Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

What's Baracid religion? Local hybrid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

What's Baracid religion? Local hybrid?

yea a melding of Canaanite and Iberian, with the rulers (who are mostly Barcids) also worshipping deified forms of their ancestors, so Hamilcar, Hasdrubal etc.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I'm rooting for you, Christo-Buddhism! And you Armenia, Zoroastrianism's not out of this yet!

Does Druidic also have the reincarnation tenet?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

The Cultus-Deorum has a saga of Jupiter marrying Loki. It started as a trick, but the Aesir and Rumir are too committed to back out of it now.

Mercury-Odin and Vulcan-Thor aren’t syncretic gods, they’re slash-fiction pairings

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Rejected Fate posted:

I'm rooting for you, Christo-Buddhism! And you Armenia, Zoroastrianism's not out of this yet!

Does Druidic also have the reincarnation tenet?

yep! I think they had reincarnation, astrology, and sanctity for nature

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Li'l Carthage, what a scamp!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well those are some very scary huns.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Can't believe we're gonna make the French again

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

don't worry, we're definitely not sticking in one place for the whole of CK3

at the very least, we'll be getting involved in that little struggle over the sea at some point

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I hope we can leave a nice legendary weapon in Lil' Carthage with that useful Sorcerous Metallurgy tradition trait before packing our bags.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

SirPhoebos posted:

The Cultus-Deorum has a saga of Jupiter marrying Loki. It started as a trick, but the Aesir and Rumir are too committed to back out of it now.

was that before or after loki trasformed himself into a mare in order to gently caress The Biggest Horse In The Universe? dude really got around

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

If it's like a number of other MegaLPs, our perpetual and perennial enemy will always be some Kingdom/Nation starting with "Fran-" whether it's France, the Franks or some other gently caress

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

If it's like a number of other MegaLPs, our perpetual and perennial enemy will always be some Kingdom/Nation starting with "Fran-" whether it's France, the Franks or some other gently caress

I mean, even if we were France our greatest enemies would be the French.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

silentsnack posted:

was that before or after loki trasformed himself into a mare in order to gently caress The Biggest Horse In The Universe? dude really got around

The mare was how he met Jupiter.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Are you planning on releasing this mod, OP?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
That Iberia tho.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Well, Masva is still there, and I remain extremely interested in how they get along with their Roman neighbors.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
rip to sub-saharan africa

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Are you planning on releasing this mod, OP?

sure, if people want to give it a shot i'll clean it up a bit and release it

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I would absolutely love to play this mod.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Rejected Fate posted:

I would absolutely love to play this mod.

Same, though perhaps after the end of the CK section of the LP.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Maybe I just missed it, but what exactly is Fyrnsidu?

Also, how does the Gaelic, Gallic and Druidic faiths differ from one another? I think only the "God-king" Druidic was mentioned in the update.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

Buschmaki posted:

rip to sub-saharan africa

Its a Paradox LP- Paradox doesn't care about Africa and neither do most players.

In other words? Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Archaeology Hat posted:

Same, though perhaps after the end of the CK section of the LP.

yeah I tend to do a lot of tweaking and add more to the mod as I play along, so it'd probably be best to release it afterwards anyway

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Luhood posted:

Maybe I just missed it, but what exactly is Fyrnsidu?

Also, how does the Gaelic, Gallic and Druidic faiths differ from one another? I think only the "God-king" Druidic was mentioned in the update.

Fyrnsidu is the Germanic paganism that the Angles and Saxons and them lot took to Britain, and eventually died out with their conversions to Christianity. In this world they brought it south with them, instead, so we'll see if it survives or collapses to the more organised religions. Mechanically they look like this:

The Gaelic and Gallic and Druidic faiths basically all stem from Celtic paganism, but the centuries will have given rise to some differences between them. This is what they look like in-game:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Were you able to modify Holy sites at all? And if so, did you?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Veryslightlymad posted:

Were you able to modify Holy sites at all? And if so, did you?

yep, so most Christian holy sites are in the middle east, Druidism is in various British provinces, Cultus Deorum is concentrated in northern Europe (plus some place called Rome), etc

also, re sub saharan africa, I realised too late that this wasn't CK2, which didn't include nearly so much as ck3's map. it was too late to host another vote, but if anyone's got ideas for event chains that could lead to something interesting happening there, I'd be happy to incorporate something

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

hashashash posted:

also, re sub saharan africa, I realised too late that this wasn't CK2, which didn't include nearly so much as ck3's map. it was too late to host another vote, but if anyone's got ideas for event chains that could lead to something interesting happening there, I'd be happy to incorporate something

sunset invasion inexplicably conquers madagascar and just decides to roll with it

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Something something unified Sub-Saharan africa (or at least a large polity.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Romance of the 3 kingdoms but it's in west africa

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Numidian Mercenary state on the other side of the Sahel that could lead to various numidian adventurers and whatnot trying to form a realm ?

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Stronger states forming earlier due to stronger than OTL trading links to north africa because of the strong and stable Numidia and Carthage?

Lost Carthaginian colony?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think the salt trade was important even in antiquity so maybe a commercial empire centered in North Africa would lead to closer contact through the oasis trade routes or something?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Buschmaki posted:

I think the salt trade was important even in antiquity so maybe a commercial empire centered in North Africa would lead to closer contact through the oasis trade routes or something?

Yeah do this kind of thing. Just a bunch of Mansa Musas with direct trade-contact with Carthage. Maybe their own golden age area with a couple strong united Republics with Carthaginian influences. Also, they have elephants in that area as well...

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Gorilla Empire

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Keep Sub-Saharan Africa looking boring until the 13th century and then a great conquerer spawns down there

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Yeah do this kind of thing. Just a bunch of Mansa Musas with direct trade-contact with Carthage. Maybe their own golden age area with a couple strong united Republics with Carthaginian influences. Also, they have elephants in that area as well...

*boring OTL killjoy voice* I think African Bush Elephants are undomesticable

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Buschmaki posted:

West Africa get's a dark age from their ill-fated attempts to tame Bush Elephants. Their lands are in ruins.

Also looking at the map Sibera and East Tibet area are in a pretty The Shattering (available for download on the Steam Workshop) as well. Siberia would be easy as they are just a bunch of groups that have had to deal directly with getting beat on by the Huns, and may really hate them for it. Not sure about East Tibet area, maybe a little bit of some china stuff?

Edit: also Horn of Africa. Looking at the last update of Imperator, Axum had a bunch of it, so probably just give them lots of the area.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 24, 2023

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Buschmaki posted:

The point of divergence is that someone figured out how, of course! Probably because they crossbred with the surviving North African elephants :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Kangxi posted:

It's beautiful.

yeah it's two chefs kissing each other level of chef's kiss

it's making me think of other sweeping alt-hist paradox mods that put the date of divergence generations ago- in HoI4 terms, less Kaiserreich, more Apres Moi Le Deluge