Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

someone should make a trump thread but for normal posters

They have already. Check it out.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862673&pagenumber=4239&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

idgi we stickied a holocaust denier's thread and azathoth banned all the good posters. what more do these fuckers want

They want us to stop interrupting their stories about how bad we are, so it's not gonna stop till we are dead comrade

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

copy posted:

no not again this is how we lost marzzle

lol

lmao. what happened to coolcab

unironically he decided it would hurt more to watch me destroy myself as a mod than to leave the glenn thread.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

lol

unironically he decided it would hurt more to watch me destroy myself as a mod than to leave the glenn thread.

:chloe:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i hate it when people refer to posters by their Secret Names

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

I was trying to draft a post that made this suggestion that didn't come off as too snarky - it's a pretty good one, IMO, if all you want is an occasional update on the guy.

After reviewing the SA posters' union guidelines about the thread title Squatters' rights, however

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i do it when it comes to tori, but im nothing if not a hypocrite

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

good luck on making new trump threads, many have made them before, but always, always only one survives

in the meantime, posters in the other threads will be like

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

no such thing

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I like the trump thread and everyone's positive attitude and also it has a lot of kind people who are generally nice and understanding about things like probes

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

KirbyKhan posted:

They want us to stop interrupting their stories about how bad we are, so it's not gonna stop till we are dead comrade
ok

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

a what?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I like the trump thread and everyone's positive attitude and also it has a lot of kind people who are generally nice and understanding about things like probes

Yeah but you like anyone who babbles nonsense at you in a falsetto while scratching you behind your ears

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dunno if two threads is necessary i just expect people to straighten up and fly right when some a-game like the trading card poo poo happens!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah but you like anyone who babbles nonsense at you in a falsetto while scratching you behind your ears

This is 100% accurate. I take most things at face value, and it's extremely easy to trick me by pretending to throw my favorite ball and then hiding it behind your back.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

The more threads the better!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i dunno if two threads is necessary i just expect people to straighten up and fly right when some a-game like the trading card poo poo happens!

this is cspam tho

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

we are crooked and veer to the left

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i think two threads would be pretty funny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you could probably get both of them talking about their lunch at the same time

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

could be good for gang wars. free agencies could be neat. ok im sold this is a great idea.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

two threads each one convinced that their thread is really funny and good and the other one is dogshit populated by monsters

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the animated x-men intro but they're all crying and oversharing

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

there probably will be a 2024 GOP primary thread anyway which is what the trump thread was before it infected itslef with aids

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

That DICK! posted:

the animated x-men intro but they're all crying and oversharing

take down the rules thread and sticky whatever rehab thread is in tcc

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

back when the trump thread got reset every month, it was always a big struggle between who made their new thread too early or too late

a.lo and turdfuzz usually failed by popularity back when they got made around when the old thread was expiring, but then crazy cloud just started making it a day in advance and that's how they've kept it for the past few iterations

fortunes are always shifting though

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

there probably will be a 2024 GOP primary thread anyway which is what the trump thread was before it infected itslef with aids

uh, can you get aids without the hiv part and also how does one infect ones self with aids

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

signing posts, etc.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Al! posted:

two threads each one convinced that their thread is really funny and good and the other one is dogshit populated by monsters

why does that sound really familiar

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

When Trump becomes the 47th president he can have a second thread. One for 45 and one for 47. Only fair

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al! posted:

remember when they moved the gbs trump thread to cspam and it continued to exist simultaneously with the original one, each populated by completely different posters? lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

remember when they moved the gbs trump thread to cspam and it continued to exist simultaneously with the original one, each populated by completely different posters? lol

oh yeah, that actually did happen didn't it. lmao

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

yeah that got me super mixed up

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

thats called a trump rally

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

i don't want the trump thread posters to lose their posting home or anything i just want a thread about trump and the gop to lol at that isn't such a chat thread. too much to scroll past without reading not enough time in the day

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

pandy fackler posted:

i don't want the trump thread posters to lose their posting home or anything i just want a thread about trump and the gop to lol at that isn't such a chat thread. too much to scroll past without reading not enough time in the day

that's a fair desire and criticism but I do think once the primaries start you'll see a lot more focused general GOP laughing. It's a chat thread only for lack of current content save for the half-hearted masquerading of DeSantis.
But in truth the Trump thread only has one last hurrah left in it and that's when the fucker finally dies, then we'll all be freed like those ghosts in return of the king that just kinda show up for some reason

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

that's a fair desire and criticism but I do think once the primaries start you'll see a lot more focused general GOP laughing. It's a chat thread only for lack of current content save for the half-hearted masquerading of DeSantis.
But in truth the Trump thread only has one last hurrah left in it and that's when the fucker finally dies, then we'll all be freed like those ghosts in return of the king that just kinda show up for some reason

It's the Republican Party Politics thread and we'll just change the name to someone else when he finally dies.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

when he dies permaban anyone with more than one page of posts in it, entomb him with a dipshit army like a chinese emperor

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

pandy fackler posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

just make a thread when he does something really funny trying to squeeze blood from a trump is how we got in this mess in the first place