Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What’s life without a little gambling

Check your horoscope before you place the order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -
Keyboard, fine.

And mouse, probably also fine! Except for serious-gaming wireless mice, those come with their own dongle rather than relying on BT.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In general I have no issues using bluetooth stuff, it tends to Just Work ™️, my issue with it is the drat latency. The iphone and airpods work around this by the iphone delaying whats on the screen for the same amount as the bluetooth lag, but outside of that use case, the lag is baaaaad

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RandolphCarter posted:

So what I’m picking up from this last page or so is I should not get a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard.

You should get a wireless mouse/keyboard/peripheral, but not a bluetooth mouse/keyboard unless you're ready to deal with some major jank. Those 2.4 dongles are extremely reliable.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

In general I have no issues using bluetooth stuff, it tends to Just Work ™️, my issue with it is the drat latency. The iphone and airpods work around this by the iphone delaying whats on the screen for the same amount as the bluetooth lag, but outside of that use case, the lag is baaaaad

I tried to play Theatrhythm with wireless earbuds lol. It was very frustrating.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Probably buying this and this to deck on my tv.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I've had some unreliable dongles, or unreliable USB ports, hard to say.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
the dongless Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 worked for me 100% of time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No true pro would use a dongless mouse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the virgin wireless wizard v the chad usb dongle goblin

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've had enough wireless mouses crap out on me during hardcore gaming seshes that I just use wired now tbh

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

loquacius posted:

I've had enough wireless mouses crap out on me during hardcore gaming seshes that I just use wired now tbh

This is like how my dad would constantly drive everywhere on E and start screaming when the car died

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i love dongles. can't get enough of em

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

This is like how my dad would constantly drive everywhere on E and start screaming when the car died

:hmmyes: gonna get an electric car with like a 2000-mile-long extension cord and never stop for gas again

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Anyone have any recommendations for a case? As in phone case, not carrying case. I pretty much only need it because of my sweaty hands, so as slim and low profile as possible, and nice to hold. I got a cheap silicon one but it's so loose and ugly that I'm looking for a nicer one.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

lordfrikk posted:

I didn't know they had easily replaceable batteries! Incidentally the true wireless earbuds that Sony makes are one of the very few that are also supposed to have easily replaceable batteries. I wish they'd went farther and turned it into an market advantage.

However I've only heard bad things (as far as build quality and longevity goes) about the Sony wireless headsets that a lot people buy to use with their Playstations (Gold/Platinum/PULSE 3D) so I've been avoiding them.

It's a drat shame that tech reviews don't put an emphasis on build quality/reliability-- I'm rolling the dice in the sense that I know that they consistently review well, and the build quality of my WH-1000XM4s seems on par with my old Bose QC15s. Those were some good headphones - they lasted me ~7 years before I gave them to a friend who promptly disappeared them.

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 24, 2023

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
How about that Steam Deck huh?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

hadji murad posted:

Would you like to talk about it?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think it’s neat :)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

hadji murad posted:

Gonna play a lot of Octopath Traveler 2 on it tomorrow.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

hadji murad posted:

Never heard of it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Ragequit posted:

I've been playing some of this, it's a pretty good time. The English voice acting is quite good, seems like they had great direction to get the characters to feel fully engaged in the scene instead of reading lines in a vacuum.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

I've been playing some of this, it's a pretty good time. The English voice acting is quite good, seems like they had great direction to get the characters to feel fully engaged in the scene instead of reading lines in a vacuum.

Do they, like, interact with each other at all? My biggest problem with the first one was that it felt like eight disconnected stories and the party was more like coworkers than friends, because they were so committed to the idea that every storyline was optional that they didn't write any character interaction in

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

loquacius posted:

Do they, like, interact with each other at all? My biggest problem with the first one was that it felt like eight disconnected stories and the party was more like coworkers than friends, because they were so committed to the idea that every storyline was optional that they didn't write any character interaction in

I can't give a great answer because 1: I didn't play Octopath 1 and 2: I'm still super early but from what I've seen and read the answer is "kind of but not really"

When you start a character, you do their intro and then meet up with a second character after that. At which point they ask if you want to see the second characters intro (this is where I'm at currently, just met a second character and am doing their intro). So I believe this happens with the other characters as well, where they get paired off. From what I've heard this is more than they did with the first but it still doesn't really get to the "big JRPG party" like Persona or FF.

My impression though is that Octopath is inspired by games like SAGA Frontier, where the characters' stories are pretty exclusive from one another. That said I never finished that game either so I can't say for sure.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ragequit posted:

ehhhhh.. it's good. but the same everything. don't expect new music, classes, combat, systems, items, graphics, etc

e: It leaked for switch like 2 days ago so I have about 12 hours in.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Would you like to talk about it?

Hell yeah. Is Arcade Paradise good on it?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

hadji murad posted:

It's verified! Other than that I cannot say, I haven't bought the game yet.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

hadji murad posted:

Very good on it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Someone really should standardize a wifi-ish signal for connecting things, like some gamepads and low latency headsets have, but bluetooth is so drat entrenched :effort:

Apple did.

Being able to use my AirPods on any device I’m using just by having the device play audio is legit. I can go from my phone to tv to iPad like nothing.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

All the fences in Stalker Clear Skies are invisible, seems pretty common on Linux from my googling. Also dx10 lighting makes the text super blurry.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

jokes posted:

I tried to play Theatrhythm with wireless earbuds lol. It was very frustrating.

I just ordered some IEMs to see how different it is without my XM4s with I use exclusively when gaming. I'm so used to whatever latency there is it didn't bother me until I tried Hi-Fi Rush.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Is there an easy way to just remote play your Xbox one with the deck? I see people doing it with playstation, but haven't seen Xbox. I have some games that I can only play on my Xbox, not gamepass, so I would basically need to "play" my Xbox on my deck over my home network.

Edit: nevermind, apparently dead space remake can only be installed on a series x console.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 24, 2023

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Any suggestions for ARPGs which play well on the Deck? I've got the itch. So far I've only tried Grim Dawn, I found its controller UI to suck a little too much to put up with.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Xalidur posted:

Any suggestions for ARPGs which play well on the Deck? I've got the itch. So far I've only tried Grim Dawn, I found its controller UI to suck a little too much to put up with.

Diablo 3 (Switch)

The PC version doesn’t have controller support

Path of Exile works great too, with native controller support

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Blizzard is verboten in my household. Probably should have added that caveat from the getgo!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's not like you'll be giving them money if you're playing the switch version on deck

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Last night I installed Windows on an SD card and after some manual configuration and running some sketchy scripts from Github I eventually got to play the first two levels (so basically two hours) of Hi-Fi Rush from Game Pass.

Also played through Yakuza 6 over the last few weeks and started on Judgment.

Yeah this Deck thing sure is neat!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just play game pass games with cloud streaming and save yourself the fuckaround

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Xalidur posted:

Blizzard is verboten in my household. Probably should have added that caveat from the getgo!

poe is really good + free + not by blizzard + is great on deck

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just play game pass games with cloud streaming and save yourself the fuckaround
Unfortunately I live in a country that they don't support that for :shrug:
considered a VPN but eh this way seems to work well after the initial setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

There’s an app called Greenlight that works for Xbox the same way chiaki does for PS, you can stream your local console and do cloud stuff through it.

https://github.com/unknownskl/xbox-xcloud-client