Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sally posted:

i don't know why spr's buttons were yanked. if it was because she used IK powers outside of her assigned thread, then that's mistaken reasoning because spr was a full PYF IK. i suspect it is because everyone in the mod forum is arguing amongst one another right now but admins are just kinda... not... there... like, a post once in a while but no one conversing. so now the mod forum is a containment thread for mods to vent and the PYF Feedback is a containment thread for everyone else to vent. But were all stuck waiting for the new feedback forum.

i am not even clear on when this is going to happen. soon? next week? when it's ready? i feel like i'm waiting for the launch of duke nukem forever

Sounds like an epic fail situation, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

man, if you can't face like 10 annoyed posters without freaking out and banning people, you're probably too chickenshit to be in any position of power.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If I were a mod and the admins stopped communicating while a bunch of poo poo was going on, I'd probably just stop modding. But I guess I'd never want to be a mod in the first place so it wouldn't really make a difference.

In the mod forum do people jokingly go 'admins???' like people do with 'mods???' in the other forums?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

docbeard posted:

He may well have genuinely believed she was IK only of the Sagas thread, I can't imagine any of this is written down anywhere (or at least I don't remember it being written down during my brief ill-advised etc.)

on the forums backend IKs can be restricted to only one thread - like there are cspam IKs for specific threads who do not have the ability to probe people elsewhere - so theres no way there was any confusion about whether spr could use buttons outside of the sagas thread.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

docbeard posted:

This was Fluffdaddy's answer for why her buttons were removed:

He may well have genuinely believed she was IK only of the Sagas thread, I can't imagine any of this is written down anywhere (or at least I don't remember it being written down during my brief ill-advised etc.)

I remember it used to be actually forbidden for IKs to probe mods but that doesn't seem to have been true for years now. I don't imagine there's really a high bar of justification required for "we don't want this person to be an IK any more" in any case. Shame, though, she was good at it.

:negative: ahh, yah.

it was written down though. PYF thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4009170&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=0#post525319100

and i made a note in the mod forum of skipping the idea thread IKs and just letting everyone loose in PYF. i am guessing admins dont want to deal with it now if the new feedback forum is dropping soon, but see no reason spr cant be reinstated at a future date. or heck, just give IK stars to a new batch of people. i still genuinely believe rotating in stars in and out is a good idea overall.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sally posted:

i still genuinely believe rotating in stars in and out is a good idea overall.

Yeah that’s actually not a bad idea tbh

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

It has been suggested many times

and yet

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
rotating IKs works great in imp zone. doing it elsewhere may get too close to admitting IZ is right about something for the admins tastes tho

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
QCS open yet?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sally posted:

i still genuinely believe rotating in stars in and out is a good idea overall.

Yeah, agreed. I feel like it's already the custom in a lot of places that use IKs at all.

(Not it.)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
admins seem to generally like IZ though so i think that would be an easy win if PYF modd wanted it.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

If I were a mod and the admins stopped communicating while a bunch of poo poo was going on, I'd probably just stop modding. But I guess I'd never want to be a mod in the first place so it wouldn't really make a difference.

In the mod forum do people jokingly go 'admins???' like people do with 'mods???' in the other forums?

ha sometimes. not enough.

i like modding but i also mod very quiet subs where people are generally chill and there's no real mod work. i mostly try to run community threads and contests or just change thread titles/icons or guve out new avs. it's fun. that's not the same experience modding other subs tho

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ah, dr cool aids and dr kool-aids have once again convened

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

ah, dr cool aids and dr kool-aids have once again convened

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Very cool that even the mods have no idea what the admins are doing/thinking most of the time

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

What's getting posted in the mod guidelines thread rn?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The AIDs Symposium

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011
Being far, far too mad about moderation. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

almost

Fluffdaddy posted:

Feedback forum will be opening very soon, as in the next week soon.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

discussing the plAIDStonic theory of forms

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Macinirol posted:

Being far, far too mad about moderation. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

gonna need the proclaimers of aids to reconvene

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I don't think the DNF comparison is accurate because that one did actually come out

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"the users are posting about zoos and museums" is a level beyond the mod forum. we must retreat to mod forum 2

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'll suffer the indignity of actually putting effort into an OP if people want the zoos thread back, unless we're holding out hope it'll be ungassed

will still be making a mod joke about the Iceland dick museum tho

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Macinirol posted:

by contrast the current admin staff are so cool and detached that they don't actually post on these forums at all

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
surely if they keep punishing spr this will all blow over

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'll suffer the indignity of actually putting effort into an OP if people want the zoos thread back, unless we're holding out hope it'll be ungassed

will still be making a mod joke about the Iceland dick museum tho

I was told no when I asked for it be ungassed so fire away on an OP

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
What if someone made a PYF individual combatant death thread? Maybe then the mods would actually take action against it? Or at least every other thread so we know that's the paradigm?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
this council is now in session

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

lol!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MacheteZombie posted:

lmao why

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

MacheteZombie posted:

what in the gently caress is going on with these losers lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Very cool that even the mods have no idea what the admins are doing/thinking most of the time

it's like that saying that if you don't know what you're doing than your enemies don't either, except uhhh

actually no it's exactly like that lmfao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

MacheteZombie posted:

what on earth

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

PYF completely opaque administration choice

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Why do the admins want to make it so miserable to talk to your friends on the site they make you pay money to be a part of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
To be clear, I'm the CD mod so I have no power over PYF, I just made the request