Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

JackDarko posted:

Another one is that Agatha players always have one more card in their starting hand, right? I think Thanos players have a similar tell as well.
Thanos players have six more cards in their deck! And also an animation soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

That reminds me, does the timer auto-submit your turn if it fills up? I noticed Agatha players run out the clock, so I assumed they're just playing idle and not even looking at the app.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly aero feels like a pretty fair card. She's a tech card that punishes telegraphed plays, and only really feels backbreaking if her effect is doubled. She should probably eat a point nerf down to 6 just to break her ubiquity as a Generic Good Card, but anything past that would be excessive.

Now Shuri on the other hand, Shuri is some straight bullshit and should eat a big nerf

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Chainclaw posted:

That reminds me, does the timer auto-submit your turn if it fills up? I noticed Agatha players run out the clock, so I assumed they're just playing idle and not even looking at the app.

Nah. On one idle it will just move to the next turn and then on that turn the timer burns down quicker. Two idles is a retreat by default.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

The Sean posted:

Nah. On one idle it will just move to the next turn and then on that turn the timer burns down quicker. Two idles is a retreat by default.

Ah so it's mostly people also running out the timer hoping for a retreat from bored opponents. Those Agatha timer games take as long as like 3 regular games.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
God, gently caress Gambit.

I don't have him, only got him from things like Hub, Agent 13, Cable, etc... but you'd better believe when I use him, it destroys their, IDK, Iceman or something. When they have him...right to my Sandman, or Infinaut that was pulled from Lockjaw, etc...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Onehandclapping posted:

Honestly aero feels like a pretty fair card. She's a tech card that punishes telegraphed plays, and only really feels backbreaking if her effect is doubled. She should probably eat a point nerf down to 6 just to break her ubiquity as a Generic Good Card, but anything past that would be excessive.

Now Shuri on the other hand, Shuri is some straight bullshit and should eat a big nerf
She's quite a bit more than that. I actually appreciate the aero meta for a lot of reasons but one or both players always want to aero on turn 6, and aero + 1 drop very often means that aero is the best card to play for both players. I wouldnt remove her from any of my decks at 6 power btw it's too important to actually beat galactus.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
After my worst case streaks of 75% losing overall yesterday I am 14-5 today, so RNG just has it’s mystery habits both ways. :nsa:

btw, if the opponents can’t counter or Cosmo Wong, he is just obscene and oppressive.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

No Wave posted:

She's quite a bit more than that. I actually appreciate the aero meta for a lot of reasons but one or both players always want to aero on turn 6, and aero + 1 drop very often means that aero is the best card to play for both players. I wouldnt remove her from any of my decks at 6 power btw it's too important to actually beat galactus.

Aero as be the current MVP of SNAP right now imho and I would like to see her overall winrate.
She will get nerfed eventually, her impact is just ridiculous.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Beat an Aero with priority by doing nothing and letting sunspot tie a lane versus captain marvel :coolfish:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I only just realized that sorting your collection by "upgradeable" not only moves your cards with upgrades available to the top, it sorts the rest in ascending order of boosters needed till next upgrade.

instead of my upgradable deck composed of my lowest quality cards, now I can get an upgrade every 1-2 games by including the top 12 upgradeable that don't have upgrades available.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Fate Accomplice posted:

I only just realized that sorting your collection by "upgradeable" not only moves your cards with upgrades available to the top, it sorts the rest in ascending order of boosters needed till next upgrade.

instead of my upgradable deck composed of my lowest quality cards, now I can get an upgrade every 1-2 games by including the top 12 upgradeable that don't have upgrades available.

I have an “upgrade deck” with all grey, green and blue cards that I play once in a while to farm some boosters.

The cards usually don’t have any synergy, maybe accidentally, and the curve often is horrible.
And yet you win with this once in a while and you trolled both the opponent and yourself successfully.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Mr.PayDay posted:

The cards usually don’t have any synergy, maybe accidentally, and the curve often is horrible.
And yet you win with this once in a while and you trolled both the opponent and yourself successfully.

Playing your boosters deck is, imo, a great way to practice your snapping/escaping senses.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mr.PayDay posted:

I have an “upgrade deck” with all grey, green and blue cards that I play once in a while to farm some boosters.

I had the same as you till I discovered the quirk of upgradeable sorting in my post, and now my upgrade deck cycles new cards in MUCH faster.

it's likely the grays and greens have the fewest boosters till upgrading, but you may discover some higher level cards only 1-2 away.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

DrBouvenstein posted:

God, gently caress Gambit.

I don't have him, only got him from things like Hub, Agent 13, Cable, etc... but you'd better believe when I use him, it destroys their, IDK, Iceman or something. When they have him...right to my Sandman, or Infinaut that was pulled from Lockjaw, etc...

And even if you put him in your deck you can sometimes forget he is a discard card... but then sometimes it works out! (emphasis on sometimes, also Elysium definitely helped here)

The other screenshot I took today had a full clear of my opponent's side, but I noticed that had the combo played on Dark Dimension, so that's basically cheating. This deck is... not consistent, a good thing I don't care about rank this season.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 23, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

so tempted to blow 1000 tokens on Polaris just cuz it's very annoying not having Polaris or Maximus and the next best replacement being sword master :v:

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
A free Skottie Young Ironheart outta this season's mystery variant? And it goes monochrome on the first split?

Well gee game, that's right kind of you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My Second Re-Reg posted:

A free Skottie Young Ironheart outta this season's mystery variant? And it goes monochrome on the first split?

Well gee game, that's right kind of you.

whoa really?? I thought they couldn't do that on the first split?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sandwolf posted:

whoa really?? I thought they couldn't do that on the first split?

I am guessing they split a different version of Ironheart several times before.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sandwolf posted:

so tempted to blow 1000 tokens on Polaris just cuz it's very annoying not having Polaris or Maximus and the next best replacement being sword master :v:

Uhh...none of those are remotely the same, I'm curious why you're lumping them in like they are?

Unless you're criteria is just "Biggest power for 3 cost"?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DrBouvenstein posted:

Uhh...none of those are remotely the same, I'm curious why you're lumping them in like they are?

Unless you're criteria is just "Biggest power for 3 cost"?

Which is usually why they get thrown into random decks as “biggest power for 3 cost”?? The exact point I’m making

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Sandwolf posted:

I recommend holding onto to the tokens. Polaris is good and cool but you'll get her a lot more easily than earning those 1k tokens back.

edit: and I even posted a list including her today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Sean posted:

I recommend holding onto to the tokens. Polaris is good and cool but you'll get her a lot more easily than earning those 1k tokens back.

edit: and I even posted a list including her today.

I intend to, but actually having a stack of 3000 tokens makes me feel Devil may care… almost bought Destroyer on a whim earlier just cuz that deck archetype seems fun even if a bit out of fashion

Realistically I am going to save to 6k for one of Thanos Galactus maybe Kang if he turns out to be the bees knees

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Look if you never spend your tokens you'll just horde them with nothing to show.

I just spent my last thousand on Ghost Rider.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I dropped a whole bunch on Falcon when I thought it was Vulture and I still have not even used Vulture.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Check out my trash tier upgrade deck! :haw:

Some of the cards are ones I just hate, like Gambit. Others are good but I don’t use due to lack of synergy (hazmat, no luke cage yet)

And some I just got post nerf (Leader)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I use Vulture regularly. I've also bought 5 cards and I'm saving up for maybe She Hulk to show up in my shop. If I pull her first, I can save up for Stature. I don't really care about Galactus or Thanos.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i built a deck just to gently caress with all the combo decks i see with a simple moongirl and dino win condition and it works more often than not.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Mierenneuker posted:

I am guessing they split a different version of Ironheart several times before.

Yeah, it's this - I'm a free player, but I've been in since early-mid beta, so my OG Ironheart has been split a number of times.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Whenever I get a new card I immediately try to build a deck/slot it into one of my established decks until I get it up to rare. I don't own any cards below that level right now, I'm trying to figure out the most cost efficient ways tool earn CL.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got a Dan Hipp Hobgoblin variant and its loving rad. Wish I used him. https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/hobgoblin-04/

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014
Always snap the second your opponent plays wong. They are cowards and will falter and retreat.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I really love the Dan Hipp variants.
Got lucky and pulled the his Killmonger this month and it's loving sweet. And also got his Medusa variant on top of it, which also looks great, but sadly a card I'll basically never play

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

New Leaf posted:

I got a Dan Hipp Hobgoblin variant and its loving rad. Wish I used him. https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/hobgoblin-04/

Saving up for Galactus so I can use Dan Hipp Hob! It’s such a great looking card.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Pulled the Luca claretti cosmo so I’m on top of the world

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

The Huge Manatee posted:

Always snap the second your opponent plays wong. They are cowards and will falter and retreat.

I think this is a safe move if you have priority. If you don’t they can just go for the double white tiger or whatever which is still pretty potent.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

oh wow the Dan Hipp Cosmo is pretty good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i built a deck just to gently caress with all the combo decks i see with a simple moongirl and dino win condition and it works more often than not.

I need one for BP/Arnim Zola, I guess cosmo will do it.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I should retire this deck while I am ahead. 11-1-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

DurosKlav posted:

I should retire this deck while I am ahead. 11-1-1

It's a decent Patriot deck with a weird Dracula. Grab Zero for that Mary and you're off.