Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

pandy fackler posted:

i don't want the trump thread posters to lose their posting home or anything i just want a thread about trump and the gop to lol at that isn't such a chat thread. too much to scroll past without reading not enough time in the day

Just make a thread anytime he does something funny OP. That's probably a better approach than megathread garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just make a thread anytime he does something funny OP. That's probably a better approach than megathread garbage.

that's like having toilet paper rolls sized for just one poo poo
you'll be going to the closet every 15 minutes

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

that's like having toilet paper rolls sized for just one poo poo
you'll be going to the closet every 15 minutes

u don't keep spare rolls next to the toilet? like under the sink or something?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

people keep saying this and i think it's worth a shot. same for war thread and other megas. just post about specific events and not the generic concept of trump and war or whatever

speng31b
May 8, 2010

auto restart all threads after 30 pages imo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

500 good dogs posted:

u don't keep spare rolls next to the toilet? like under the sink or something?

Well yeah, but for instance my downstairs bathroom has a pedestal sink and a weird tiny linen closet thing so that's where the toilet paper is there so... I dunno I chose one purely for the aesthetic choice that seemed more onerous

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

speng31b posted:

people keep saying this and i think it's worth a shot. same for war thread and other megas. just post about specific events and not the generic concept of trump and war or whatever

this is the basis behind my proposal to gas all threads that hit 5 pages

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think this is a good approach because like the hamburger party Trump day would have been its own thread and could be goldmined and we could revisit the posts from that moment specifically instead of trying to dig around all the other stuff in a monthly trump thread

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think this is a good approach because like the hamburger party Trump day would have been its own thread and could be goldmined and we could revisit the posts from that moment specifically instead of trying to dig around all the other stuff in a monthly trump thread

this is a great point in favour of bespoke event threads instead of megathreads, people sometimes complain that not enough CSPAM threads get goldmined and the reason why is because so many CSPAM threads are 5000 pages long and something funny happens on like page 3999

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

so its settled. the trump thread will be gassed.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
simple compromise, whenevee trump does something really funny, gas the trump thread and by the time it reforms everyone else will have gotten over it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

next time trump does something funny someone make a thread?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Al! posted:

two threads each one convinced that their thread is really funny and good and the other one is dogshit populated by monsters

This was the exact situation for a few years when the gbs trump thread was forcibly relocated to cspam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CODChimera posted:

next time trump does something funny someone make a thread?

yeah its easy just watch

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It'd still need to be subsumed by a general chat thread but maybe that'd be less intimidating to the people who think Trump thread is a haven for morlocks and miscreants or whatever has the hot-to-trots in a tizzy at any given moment is probably a fair call at this point
Whatever gets more people posting pictures of their cats in a location I can reliably find

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

It'd still need to be subsumed by a general chat thread but maybe that'd be less intimidating to the people who think Trump thread is a haven for morlocks and miscreants or whatever has the hot-to-trots in a tizzy at any given moment is probably a fair call at this point
Whatever gets more people posting pictures of their cats in a location I can reliably find

Here you go: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3169030

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i took a photo of a cool cloud or funny sign or something and posted it in the trump thread and then a few hours later someone quoted it and said "I FOUND YOU, YOU gently caress" with a google map pin of the exact location

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vyelkin posted:

this is the basis behind my proposal to gas all threads that hit 5 pages

let's do it

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Spergin Morlock posted:

remember when they moved the gbs trump thread to cspam and it continued to exist simultaneously with the original one, each populated by completely different posters? lol

that's how I ended up here lol ...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Al! posted:

i took a photo of a cool cloud or funny sign or something and posted it in the trump thread and then a few hours later someone quoted it and said "I FOUND YOU, YOU gently caress" with a google map pin of the exact location

see this is the bespoke experience we can't afford to lose

that and the cats

and the drug-fueled ennui

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

as it turns out he was just a fan

speng31b
May 8, 2010

start with this one :gas:

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Al! posted:

good lord

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lpzie posted:

same i think

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Lpzie posted:

CODChimera posted:

same i think

who would have guessed...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
at least the demlols and succzone threads merged successfully from that

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dixon Chisholm posted:

who would have guessed...

oh yeah and where did u come from

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

my war against azathoth has reached glorious fruition

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

a death by inches

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

my war against azathoth has reached glorious fruition

*takes off rainbow colored clown shoe and angrily bangs it on the table, an ear piercing squeek echoes off the walls of C-SPAM with every hit* i will bury you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that guy should work for bellingcat

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Azathoth posted:

*takes off rainbow colored clown shoe and angrily bangs it on the table, an ear piercing squeek echoes off the walls of C-SPAM with every hit* i will bury you

the Olympics are canceled and now so are you

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Al! posted:

two threads each one convinced that their thread is really funny and good and the other one is dogshit populated by monsters

Settle down, Dr. Zimbardo

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

yeah since it's slow Trump news we put anything new in the thread title.... and chat in the thread. when Trump is making big waves the unrelated chatting will die down and focused.... (or else!!). - wartime ik.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

stamford prison experiment would be a funny name as long as everyone understands how much connecticut sucks

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lpzie posted:

yeah since it's slow Trump news we put anything new in the thread title.... and chat in the thread. when Trump is making big waves the unrelated chatting will die down and focused.... (or else!!). - wartime ik.

yeah also when trump is campaigning and truthing nonstop the thread generally stays extremely up to date because there's constant new bizarre trump content to gawk @

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

The trump thread seems genuinely nice but like the Glenn thread, it's got a big group of regulars with their own stuff going and it can be hard to penetrate into that

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
There are so many levels of rigour avaliable in the pvp threads. Yeah, Glenn thread is impenetrable because it assigns homework like reading The Jakarta Method or playing MGS2, but the material viewed under critical lens reveal that Glenn's right.

:)

Glenn is also a little gay goblin residing in Brazil with a himbo husband and 1000 rescue dogs. He's absolutely plugged into United States lib politics and had access when he was the most lib that has libbed with the liberalism of liberals. Somehow was the most stable at maintaining that rhetorical and moral position while the libs and landscape changed around him. Which kinda led to him being a Brazilian goblin who haunts liberal's phones.

Glenn's posts are bespoke pungi traps of high quality. He's got a posters charisma and there are a lot of posts. It is also mostly the contrarian position on most issues. He makes deals with bad actors. He's anti war. He's like Charles Barkley in that he is not a role model, he's been out the game too long, and he is basically a republican.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

There are so many levels of rigour avaliable in the pvp threads. Yeah, Glenn thread is impenetrable because it assigns homework like reading The Jakarta Method or playing MGS2, but the material viewed under critical lens reveal that Glenn's right.

Glenn is also a little gay goblin residing in Brazil with a himbo husband and 1000 rescue dogs. He's absolutely plugged into United States lib politics and had access when he was the most lib that has libbed with the liberalism of liberals. Somehow was the most stable at maintaining that rhetorical and moral position while the libs and landscape changed around him. Which kinda led to him being a Brazilian goblin who haunts liberal's phones.

Glenn's posts are bespoke pungi traps of high quality. He's got a posters charisma and there are a lot of posts. It is also mostly the contrarian position on most issues. He makes deals with bad actors. He's anti war. He's like Charles Barkley in that he is not a role model, he's been out the game too long, and he is basically a republican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

man what