Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Fighting Trousers posted:

He's Buddy Cat, because he was a stray who hung out in our back yard, so we just did the stray animal thing of "hey, buddy" with him. Then when we adopted him, nothing else seemed to fit. But he has extra names now, like Bud, Budrick, Buddy Budrickson, Sir Squawkingham, Squawktimus Prime, etc.

Budrickson is an excellent cat name. Ham is mostly Hamilton, hammicat, hambergo, dude, or hamlet.

Originally his name was different, but we were constantly talking about how much of a ham he was for attention that he became Ham.

Pet name origin stories are great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kitten fights are so ridiculous, usually slow motion train wrecks as they have to think between each step what they're going to do next and their brains have like, 8 megs of RAM.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Kwyndig posted:

Kitten fights are so ridiculous, usually slow motion train wrecks as they have to think between each step what they're going to do next and their brains have like, 8 megs of RAM.

My favorite is when they have a buffer overflow and thrash around on their backs until the OS reboots.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Bored posted:

where we are eating the carpet out

There has to be a better way…

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

withak posted:

Being locked in with the skellington of your predecessor is pretty metal.

Two cats enter; one cat leave

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

My two youngest have to make biscuits every night for exactly 3.25 minutes at which point they exit the room as if it were on fire.
It has to be on the microfiber blanket which has to be on me.

If they would just stay on the loving thing it'd be grrreeeeat but they wander since they're in some kind of kitten-trance and eventually hit skin and boy that'll get your attention.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rare crossover with the OSHA thread.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

withak posted:

Rare crossover with the OSHA thread.

Would hug the spicy kitty.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jagged Jim posted:

Would hug the spicy kitty.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Get meow of dis wack-rear end gelatin prison

TWO CATS ENTER
ONE CAT LEAVES
MAD MAX: BEYOND JIGGLEDOME

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

CarForumPoster posted:

We inherited an outdoor cat with our house that does this. Here he is.

We were told he doesn't like humans and would almost certainly bail once new people moved in.

Here he is hating humans. It took us living there and feeding him for about 2 weeks before he'd want to come in every night for pets and brushing. He sites on a lap, purrs and naps the whole time.

He's ~13 years old and an incredible mouser. He's brought us a catfish, ~3 decapitated squirrels and a half dozen or so lizards.

My fluffy boy passed away yesterday at ~15. A very long life for a mostly outdoor cat, but it was unexpected.

I miss him terribly.

CarForumPoster has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Feb 23, 2023

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

May heaven be full of slow fat mice. RIP glorious kitty.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

CarForumPoster posted:

My fluffy boy passed away yesterday at ~15. A very long life for a mostly outdoor cat, but it was unexpected.

I miss him terribly.

I'm so sorry, he seemed like a very nice cat :smith:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Sorry for your loss, at least you got to give him 2+ years of quality time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Makin' biscuits all night!

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

I've never had rear end birds, let alone loud ones! :dadjoke:

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

CarForumPoster posted:

I miss him terribly.

I'm very sorry for your loss :(

Sending warm thoughts and a big hug your way.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I've never had rear end birds, let alone loud ones! :dadjoke:

rear end birder syndrome

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

CarForumPoster posted:

We inherited an outdoor cat with our house that does this. Here he is.

We were told he doesn't like humans and would almost certainly bail once new people moved in.

Here he is hating humans. It took us living there and feeding him for about 2 weeks before he'd want to come in every night for pets and brushing. He sites on a lap, purrs and naps the whole time.

He's ~13 years old and an incredible mouser. He's brought us a catfish, ~3 decapitated squirrels and a half dozen or so lizards.

Condolences on your loss, CFP. Thank you for having such a big heart and giving that goober so much love. It sounds like he didn’t get much in the decade or so prior and I’m sure the years with you were the bestest he had. And he’s looking down from Catte Heaven right now, thinking “I sure hope that dingus has figured out how to hunt by now! Good thing I was around to make sure they had plenty of catfish, squirrel, and lizard meat.”

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Busket Posket posted:

Good thing I was around to make sure they had plenty of catfish, squirrel, and lizard meat.”

He added bats, rabbits, large frogs, small frogs and moles to the list. I never saw him chase, stalk or kill a bird. We have lots of them too.

The bat legally required a quarantine and health department call which resulted him in him busting out of our large patio by climbing the screen to a small tear, making it bigger and sliding out. He did this as a senior cat 2-3x the average age of an outdoor cat. Bat was negative for rabies so I can safely presume that despite being well fed he just snatched an otherwise healthy, lightning fast bat out of the air for sport.

He was a nice fuckin kitty

e: I buried him tonight in a raised bed I’m going to fill with ginger cat colored flowers. I’m not religious but I like the all-things-become-something-else. He can become yellow and orange flowers.

CarForumPoster has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Feb 24, 2023

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

CarForumPoster posted:

e: I buried him tonight in a raised bed I’m going to fill with ginger cat colored flowers. I’m not religious but I like the all-things-become-something-else. He can become yellow and orange flowers.

Thinking of you, friend. I'm sure the world is excited to open and accept him. He was very beautiful and will make the next round of beautiful things and then be fully dispersed.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Melanistic jaguar

https://twitter.com/BiodiversidadeB/status/1629162338086420480?s=20

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/status/1628515838251655169

honk

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Thank you all for the kind words. Hope I’m not bringing down a great thread. Here’s the memorial garden for my late ginger friend:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rpky401oNu1z6gaut_720.mp4

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

CarForumPoster posted:

Thank you all for the kind words. Hope I’m not bringing down a great thread. Here’s the memorial garden for my late ginger friend:

You have done a beautiful thing.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IMZsQ_Qn5g

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

CarForumPoster posted:

This is simply lovely

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Happy horse:

https://i.imgur.com/FmBZbLw.mp4

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

CarForumPoster posted:

Honestly this is a touching and uplifting tribute to your orange buddy. I'm getting kinda misty eyed.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

IMJack posted:

Honestly this is a touching and uplifting tribute to your orange buddy. I'm getting kinda misty eyed.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

CarForumPoster posted:

Remembrance of our lost buddies and seeing how much love and care you put into your memorial garden is extremely appropriate for this thread :unsmith: Feel free to post more pics and/or stories of the Ginger Avenger if you’d like (no obligation though if you’d rather just distract yourself with other cute things).

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/PaulaWasiak/status/1629043154086203392

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I think I got some water in my tank. (do unmute)

https://i.imgur.com/vPUGSIL.mp4

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/TweetsOfCats/status/1629471024872845315?s=20

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

#LifeGoals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

That one followed the referees instructions on how to get back down! Instead of bouncing off some stuff to go the opposite direction, I mean, which is usually how I expect these things to go.