Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Meanwhile the Sierra having a very snowy winter.

yep, gently caress those euros. RESERVOIRS FILLED. drought BTFO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

thx that is bailey, she is an incredibly good racehorse

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

actionjackson posted:

the biggest snowfall is supposed to be overnight, 7-11"

so with earlier today and the 4" on tuesday, we should still get 16-20 at least

I dunno. may be more like 12-16. this is very underwhelming.

https://twitter.com/nwstwincities/status/1628552595836125185?s=46&t=dqef4EM0d4sDONnYkrAtZw

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

actionjackson posted:

:3:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The Pussy Boss posted:

It can't compete with a blizzard, but we got 11 inches of rain on Saturday in Hawaii...

https://twitter.com/NaniWaialeale/status/1627412768277291008

I’ve been to Rainbow Falls, it’s pretty :unsmith:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

actionjackson posted:

The video you posted reminded me of the dogs in the painting The Hunters in the Snow which is a good painting, has good dogs in it, and is weather related

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Fantastic dog. Loving this page (great dog on it)

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

THEY said 18.2 inches and if it isn't exactly that I will rage.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

actionjackson posted:

thems are some long legs :3:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Could someone train a dog to cover their car with a tarp?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Animals know when storms are coming before humans couldn't there be like a tarp terrier who barks at the door and it's 60 degrees outside but you know they know a storm is brewing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

any greyhound could do that if you are willing to compromise the covering a car part down to merely chasing a rabbit so far you never see it again.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

If I'm going to start breeding tarp terriers I want a robust dog that can pull heavy weights with their teeth and be okay in cold weather

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SirPablo posted:

THEY said 18.2 inches and if it isn't exactly that I will rage.

Sir, this isn’t the relationships.txt thread.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There is no point in breeding a dog that will tell you when snow comes because it'll just be turnspit dogged in a century's time. On the other hand, we'll need turnspit dogs to rotate our future rotisseries

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'll eat human before I eat dog.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
People eating tasty animals humans

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Demilich posted:

I'll eat human before I eat dog.

That's what's on the rotisserie, the dog is fine

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao at all the models and projections that said Portland would have some flurries at best

It’s easily 6 inches deep if not more and still falling

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's what's on the rotisserie, the dog is fine

We have our priorities.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lmao at all the models and projections that said Portland would have some flurries at best

It’s easily 6 inches deep if not more and still falling

Same thing to the north - 10-15cm snow predicted overnight, it's 8 in the evening, 18 cm accumulated and snowing heavily. I don't think my wife will be getting to work tomorrow.

Hopefully the puppy isn't too squirrelly from lack of exercise, we keep losing her frisbee in the snow. drat thing needs an avalanche beacon.

A Border Collie puppy running through a muddy creek leaves a 15 metre trail of mud droplets in the snow behind her. I have no idea why I measured the trail or what I'm going to do with the information.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hexigrammus posted:

We have our priorities.

Same thing to the north - 10-15cm snow predicted overnight, it's 8 in the evening, 18 cm accumulated and snowing heavily. I don't think my wife will be getting to work tomorrow.

Hopefully the puppy isn't too squirrelly from lack of exercise, we keep losing her frisbee in the snow. drat thing needs an avalanche beacon.

A Border Collie puppy running through a muddy creek leaves a 15 metre trail of mud droplets in the snow behind her. I have no idea why I measured the trail or what I'm going to do with the information.

It seems to have stopped so maybe things will look better in the morning but lol. good luck with puppy, herding dogs and inside days and puppies are a Venn diagram that you don’t want to be at the center of

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Seems fine

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

actionjackson posted:

Stay safe, Tarp-dog :3:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Alscott1971/status/1628696925863133185

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
lotta weather happening

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Yea, it's spring weather.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Gripweed posted:

lotta weather happening

those temp gradients sure mean lotta weather.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Gripweed posted:

lotta weather happening

America can’t even agree on what season it is smdh

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

we have just over 10" here in minneapolis with another 1-3". so not the super mega storm predicted, but still plenty of snow. thankfully it's the light fluffy stuff - last month we had 15 inches of extremely wet snow, it was god awful

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

actionjackson posted:

not allowed with greyhounds if they aren't in an enclosed area. they could start running wherever they want at 40 mph in an instant

My German Shepherd had an Italian greyhound buddy at our local fenced in dog park back in the day, and loved chasing it but hated that he had no chance to catch. He quickly figured out that if he just waited in the middle of the park the greyhound would shortly be back, so the scene was greyhound running end to end of the park repeatedly, and my dog lunging a few feet left or right as it ran by.

Wasn't ideal for his exercise but they all seemed to have fun enough

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Buffalo is encased in Ice lol

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

actionjackson posted:

Oh hey is this the tarp dog thread?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Animals know when storms are coming before humans couldn't there be like a tarp terrier who barks at the door and it's 60 degrees outside but you know they know a storm is brewing

What's that Lassie? I'm going to need a bigger tarp?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

tater_salad posted:

those temp gradients sure mean lotta weather.

tfw the gradient is a cliff

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

TehSaurus posted:

the booties :3:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Gripweed posted:

lotta weather happening

building a continent-sized stirling engine to generate power using the 130 degree temperature differential

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

TehSaurus posted:

tarp dog thread :five:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Enfys posted:

tarp dog thread :five:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003