Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Isn't Iron Man 3 the one where the self-absorbed man child gets humbled until they commit to giving up on their obsessive need for superficial techno-trinkets to focus on healthy relationships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

ynohtna posted:

Isn't Iron Man 3 the one where the self-absorbed man child gets humbled until they commit to giving up on their obsessive need for superficial techno-trinkets to focus on healthy relationships?

it's the one where Gwyneth Paltrow hadoukens Guy Pearce into a puff of flames and dust

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/NATO/status/1628687961477750790

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"We are the 300 at the Gates of Fire."
"...from the movie, 300, right?"
"Yeah. Is there a book or something? Anyhow the point is we're badass and will definitely win."

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Bakeneko posted:

So I went and checked out that website, and everything on there is just as bad if not worse:

$2,749 for something that looks like a plastic toy you’d see in the gift shop at a fantasy-themed amusement park.
Well on the plus side, it lets you speak with dragons an extra three times per day.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

it's the one where Gwyneth Paltrow hadoukens Guy Pearce into a puff of flames and dust

It can be both

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Zero_Grade posted:

Well on the plus side, it lets you speak with dragons an extra three times per day.

But they'll always just laugh at your lack of taste, which is feedback you can get anywhere.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I'm pretty sure she said no because this dude can't shut the gently caress up about marvel movies for 2 seconds.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Karma Comedian posted:

Even if she did love it, apparently the red wears off:

I love this so much. "Your lovely ring's color will flake off in a couple months, but we will re-paint it for two years. After that? Buddy, you proposed with that thing, your marriage is not going to last two years."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Zero_Grade posted:

Dragons haven't been around ever since a sighting of the last one in the 80s.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Comment on a Youtube video from some ladies fighting on a trashy reality show:

quote:

1:12 The Industry via Cardi B has influenced these modern day woman that speaking gibberish and sticking they tongue out rolling they eyes to the back of they head is suppose to be flattering. Although I do know it's in veneration for the mother goddess kali who also sticks its 👅 out. Clearly Blasphemous

:sigh:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My brain whenever I hear about Cardi B:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nc43_N24Yk

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Feb 23, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Calling it now, some gross nerd is gonna claim they're just "venerating mother goddess Kali" when someone yells at them for wearing one of those ahegao face hoodies.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Read After Burning posted:

Calling it now, some gross nerd is gonna claim they're just "venerating mother goddess Kali" when someone yells at them for wearing one of those ahegao face hoodies.

I've had multiple arguments with people at the con I work at as to if they're "sexual" or not. I hate those loving things with a burning passion.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

Dragons haven't been around ever since a sighting of the last one in the 80s.

You have to imagine them.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Neito posted:

I've had multiple arguments with people at the con I work at as to if they're "sexual" or not. I hate those loving things with a burning passion.

no no you don't understand it doesn't show a penis in a hole, so it's not sexual. How do you know that's not just gum or polyurethane spray foam covering their faces? Really you're the pervert here

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Neito posted:

I almost bought one once because I honestly thought cross-eyed, mouth-open, drool-coming-out-of-mouth was indicative that the person is dead, or a zombie, or in some state of reanimation/brainlessness. I thought the hoodie I saw online was generated by some AI... I think my girlfriend at the time stopped me from buying it, and another friend of mine who works for a manga publisher says everyone wears these whenever she has to actually interact in person with her coworkers (which is rare, I guess)

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Neito posted:

I once saw a 60-something y/o lady wearing one at the grocery store. Ladies rock

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Grandma ahegao hoodie is a huge power move.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There are a suprising amount of Grandma weebs. I know there is one who is a massive JRPG fan girl on YouTube that just talks about the JRPG she likes and shows the poo poo she imports from Japan

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Data Graham posted:

My brain whenever I hear about Cardi B:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjq-Ek_wCyM

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
it makes sense that olds would enjoy anime, their brains are turning to mush in real time

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Coolness Averted posted:

no no you don't understand it doesn't show a penis in a hole, so it's not sexual. How do you know that's not just gum or polyurethane spray foam covering their faces? Really you're the pervert here

Literally an argument someone tried to make.

My Spirit Otter posted:

it makes sense that olds would enjoy anime, their brains are turning to mush in real time

"Anime bad" isn't the devistating dunk you think it is, my guy.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Neito posted:

"Anime bad" isn't the devistating dunk you think it is, my guy.

if twitter has taught me anything, people with anime avs dont matter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean no one on Twitter really matters all that much

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
If I'm too old to say "olds" am I an old?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You are never too old to disparage those indistinguishable to yourself from an outside perspective.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://twitter.com/cafreiman/status/1627810238647640071

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Marx literally said that capitalism was the best thing that has ever existed at producing things but has big problems with how it distributes them.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The scare quotes should have given it away but I genuinely thought he was making the opposite point at first. Like, this graph is so extreme, it must indicate some sort of anomalous behavior in the economy.

But no, it's literally just "number go up, checkmate commies :smug:"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Ror posted:

The scare quotes should have given it away but I genuinely thought he was making the opposite point at first. Like, this graph is so extreme, it must indicate some sort of anomalous behavior in the economy.

But no, it's literally just "number go up, checkmate commies :smug:"

These people are incapable of any thought that's not about two things:

1. A number
2. It's ability to go up.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

No one should complain because there's more wealth than ever before. What do you mean it's all in the hands of a few people?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The Roman Empire: famously destitute

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

OwlFancier posted:

Grandma ahegao hoodie is a huge power move.
Too long for a username though.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Zero_Grade posted:

Too long for a username though.

the username limit is just long enough for „grandma ahegao ho”

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/cafreiman/status/1627816819116343296?cxt=HHwWgICw7bexlZctAAAA

https://twitter.com/cafreiman/status/1627370360944447488?cxt=HHwWgMC-oZOuypUtAAAA

https://twitter.com/cafreiman/status/1625696861645332483?cxt=HHwWhoCz7dWr0Y8tAAAA

Okay, this one just fuckin' lost me. Is this a "Sampson from the Bible" meme?
https://twitter.com/cafreiman/status/1621987665355706370?cxt=HHwWhMC8-YPMuoItAAAA

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If only there were some social movement that seeks to move beyond capitalism, to improve upon it and address its failings, without regressing to earlier stages of human history.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Read After Burning posted:

Okay, this one just fuckin' lost me. Is this a "Sampson from the Bible" meme?
https://twitter.com/cafreiman/status/1621987665355706370?cxt=HHwWhMC8-YPMuoItAAAA

It's libertarian bullshit about how we don't need to have barbers/cosmeticians have licenses or standards in their professions.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

He's a libertarian railing against licensing requirements for professional services.

He's doing so by pretending to be defending the barbers board in their right to punish people performing their work unlicensed in a way that guides the viewer to think it's silly to have to have a barbers license to cut hair, thus priming the pump for future libertarian arguments against licensing requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

It's this, but haircuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITP93pqtdQ