Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I clicked the button 958 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Phwhat?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The bacon briefcase is truly upon us

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pvt. Public posted:

Big Valt, best Valt.

On a completely unrelated note: what races are y'all planning to get to this year? My dad and I will be doing Italy, Monaco, Spain, Le Mans, and Canada as his overdue and extended retirement trip. I'll likely be at Japan since I'll be in the country at that time anyway and I'll maybe make it to Austin and possibly Mexico. I'll be in Brazil but at a drat wedding and not the race, which I'm not at all upset about. Not one bit.

I’m going to one of the days for Super GT at Fuji during May with my dad, and will likely try to get to WEC at Fuji again. Suzuka for F1 is something I’d love to do but need to properly plan, and ideally get my dad over to go as well. We also want to do Le Mans but that’ll wait for another year or two, too.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I wish you could see what fuel loads people were running

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

spectacular broadcast, yellows then a VSC, no vision or explanation as to why

oh it's a test.. wtf
e: so is the last 20 minutes of testing all just VSC?

e2: Crofty is sick and is going to wreck the commentary crew before Bahrain lmao, the flu going around is a 2-3 week thing

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Feb 23, 2023

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Ayy we make-a da car look-a like-a da cokehead

This is what happens when you leave the pasta al dente

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Kirios posted:

Why aren't F1 cars built in cast iron?!

F1 cars are not made out of cast iron because it is a heavy and brittle material that is not well-suited for high-performance racing. F1 cars are designed to be as lightweight as possible while still being strong and rigid enough to withstand the extreme forces and stresses that occur during a race. Cast iron is a dense and heavy material, which would add unnecessary weight to the car and reduce its performance.

Instead, F1 cars are typically constructed from lightweight and durable materials such as carbon fiber and titanium. These materials are stronger and lighter than cast iron, allowing F1 cars to achieve high speeds and maneuverability on the track. Carbon fiber, in particular, is widely used in F1 car construction due to its high strength-to-weight ratio, excellent stiffness, and resistance to fatigue.

In addition to being lightweight and strong, F1 cars must also be able to dissipate heat quickly, which is essential for the proper functioning of the engine and other critical components. Cast iron is not well-suited for this purpose as it has poor thermal conductivity and can easily crack under high temperatures.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

WELL DONE REBUS

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/FastestPitStop/status/1628717458822512640

I guess mercedes went for a slow car this year

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I am excited to announce that I will not be watching Netflix's venerated dramatization 'Drive to Survive' this year as it is a literal poo poo show about a shitshow

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Stride to Turdvibe

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Dictator. posted:

F1 cars are not made out of cast iron because it is a heavy and brittle material that is not well-suited for high-performance racing. F1 cars are designed to be as lightweight as possible while still being strong and rigid enough to withstand the extreme forces and stresses that occur during a race. Cast iron is a dense and heavy material, which would add unnecessary weight to the car and reduce its performance.

Instead, F1 cars are typically constructed from lightweight and durable materials such as carbon fiber and titanium. These materials are stronger and lighter than cast iron, allowing F1 cars to achieve high speeds and maneuverability on the track. Carbon fiber, in particular, is widely used in F1 car construction due to its high strength-to-weight ratio, excellent stiffness, and resistance to fatigue.

In addition to being lightweight and strong, F1 cars must also be able to dissipate heat quickly, which is essential for the proper functioning of the engine and other critical components. Cast iron is not well-suited for this purpose as it has poor thermal conductivity and can easily crack under high temperatures.

man sounding like ChatGPT over here

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FAUXTON posted:

Ayy we make-a da car look-a like-a da cokehead

lol day 1 manufacturing defect classic scud

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

What were the top speeds from last season?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Looking like another year of pain for us McLaren boys

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dictator. posted:

this is gonna be the dumbest loving gimmick

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
The Orlen branding being on the AT instead of the Alfa is confusing.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Dictator. posted:

GPT thread.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

lol day 1 manufacturing defect classic scud

plausible deniability :getin:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The genius Scud lads are going to have everything on their car break in testing so they can make "reliability upgrades"

freddiestarfish
Dec 4, 2005
I LIKE RABBITS

acidx posted:

GPT thread.

GPT(wo) engine. Aarrrgghhh

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

My thoughts on F1 testing are Get In There Lewis

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i think handsome charle should try going a little bit faster and not fishtailing the turns

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡
SARGEANT WDC 2025 CONFIRMED
🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mclaren still haven't fixed the drat brakes from last year...

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1628760653614686209?s=20

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They're using the wrong tape for a duct

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

ilmucche posted:

WELL DONE REBUS

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Old raw beef Verstappen

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

He does like going raw into things

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Alpine’s look rough.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Old raw beef Verstappen

Look at this good bag of dicks max.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Its over

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Old raw beef Verstappen

Eat many good walls.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Can't name a single song, psycho poo poo

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
He's Dutch so it's probably some terrible eurobeat song about "making you move"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Even he hates that lovely super max song

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FakeBlood posted:

He just listens to Eiffel 65's Blue on repeat

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
He likes crazy frog but not axel f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FakeBlood posted:

The dutch dont listen to eurobeat, the dutch manufacture much worse electronic music than eurobeat