Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Posting about Marvel stuff in another thread made me realize we still don't have Man-Thing!

Wonder what his power would be...Imma guess maybe like a 5/6 or 6/8 and has some sort of "destroy opponent's card at this location" power. Maybe destroy their lowest cost card? Or a random 3 or 4 cost card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, Mystique and Rogue are unique in that they're On Reveals that become Ongoing. So you can Mystique a Mystique, assuming the first one successfully copied an ability, or Mystique a Rogue...but you can't Absorbing Man a Rogue because by the time he resolves, she no longer HAS an "On Reveal" ability to be copied.

Also, someone in a Discord I'm in showed this image that I think is from some datamined stuff?

I've been told they're all characters in the "Spider-Ham" universe, so...uhh...hold on to your butts?

gently caress yes. I've been waiting for Spider-Ham.

CitizenKeen fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 23, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My Destroy deck has my best variants, so I play that one a bunch even though it's frequently ruined by unlucky RNG. Deadpool riding Nyan-cat always gets emotes from opponents, and the luchador Taskmaster is a lot of fun even if he doesn't get much use.

The most wins I've gotten this season are from a barebones pool 1 & 2-only zoo deck. I dunno if people aren't expecting it or if the game is putting me against lower-level opponents because of it.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Just wanted to report that it seems I have gotten a lot better at snapping ever since I opened Galactus in a reserve cache, wow I'm good

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Push El Burrito posted:

Do not confuse Captain Americat with Capwolf.

CATS AREN’T WOLVES!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

cinnamon rollout posted:

Just wanted to report that it seems I have gotten a lot better at snapping ever since I opened Galactus in a reserve cache, wow I'm good

you're not the first person to post this in this thread and it's hard to read it as anything but 'gently caress off for trying to help people get better at the game, all you need to do is have a good card in your deck'

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Capwolf would be fire.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Jordan7hm posted:

My deck this season has been the surfer girls deathwave. I haven’t really changed any of the cards, I know how it fares against every matchup, I know what to expect. I’ve switched to other decks as I get new cards, because this is a game, but I consistently go back to it when I want to climb some ranks.

I picked it last season because I got Wave, I like destroy decks, and I have a couple cool variants for it.

Whats this deck? Im interested

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

the_american_dream posted:

I'm sure you've seen it. The name predates silver surfer so its a little confusing now.

Death
She Hulk
Squirrel Girl
Wave
Dethlok
Carnage
Bucky
Aero
Shang Chi
Yondu
Killmonger
Iceman (usually now after a streamer made it popular)

I still dont think it's as good as people think and you can make a ton of piles based on abusing wave+she hulk+aero without having to play all the destroy stuff.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Look at my DeathWave a few posts up, it's basically that. Wave, Aero, SheHulk, and Death are the main bits, plus stuff to kill to get Death primed. Wave on 5 allows you to drop SHulk and Death on the same turn, or either + Aero for board control.

Edit - beaten here too, as is tradition

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

MissMarple posted:

I can't believe someone would just come and say something so violently antimaths.
It is true as long as they mean exactly "six heads and then six tails"

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This is what I use

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Wave
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Aero
# (6) She-Hulk
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IllvbmR1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aGxvayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcXVpcnJlbEdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Enchantress is the tech spot, but I honestly just keep her there most of the time because she fucks up my hated decks (mostly discard) a fair bit

As others have mentioned, the perfect turn 5>6 is wave into She Hulk, death, and a third card, either aero or enchantress usually.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 23, 2023

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Every once in a while I run into a Kingpin when I've got Aero in my deck and it feels real good to drop that Aero on turn six in the Kingpin lane.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Aeros meeting for coffee at fisk tower on turn 5

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
So...Orka is hard-coded to be the most common Pool 4 card, right? How else do so many people seem to have him (well, have but not play based on complaints here and other online spaces .)

I guess I pulled She-Hulk first, but he seems to be the one I see talked about most when people complain about what cards they got.

Anyway, I got Orka and now I feel compelled to make a deck around him...maybe with an Electro/Sandman ramp? Even then, ugh, only 2 power more than a more useful card like Hulk or Magneto or Death.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

DrBouvenstein posted:

So...Orka is hard-coded to be the most common Pool 4 card, right? How else do so many people seem to have him (well, have but not play based on complaints here and other online spaces .)

I guess I pulled She-Hulk first, but he seems to be the one I see talked about most when people complain about what cards they got.

Anyway, I got Orka and now I feel compelled to make a deck around him...maybe with an Electro/Sandman ramp? Even then, ugh, only 2 power more than a more useful card like Hulk or Magneto or Death.

its probably just a product of people wanting to vent about getting orka as their first series 4 card or getting orka in general even

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

We like mbaku now. Orka sux.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Is Darkhawk still any good post-Zabu-nerf? Just pulled him

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

goferchan posted:

Is Darkhawk still any good post-Zabu-nerf? Just pulled him

why is darkhawk even that good? how many cards can get added to a deck reliably?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

I don't have Orka yet and I have Helicarrier as my only current tier-4 card (not counting Black Panther and others from season passes)

I might have pulled Luke Cage when he was still tier 4. I'm pretty sure I got She-Hulk and Titania after they went to tier 3.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Snazzy Frocks posted:

why is darkhawk even that good? how many cards can get added to a deck reliably?

He’s 4/6 with nothing in your deck to help him, and if you run korg and rockslide and widow he’s 4/14

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Darkhawk is still very good yes.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

DrBouvenstein posted:

Just think of Orka as a Chavez with potential extra power. Just running Chavez is usually better though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

buffalo all day posted:

He’s 4/6 with nothing in your deck to help him, and if you run korg and rockslide and widow he’s 4/14

ok fair enough. ive yet to see him played so i guess i couldn't appreciate the impact

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Isn't Darkhawk weak against Galactus decks and other decks that run Adam Warlock?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

And if you luck into Subterranea or Lechuguilla? :Chef's kiss: (Especially Subterranea since your opponent can just avoid Lechuguilla if they wanted to.)

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Now that I have Aero, I was able to netdeck this fun little Dino deck that people find works well (I think I’ve seen variations in this thread too?) and now I’m finally climbing consistently out of the 30s

I love being able to sneak out a win with a double She-Hulk or an absolute bastard Aero sacrifice (drawing their last turn play into a lane they’re already winning) when I can see them starting to play around a Dino.

Definitely burned through the low mmr opponents in the last 48 hours… hopefully I don’t lose too much steam before I can reliably spot Galactus/Knull being set up. (Only seen it once, but I’m barely above 40 now)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chainclaw posted:

Isn't Darkhawk weak against Galactus decks and other decks that run Adam Warlock?

Yes, but he's also strong against Thanos decks and they're FOTM right now.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Hey, if anyone’s been trying to pull an Adam Warlock variant, I apologize. I’ve taken all of them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
trade you, I found out today that angela has both a baby and a chibi variant

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

And if you luck into Subterranea or Lechuguilla? :Chef's kiss: (Especially Subterranea since your opponent can just avoid Lechuguilla if they wanted to.)

You can tell Darkhawk players because they always snap on Subterranea reveal.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I like being able to burst out cards, I like little strong combos and I like confusing my opponent if possible. Here's a little double move, double destruction combo control deck I threw together if anyone wants to play with it. I would absolutely drop the Bucky and Carnage for Miles Morales if I had him.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Walla posted:

I like being able to burst out cards, I like little strong combos and I like confusing my opponent if possible. Here's a little double move, double destruction combo control deck I threw together if anyone wants to play with it. I would absolutely drop the Bucky and Carnage for Miles Morales if I had him.

Helps if I post the deck.

# (1) Nova
# (1) Iron Fist
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Dagger
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Vulture
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Aero
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbkZpc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJ1Y2t5QmFybmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWdWx0dXJlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYWdnZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNsb2FrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

trade you, I found out today that angela has both a baby and a chibi variant

I got both those variants pretty early, but I don't like either of them really.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

No Wave posted:

I'm sure you've seen it. The name predates silver surfer so its a little confusing now.

Death
She Hulk
Squirrel Girl
Wave
Dethlok
Carnage
Bucky
Aero
Shang Chi
Yondu
Killmonger
Iceman (usually now after a streamer made it popular)

I still dont think it's as good as people think and you can make a ton of piles based on abusing wave+she hulk+aero without having to play all the destroy stuff.

ah yea ok I thought it was a surfer variation. Thanks all

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I really need to get Aero. I feel like every deck I have is always like one card away from what you need to really be successful, and usually it's Aero.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think aero's probably the most powerful card in the game right now in terms of both disruption and sheer playability. run her in anything and you're probably going to win matches off of her alone

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RevKrule posted:

You can tell Darkhawk players because they always snap on Subterranea reveal.

I legit love stuff like this. Any nuances that are just picked up to have in the back of your mind. Always helpful

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah just had a game where she yanked a blue marvel in a kazoo deck to the isle of silence, huge disruption. Dunno why the guy didn’t bail then but got 4 cubes in the win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

I legit love stuff like this. Any nuances that are just picked up to have in the back of your mind. Always helpful

Another one is that Agatha players always have one more card in their starting hand, right? I think Thanos players have a similar tell as well.