front-line soldier in eastern Ukraine is around 4 hours, an American fighting in 'the meat grinder' says - Yahoo

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Who is this 'you guys'?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

Governor Cuomo, hello

the five boroughs stands with kiev

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

See this is why Ukraine can be very loose with the ideological tolerances of its armed forces.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

not actually that thin

gently caress

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Tankbuster posted:

gently caress

Don't worry he's still dead.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

not actually that thin

lol

John Charity Spring posted:

https://twitter.com/NATO/status/1628687961477750790

While you are saying "Go Han Solo!" or "Go Na'vi!" I am saying "Go Robert Mueller and the rule of law!"

ahahahaha

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EviL_Ras/status/1628751207090032640?s=20

making a big mess in the street to own the russian embassy

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

euphronius posted:

I hope her Ukrainian military disability payments will be good

exactly $14.88 per month

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

there is going to be no one left in that region outside of a pile of bodies

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/EviL_Ras/status/1628751207090032640?s=20

making a big mess in the street to own the russian embassy

It's not even oriented correctly from the embassy's perspective. It's positioned to be right side up from the side that it will be photographed from, so to the Russians it just looks like an upside down Ukrainian flag. Though considering that is the sign for a country in distress, it is more appropriate than perhaps they realize.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CODChimera posted:

how would that benefit Ukraine?

They get to drag more countries into the war. If you want a good lol, google which side Ukrainian ultras fought for in the Romanian/Transnistria conflict. These are people who later went on to be part of the Right Sector.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Ukraine going to make up for territory lost in the east by conquering land in the west

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's not even oriented correctly from the embassy's perspective. It's positioned to be right side up from the side that it will be photographed from, so to the Russians it just looks like an upside down Ukrainian flag. Though considering that is the sign for a country in distress, it is more appropriate than perhaps they realize.

someone with twitter should post the ol "actually i'm a flag expert and flags only do this when under extreme stress" canard.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Transnistria has got its own militia and reserves, Ukraine would have to open a new front even if the Moldavian military tried to join in.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Futanari Damacy posted:

:goonsay:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Ukraine wants that massive 22000 ton soviet ammo dump. NATO has basically came out and said they have nothing left to give Ukraine and China might start providing weapons to Russia.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

Ukraine wants that massive 22000 ton soviet ammo dump. NATO has basically came out and said they have nothing left to give Ukraine and China might start providing weapons to Russia.

Is that China part based on anything or are they making poo poo up again?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1628567915543789568

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1628762388072927232

I don't think China will actually do it. However, it seems like they are understandably getting pissed at NATO and the States.

Death By The Blues has issued a correction as of 16:08 on Feb 23, 2023

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lmao forever @ nato appealing to international law

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Berkhivka is now in Russian hands. Yahidne is the next objective.

The report I posted about the Russian Army capturing Marinka awhile was either incorrect or I misunderstood it. As Ryber's maps and reports show the battle is still deadlocked at the center of the town.

Instead of continuing the grinding fight, the Russian Army has turned southwest and pushed into Podjeda in an outflanking attempt.

https://t.me/s/rybar

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

it's not illegal when nato does it

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/NATO/status/1628687961477750790

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Its just sitting there

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobasna_ammunition_depot

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm baffled by their argument.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

wow, another loving rhodesian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Oh cool the instigator is here to tell us war is cool and heroic and it is based, actually, to die for your country

The cruelty is the point